McConnell telegraphs his next move!

So YES, by ALL means and manner --- FAST TRACK!
HURRY BITCH McTURTLE .. HURRY!! \\

Under Senate rules, McConnell would have to act by Wednesday evening to set up a procedural vote on Kavanaugh for Friday, which would then allow for a final vote on the confirmation Saturday.

The Kentucky Republican’s decision is complicated. Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), with the backing of fellow Republican Sens. Susan Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, doesn’t want to start that clock until the FBI files its report on sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh.

And McConnell needs to make sure he has the votes of at least two of those three, assuming all Senate Democrats oppose Kavanaugh’s nomination. That leaves little wiggle room.

McConnell is clearly frustrated by the delays and has promised to have a vote this week.

The temperature around the vote has gone up dramatically in the past 24 hours, with President Trump on Tuesday evening mocking Palo Alto University professor Christine Blasey Ford at a campaign rally. He mimicked her dramatic testimony last week, emphasizing some of the details she could not remember and suggesting she had more than the one beer she recalled having.
Sen. Mitch McConnell weighing his next move on the timing of Kavanaugh vote - Los Angeles Times

Because you know, everyone LOVES a Kangarooo FBI Investigation!

WASHINGTON — More than 40 people with potential information into the sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh have not been contacted by the FBI, according to multiple sources that include friends of both the nominee and his accusers.​

FBI has not contacted dozens of potential sources in Kavanaugh investigation
They are going to confirm this guy unless he confessed to raping and killing several people. Trump picked him despite McConnell wanting one of the other two because Kavenaugh is political, and his behavior shows he's more political than scholarly in his approach. And Trump picked him because he may need Kavanaugh to save his ass.

I admit I am pro gop positions on corporate speech, voting rights, affirm action, citizen challenges to corporations and regulations. But I am not ok with telling women in rural areas they can't access abortions ... if they want to.

So this guy will he a shitty Justice generally for 40 years because he really is a political animal with outcome determinative views rather than principles. But hopefully, Trump will have given the dems the ammunition to flip the House and (praise Jesus) take the Senate. Or at worst a dem potus and 60 senators in 2020 to pass limits on regulations limiting drug availability.

this-is-your-brain-on-trump-any-questions-26859717.png

You stole this from Nancy Reagan. Shame.

And you pretend Trump is Reagan's Second Coming ...
FURTHER Shame
Gawd i hope not. Reagan was horrible

Yes, he is much worse!

Under Senate rules, McConnell would have to act by Wednesday evening to set up a procedural vote on Kavanaugh for Friday, which would then allow for a final vote on the confirmation Saturday.

The Kentucky Republican’s decision is complicated. Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), with the backing of fellow Republican Sens. Susan Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, doesn’t want to start that clock until the FBI files its report on sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh.

And McConnell needs to make sure he has the votes of at least two of those three, assuming all Senate Democrats oppose Kavanaugh’s nomination. That leaves little wiggle room.

McConnell is clearly frustrated by the delays and has promised to have a vote this week.

The temperature around the vote has gone up dramatically in the past 24 hours, with President Trump on Tuesday evening mocking Palo Alto University professor Christine Blasey Ford at a campaign rally. He mimicked her dramatic testimony last week, emphasizing some of the details she could not remember and suggesting she had more than the one beer she recalled having.
Sen. Mitch McConnell weighing his next move on the timing of Kavanaugh vote - Los Angeles Times

WASHINGTON — More than 40 people with potential information into the sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh have not been contacted by the FBI, according to multiple sources that include friends of both the nominee and his accusers.​

Just remember the democrats have set up the FBI as being beyond bias and corruption, basically whatever the FBI determines is unchallengeable...

I guess we should expect democrats will be calling to "abolish the FBI" in the next few days.
Not me....all I wanted was an investigation.....something Kavanaugh seemed afraid of.

They are going to confirm this guy unless he confessed to raping and killing several people. Trump picked him despite McConnell wanting one of the other two because Kavenaugh is political, and his behavior shows he's more political than scholarly in his approach. And Trump picked him because he may need Kavanaugh to save his ass.

I admit I am pro gop positions on corporate speech, voting rights, affirm action, citizen challenges to corporations and regulations. But I am not ok with telling women in rural areas they can't access abortions ... if they want to.

So this guy will he a shitty Justice generally for 40 years because he really is a political animal with outcome determinative views rather than principles. But hopefully, Trump will have given the dems the ammunition to flip the House and (praise Jesus) take the Senate. Or at worst a dem potus and 60 senators in 2020 to pass limits on regulations limiting drug availability.
back on ignore you go billy

Forum List

Back