McCain's memory

&

☭proletarian☭

seems to be faltering

esterday, Sen. Al Franken (D-MN), acting on the orders of the Senate leadership, refused to grant Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) “an additional moment” to continue speaking on the Senate floor after his 10 minutes expired. Franken’s objection caused Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) to groan about how Franken’s move was unprofessional, unprecedented, and disrespectful:
McCAIN: I’ve been around here 20-some years. First time I’ve ever seen a member denied an extra minute or two to finish his remarks. … I just haven’t seen it before myself. And I don’t like it. And I think it harms the comity of the Senate not to allow one of our members at least a minute. I’m sure that time is urgent here, but I doubt that it would be that urgent.
Unfortunately, McCain’s memory is suffering. In fact, McCain has engaged in the very same behavior that he was criticizing Franken for yesterday.
Think Progress » Flashback: McCain Refused To Grant 30 Seconds Of Time During Iraq War Debate

They called him on this on Redeye last night.

John McCain fought in Vietnam. There was nothing noble, much less heroic, about fighting in that war

Excerpts

McCain supported the man who made the economic fall of this country possible.

He knows perfectly well hes lying

The crybaby Republicans are wearing out the word 'unprecedented'. As much as I am not pleased with the healthcare bill, my pain was amply assuaged this morning just hearing the Republicans in their news conference crying about it.

John McCain fought in Vietnam. There was nothing noble, much less heroic, about fighting in that war

Tell that to John Kerry...

john_kerry_in_drag.jpg

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;1823799 said:
seems to be faltering

esterday, Sen. Al Franken (D-MN), acting on the orders of the Senate leadership, refused to grant Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) “an additional moment” to continue speaking on the Senate floor after his 10 minutes expired. Franken’s objection caused Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) to groan about how Franken’s move was unprofessional, unprecedented, and disrespectful:
McCAIN: I’ve been around here 20-some years. First time I’ve ever seen a member denied an extra minute or two to finish his remarks. … I just haven’t seen it before myself. And I don’t like it. And I think it harms the comity of the Senate not to allow one of our members at least a minute. I’m sure that time is urgent here, but I doubt that it would be that urgent.
Unfortunately, McCain’s memory is suffering. In fact, McCain has engaged in the very same behavior that he was criticizing Franken for yesterday.
Think Progress » Flashback: McCain Refused To Grant 30 Seconds Of Time During Iraq War Debate

They called him on this on Redeye last night.

No, he's just lying. The old freak.

if mccain did the very same thing under the very same circumstances....then mccain is an idiot

never liked him, but he was a better option than mr. fear monger obama

if mccain did the very same thing under the very same circumstances....then mccain is an idiot

Whatever, Yurt. That old gasbag was the best Republicans had and I don't see anyone any better coming up in the ranks.

Whatever, Yurt. That old gasbag was the best Republicans had and I don't see anyone any better coming up in the ranks.

he wasn't the best....nonsense....he was the person who got the votes, has nothing to do with being the best....

if romney weren't a mormon, he would have won....mccain used back door connections etc....mccain was and is a loser

you of all people should know, who the party picks isn't always about the popular vote or whether that person is the best....it is about electable....obama got the nod not because of the dem primary popular vote, but because insiders, your party insiders, believed he had the best chance of beating mccain....not because he was experience or qualified, but because your party thought he could beat mccain....

wake up

McCain (or any Republican for that matter) never had a chance to win the White House in 2008.

Forum List

Back