McCain Running A Disgusting Campaign

I think its more important for a President to know what is Constitutional or not, the difference between right and wrong, and one who doesn't waver in the face of evil. Jiminy Carter was a nuclear engineer, one of the brightest bulbs, intellectually, to be President. Yet he failed miserably on all three of these issues.

how do we know whether obama and mccain will meet those standards?

i guess bush got one of those right. thats not bad.

My boss who is a Republican met Obama and talked to him without a prepared speech. He said he was impressive and knew how to speak. He didn't get as far as he has by having all his speeches written.

Your Mumbles McCain is the one who can't speak worth a damn.

Now that we have another good Dem speaker, he is just a suit.

Up your hypocrisy.:eusa_liar:

how about you show examples of mccain or obama not following the constitution, not knowing right or wrong, or giving in to evil?
Social programs, socialized medicine: not following the Constitution.
Long term associations with Bill Ayers and Reverend Wright: not knowing right from wrong.
Wanting to abandon Iraq; adopting a policy of meeting with leaders of rouge nations unconditionally: giving in to evil.

Obama. Obama. Obama.

Lying McCain
It's become pathological. John McCain just claimed on TV that Sarah Palin has never requested an earmark for her state -- when actually her state gets more earmarks than any other state in the country. And this year she asked for $197 million worth of them herself.

Even the AP couldn't ignore his lying -- even though they phrased it in their own anemic way. "When pressed about Palin's record of requesting and accepting such money for Alaska, McCain ignored the record and said: "Not as governor she didn't."

For the record Palin requested $197 million this year and $256 million last year. Per capita, that's $288 this year and $376 last year.

To give you some perspective, Palin herself requested at least ten times the dollar value of earmarks as most states get total every year.

Talking Points Memo

Really sickening. Palin is running around telling lies about bridges she never opposed, ear marks she never opposed, ethics she doesn't have and acting like the lowest form of punk in insulting people that d work in thier own communities. Just garbage. If America elects this trash into the White House we do not desrve decent government and won't get it.

thanks for stopping by.
every once in a while i forget to send my check to Special Olympics.
i'll pop it in the mail today.

please give me an example skull? because he uses proper language? because he addresses the American people like they have some modicum of intelligence?

the veiled reference to Obama being an elitist doesn't make it true.

Little O gave a speech recently. I'm not surprised you missed it because it was drowned out by the sound of liberal heads exploding the following day.

Here's an excerpt, I trust you'll approve of the source:

For over two decades, he's subscribed to that old, discredited Republican philosophy - give more and more to those with the most and hope that prosperity trickles down to everyone else. In Washington, they call this the Ownership Society, but what it really means is - you're on your own. Out of work? Tough luck. No health care? The market will fix it. Born into poverty? Pull yourself up by your own bootstraps - even if you don't have boots. You're on your own.

Well it's time for them to own their failure. It's time for us to change America.

You see, we Democrats have a very different measure of what constitutes progress in this country.

We measure progress by how many people can find a job that pays the mortgage; whether you can put a little extra money away at the end of each month so you can someday watch your child receive her college diploma. We measure progress in the 23 million new jobs that were created when Bill Clinton was President - when the average American family saw its income go up $7,500 instead of down $2,000 like it has under George Bush.

We measure the strength of our economy not by the number of billionaires we have or the profits of the Fortune 500, but by whether someone with a good idea can take a risk and start a new business, or whether the waitress who lives on tips can take a day off to look after a sick kid without losing her job - an economy that honors the dignity of work.

The fundamentals we use to measure economic strength are whether we are living up to that fundamental promise that has made this country great - a promise that is the only reason I am standing here tonight.

Because in the faces of those young veterans who come back from Iraq and Afghanistan, I see my grandfather, who signed up after Pearl Harbor, marched in Patton's Army, and was rewarded by a grateful nation with the chance to go to college on the GI Bill.

In the face of that young student who sleeps just three hours before working the night shift, I think about my mom, who raised my sister and me on her own while she worked and earned her degree; who once turned to food stamps but was still able to send us to the best schools in the country with the help of student loans and scholarships.

When I listen to another worker tell me that his factory has shut down, I remember all those men and women on the South Side of Chicago who I stood by and fought for two decades ago after the local steel plant closed.

And when I hear a woman talk about the difficulties of starting her own business, I think about my grandmother, who worked her way up from the secretarial pool to middle-management, despite years of being passed over for promotions because she was a woman. She's the one who taught me about hard work. She's the one who put off buying a new car or a new dress for herself so that I could have a better life. She poured everything she had into me. And although she can no longer travel, I know that she's watching tonight, and that tonight is her night as well.
Barack Obama Democratic Convention Speech (VIDEO) (TEXT)

Good lord, what is wrong with you people that you don't understand the difference between being a member of an elite group (a.k.a., fighter jet pilot, or the wealthy, or whatever) and being AN ELITIST?

Being an ELITIST has nothing to do with what you have. It has to do with HOW YOU VIEW YOURSELF. A rich person's baby is not born an "elitist" you fucking moronic amoebas. A rich person's baby is born into an elite group.

ELITISM refers to THE WAY ONE SEES HIMSELF. You are an ELITIST if you THINK you are better than somebody else BECAUSE you're, say, rich. Or a liberal. Or educated. You're an ELITIST if you think that, because you're you, your standards are better, your understanding more comprehensive, and you have the right to MORE PRIVILEGE than those YOU VIEW as less important/intelligent/worthy/whatever.

Have you any idea how stupid you look when you repeatedly pipe up with the "Bush is an elitist because he's rich" or "Bush is an elitist because he's a Yale graduate" crap? Elitism is thinking you're better. Not just having better opportunity.

From now on all those who have used the term "elitism" incorrectly should be banned from posting. I'm serious. It's like, "We're stupid, we know it, and we're proud of it...we'll keep on arguing this false premise because we're too dumb to look up the FUCKING WORD ELITIST."

Forum List

Back