Media Bias

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JoeB131, Jul 19, 2011.

1. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,064
    I was watching NBC Evening News last night, and was kind of amazed at the Bias.

They spent the first ten minutes talking about the News Corp Scandal. No real new news to report their, so they spent 10 minutes rehashing it for those who came in late.

Then they got into the economic news. Well, nothing good for their Hero, "The One" there. No Debt agreement, Cisco Systems is laying off 9% of its workforce, Borders Books is closing all of it's locations. Yup, Just another happy day of Hope and Change there.

2. sparky

sparky VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
  3. sparky

sparky VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
  4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    That can't be right, Faux News are the only biased media in the country. Jeeeeez, everyone knows that!

*Sarcasm*

5. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    Somebody got his talking point for today. I just heard Steve Douchie talking about this on Fox and Freaks. Circling the wagons for their Godfather Murdoch.

"Don't look at the horrible, horrible man that tapped the phones of murder victims...look at something else".

So, what are they talking about over on Faux? What Casey Anthony had for breakfast maybe?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. hellofromwarsaw

hellofromwarsaw BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Turn off the BS, Foxbots

7. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,064
    But here's the thing. MSNBC and NBC talked about Casey for months and months... like this petty white trash murder trial was the most important thing in the country.

Frankly, I kind of don't care about this non-scandal about phone tapping. If we the news consumers here in the US and UK keep buying this crap, you can't fault them for providing it to us (and yes, I put all the media corporations in on this one.) No one really cared when they were tapping the phones of the Royals (useless people) or Celebrities (even more useless, mostly.) But now it's a big deal because hey, they might have tapped phones of more sympathetic people?

I was remarking on what NBC, which seems to be sapping off some of the poison from MSNBC, is putting it's priorities askew.

10 minutes on the Murdoch NON-Story that isn't even happening in this country.
    1 minute on how bad the economy is continuing to tank in the third year of "Hope and Change".

If you are a Borders or Cisco employee, which do you think you really care more about?

8. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,064
    Don't watch Fox or MSNBC, unless I'm totally bored and channel surfing.

But you miss my point.

This Debt Ceiling thing is serious business. That's what they keep telling us. Serious, serious stuff.

So why does NBC only give it less than a minute while the Murdoch Story gets a full ten?

Frankly, I see news outlets criticizing each others ethic's being somewhat akin to prostitutes criticizing each other's virtue. They all do unethical things, and they all focus on things that aren't important, because the important stuff is boring to the person who stuff his face with potato chips waiting for American Idol.

Or is it just that they don't like Rupert's politics?

9. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    The NEWS, in case you missed it is that Murdoch is being forced to step down. That IS news. Now, would you like some cheese to go with your whine?:eusa_eh:

10. R.D.

R.D. Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,375
    Piers Morgan is sure keeping quiet about Murdock

What a guy :lol::lol: