McConnell Refuses To Detail GOP Agenda

So this is the ideas:

Number one: let families and businesses buy health insurance across state lines.

Number two: allow individuals, small businesses, and trade associations to pool together and acquire health insurance at lower prices, the same way large corporations and labor unions do.

Number three: give states the tools to create their own innovative reforms that lower health care costs.

Number four: end junk lawsuits that contribute to higher health care costs by increasing the number of tests and procedures that physicians sometimes order not because they think it's good medicine, but because they are afraid of being sued.

I was waiting for #1, the race to the bottom in regulations!

#4 is Tort Reform.

#2 needs to be more specific.

#3 is vague. What tools?

See, no real ideas. Nice sentiments but no real ideas.

Also, to call Obama the most Pro-Abortion in history? With what evidence? :eusa_eh:

Care to give me some real ideas that have some meat to them?

you asked for republican ideas, i gave you some. they're called bullet points, sorry it's not 1000 pages long.

i just find it disengenous for democrats to constantly argue that republicans don't put forth any ideas. just because you ignore someone, doesn't mean they aren't talking.
call their ideas stupid, say they'll never work. fine. just don't deny their existence.

maybe republicans don't think our healthcare system is completely broken. maybe they think it's the best in the world, and only needs to be modified, rather than "transformed."

i would love for you to address my point about obama taking care of his own. take the cadillac plans for example. dem's were going to raise the taxes on all cadillac plans. then, some of the head union guys take a trip to the white house, and in a matter of weeks, unions magically get an exemption from those taxes.

The Republicans are going to balance the budget by cutting your taxes and spending even more on the military.

What more do you need to know?

Well if you were right once. Even John McCain big huge military guy--is for cutting the military budget.

As he stated we have so much anti-quated military equipment that needs to be junked--versus continually fixing them--at an enormous cost.

However, Every agency at every single level of government needs to be cut--and with a very sharp knife or this country is doomed. This country simply cannot afford this massive--often times corrupt--wreckless spending--enormous--incompetent federal government.

And I am talking both democrats and republicans.

Last edited:

So this is the ideas:

Number one: let families and businesses buy health insurance across state lines.

Number two: allow individuals, small businesses, and trade associations to pool together and acquire health insurance at lower prices, the same way large corporations and labor unions do.

Number three: give states the tools to create their own innovative reforms that lower health care costs.

Number four: end junk lawsuits that contribute to higher health care costs by increasing the number of tests and procedures that physicians sometimes order not because they think it's good medicine, but because they are afraid of being sued.

I was waiting for #1, the race to the bottom in regulations!

#4 is Tort Reform.

#2 needs to be more specific.

#3 is vague. What tools?

See, no real ideas. Nice sentiments but no real ideas.

Also, to call Obama the most Pro-Abortion in history? With what evidence? :eusa_eh:

Care to give me some real ideas that have some meat to them?

you asked for republican ideas, i gave you some. they're called bullet points, sorry it's not 1000 pages long.

i just find it disengenous for democrats to constantly argue that republicans don't put forth any ideas. just because you ignore someone, doesn't mean they aren't talking.
call their ideas stupid, say they'll never work. fine. just don't deny their existence.

maybe republicans don't think our healthcare system is completely broken. maybe they think it's the best in the world, and only needs to be modified, rather than "transformed."

i would love for you to address my point about obama taking care of his own. take the cadillac plans for example. dem's were going to raise the taxes on all cadillac plans. then, some of the head union guys take a trip to the white house, and in a matter of weeks, unions magically get an exemption from those taxes.

Keep in mind on those cadillac plans--to where they pay taxes on their benefits 5 years after a non-union worker does--that the UNION also includes government workers.

Now if that doesn't get in everyone's craw and the hairs on the back of their necks to raise I don't know what will.

But--certainly after watching what the Federal Government has done with social security--and btw--a better and bigger ponzi scheme than Bernie Maddof ever thought of. They take 12.4% of your gross--for all your working years--and then you get back diddly sqwat--that is -if you're lucky enough to make it to 65 years old--or they're talking about 70 years old now. They've bankrupted it--because they spend your social security money on everything and anything other than your retirement. They did it with Medicare too--that is why it is considered bankrupt. Wars, foreign aid you name it they take it from Social security and Medicare funds.

Now--they have our health-care--:lol: I still can't believe that there are people that still "trust" the federal government with their money?

Last edited:
The Republicans are going to balance the budget by cutting your taxes and spending even more on the military.

What more do you need to know?

Well if you were right once. Even John McCain big huge military guy--is for cutting the military budget.

As he stated we have so much anti-quated military equipment that needs to be junked--versus continually fixing them--at an enormous cost.

However, Every agency at every single level of government needs to be cut--and with a very sharp knife or this country is doomed. This country simply cannot afford this massive--often times corrupt--wreckless spending--enormous--incompetent federal government.

And I am talking both democrats and republicans.

chris christie 2012

This is my point. They're bullet points. Anyone can make up a plan that consists of only bullet points but doesn't actually go into specifics. It's the specifics that matter, not feel good statements like "Lower taxes! More responsibility!"

Our healthcare system is not the best in the world. It certainly has many of the best doctors, but the actual system is not the best in the world.

I would love for you to give me some real answers for a agenda. I gave you answers, you gave me bullet points.

I'm not sure why you're surprised about exemptions being made, it happens all the time. I'm not saying whether it's right, saying it happens.

But--certainly after watching what the Federal Government has done with social security--and btw--a better and bigger ponzi scheme than Bernie Maddof ever thought of. They take 12.4% of your gross--for all your working years--and then you get back diddly sqwat--that is -if you're lucky enough to make it to 65 years old--or they're talking about 70 years old now. They've bankrupted it--because they spend your social security money on everything and anything other than your retirement. They did it with Medicare too--that is why it is considered bankrupt. Wars, foreign aid you name it they take it from Social security and Medicare funds.

Now--they have our health-care--:lol: I still can't believe that there are people that still "trust" the federal government with their money?

Yeah, after Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II raided social security and medicare to pay for all their programs, I wonder why people would still trust the federal government with their money. :cuckoo:

I think it was P.J Rourke who had the saying along the lines of " The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it."

Yeah, after Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II raided social security and medicare to pay for all their programs, I wonder why people would still trust the federal government with their money. :cuckoo:

I think it was P.J Rourke who had the saying along the lines of " The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it."

And of course let's not forget who started this Ponzi scheme--:lol: FDR and don't try to B.S. us--Jimmy Carter--Bill Clinton and every other President since FDR instituted this Ponzi scheme has also used these funds for the rainy day--piggy bank. To add to that it has been the Democrat party that extended benefits to millions that never even paid a dime into these funds--yet get a social security check each and every month.

Last edited:

This is my point. They're bullet points. Anyone can make up a plan that consists of only bullet points but doesn't actually go into specifics. It's the specifics that matter, not feel good statements like "Lower taxes! More responsibility!"

Our healthcare system is not the best in the world. It certainly has many of the best doctors, but the actual system is not the best in the world.

I would love for you to give me some real answers for a agenda. I gave you answers, you gave me bullet points.

I'm not sure why you're surprised about exemptions being made, it happens all the time. I'm not saying whether it's right, saying it happens.

again, i was pointing out that republicans have put forth ideas. to claim that they haven't is simply wrong. and i'm sure "allow individuals, small businesses, and trade associations to pool together and acquire health insurance at lower prices, the same way large corporations and labor unions do" might become a little more complex the way you need it to be if it were actually made a law.

and what real answers have you given me? i asked why tort reform wasn't included, and you came up with "i don't know, they thought it was bad"

and i love the "why are you surprised, it happens all the time" response. THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT ABOUT OBAMA!! CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN!!! it's not going to be business as usual. i'm not going to have lobbyists in my administration. i'm not going to have earmarks. i'm going to put bills online for 5 days. CSPAN

obama was not elected for his experience or his accomplishments. he was elected because people thought he would change a broken system.

i put forth the argument that if you want to see what republicans will do, look to new jersey and virginia.

and about those specifics you're worried about. i love the party that makes the claim, "don't worry about the details. trust us. wait til its passed, then you'll learn how great it is."

Last edited:
And of course let's not forget who started this Ponzi scheme--:lol: FDR and don't try to B.S. us--Jimmy Carter--Bill Clinton and every other President since FDR instituted this Ponzi scheme has also used these funds for the rainy day--piggy bank. To add to that it has been the Democrat party that extended benefits to millions that never even paid a dime into these funds--yet get a social security check each and every month.

Last I checked, Clinton was the most fiscally responsible President of the whole bunch and he was a Democrat. :eusa_whistle:

It's not a Ponzi scheme. It works fine until asshole politicians decide to raid it to pay for their wars or tax cuts for the rich. I notice you don't dare criticize Bush or Reagan for that though, do you? Nope.

again, i was pointing out that republicans have put forth ideas. to claim that they haven't is simply wrong. and i'm sure "allow individuals, small businesses, and trade associations to pool together and acquire health insurance at lower prices, the same way large corporations and labor unions do" might become a little more complex the way you need it to be if it were actually made a law.

and what real answers have you given me? i asked why tort reform wasn't included, and you came up with "i don't know, they thought it was bad"

and i love the "why are you surprised, it happens all the time" response. THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT ABOUT OBAMA!! CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN!!! it's not going to be business as usual. i'm not going to have lobbyists in my administration. i'm not going to have earmarks. i'm going to put bills online for 5 days. CSPAN

obama was not elected for his experience or his accomplishments. he was elected because people thought he would change a broken system.

i put forth the argument that if you want to see what republicans will do, look to new jersey and virginia.

They have ideas, great. Now all they need is a actual agenda with specifics.

I wasn't in the talks for why Tort reform wasn't put in. I gave you a guess, which is the best either of us could do.

Again, you took a politician's slogan and believe it must be gospel otherwise he's a horrible horrible person. Is that my fault? Nope.

He's doing better than the last guy in some ways, but a broken system is not going to be fixed overnight. Especially when you have the people who broke it complaining about every little thing you do.

Last I checked, Clinton was the most fiscally responsible President of the whole bunch and he was a Democrat. :eusa_whistle:

It's not a Ponzi scheme. It works fine until asshole politicians decide to raid it to pay for their wars or tax cuts for the rich. I notice you don't dare criticize Bush or Reagan for that though, do you? Nope.

A fiscal Bill Clinton--can also be spelled Newt Gingrich. Now I have lost all respect for your B.S.

You have not heard me defend any Republicans--as I know they have done it too--but DO NOT try and play partisan politics with me. It has been you that has unsucessfully tried to defend this administation and every other democrat administration by continually attacking republicans--and prior administrations.

Doesn't work with me--because I have a real bone to pick with both democrats and republicans.

Last edited:
A fiscal Bill Clinton--can also be spelled Newt Gingrich. Now I have lost all respect for your B.S.

You have not heard me defend any Republicans--as I know they have done it too--but DO NOT try and play partisan politics with me. It has been you has tried to defend this administation and every other democrat administration by continually attacking republicans.

Doesn't work with me--because I have a real bone to pick with both democrats and republicans.

I'm not trying to defend anyone. I've been attacked for pointing out a lack of a GOP plan. You're blaming me for stuff that happened long before I was even born.

You have not heard me defend any Republicans--as I know they have done it too--but DO NOT try and play partisan politics with me. It has been you has tried to defend this administation and every other democrat administration by continually attacking republicans.

I'm not trying to defend anyone. I've been attacked for pointing out a lack of a GOP plan. You're blaming me for stuff that happened long before I was even born.

Conservatives do have a plat form of smaller government meaning a much less expensive government which means we "the people" actually have control over what government does--which equals to more freedom and OPPORTUNITY for the "citizens" of this country.

That's it--what in the hell is so hard to understand about that. Yes--the Republican party at times has not acted conservatively--BUT it;s not that the big tent of conservatism vanished--it's still there--its' that republican politicians walked out of that tent many years ago.

And that is what the tea party movement in this county is ABOUT. Which by the way membership in the tea party today consists of 41% being democrats and independants. Do you want a link for that?--I will be happy to provide you one.

Last edited:
Conservatives do have a plat form of smaller government meaning a much less expensive government which means we "the people" actually have control over what government does--which equals to more freedom and OPPORTUNITY for the "citizens" of this country.

That's it--what in the hell is so hard to understand about that. Yes--the Republican party at times has not acted conservatively--BUT it;s not that the big tent of conservatism vanished--it's still there--its' that republican politicians walked out of that tent many years ago.

And that is what the tea party movement in this county is ABOUT. Which by the way membership in the tea party today consists of 41% being democrats and independants.
Do you want a link for that?--I will be happy to provide you one.

Myth: Republicans are Conservatives.

Fact: A Conservative Candidate hasn't been around with a realistic shot since Goldwater, elected since Coolidge.

I'm probably one of the most socially libertarian members of this board. I have no idea why you're picking a bone with me about small government.

And yes, I would like a link because you're lying when you say it's 41% democrats and republicans.

I am heading into 60 years old. If you don't understand what happened and when--then it is advisable to find out before you make comments that are incorrect.

I am heading into 60 years old. If you don't understand what happened and when--then it is advisable to find out before you make comments that are incorrect.

Oh I understand. I'm simply pointing out you're blaming me for things that I had no part in.

They have ideas, great. Now all they need is a actual agenda with specifics.

I wasn't in the talks for why Tort reform wasn't put in. I gave you a guess, which is the best either of us could do.

Again, you took a politician's slogan and believe it must be gospel otherwise he's a horrible horrible person. Is that my fault? Nope.

He's doing better than the last guy in some ways, but a broken system is not going to be fixed overnight. Especially when you have the people who broke it complaining about every little thing you do.

again,look at christie and mcdonnell. that's the republican road map. cut spending, don't raise taxes, take on unions. sorry, more bullet points.
do you really think the amount of $ lawyers gave to dems had nothing to do with tort reform not being included in health care?
wasn't bush killed for read my lips, no new taxes? or was that a promise, not a slogan?
again, where do you get that i am telling you that this is your fault? it goes to credibility. one of the first things obama did when he took office was he made the claim he will close gitmo in one year. did he? no. did he lie? not in my opinion. he was naive and didn't understand the importance of gitmo. now he does. however, why didn't he put the healthcare debates on cspan like he promised? why didn't he put the stimulus on line for 5 days so people could read the bill like he promised? did the republicans filibuster those plans? with all the backroom dealing that went on, dont' you think, maybe he had something to hide? why did he rush the stimulus? remember, it has to be passed now or the economy will off a cliff? maybe because he didn't want people to see all the waste in the bill?

and how is he doing better than the last guy?

And that is what the tea party movement in this county is ABOUT. Which by the way membership in the tea party today consists of 41% being democrats and independants.
Do you want a link for that?--I will be happy to provide you one.

Myth: Republicans are Conservatives.

Fact: A Conservative Candidate hasn't been around with a realistic shot since Goldwater, elected since Coolidge.

I'm probably one of the most socially libertarian members of this board. I have no idea why you're picking a bone with me about small government.

And yes, I would like a link because you're lying when you say it's 41% democrats and republicans.

Link

Survey: Four in 10 Tea Party members are Democrats or independents - The Hill's Ballot Box

There is no such thing as a "social" libertarian--LOL. You're a liberal--bonfide true and bluer than blue.

Last edited:
I don't get your logic Cad, it's really screwy and even partisan.

"Obama is going to close Gitmo! How dare he!"

*Obama realizes he shouldn't yet since he received new information.*

"Obama promised to close Gitmo! He betrayed the voters!"

You can't complain about Obama closing Gitmo and then complain when he doesn't close it. It doesn't work like that.

Link

Survey: Four in 10 Tea Party members are Democrats or independents - The Hill's Ballot Box

There is no such thing as a "social" libertarian--LOL. You're a liberal--bonfide true and bluer than blue.

Your poll is not very credible.

according to three national polls by the Winston Group, a Republican-leaning firm that conducted the surveys on behalf of an education advocacy group. Two-thirds of the group call themselves conservative, 26 are

Now to bring out a actual respectable and non-partisan poll:

The Fix - Tea Party = Republican party?

New data out of Gallup suggests that premise isn't right, as nearly seven in 10 tea party supporters describe themselves as "conservative Republicans."

All told, nearly 80 percent of tea party supporters describe themselves as Republicans, while 15 percent say they are Democrats and just six percent are, in their own minds, "pure independents."

Asked whether they would support a generic Republican or a generic Democrat for Congress this fall, 80 percent of tea party supporters chose the GOP candidate, while 15 percent opted for the Democrat. While the loyalty of tea party supporters to Republican candidates is lower than that of self-identified "conservative Republicans" -- 95 percent of whom back the GOP candidate in the generic ballot -- it is still heavily weighted toward candidates of a certain ideological proclivity.

The Gallup findings generally affirm findings by Resurgent Republic, a conglomerate of GOP polling firms, in five states over the past weeks.

Also, you seem to not understand what I say socially libertarian.

Forum List

Back