McCain: Closing Guantanamo Bay is the easy part

Whats the matter guys ?

Never even thought about the fact that these people be watched till the day they die no matter what?

Whats the matter guys ?

Never even thought about the fact that these people be watched till the day they die no matter what?

The world inside your mind needs to catch up with reality----I've thought about that 4----no 5 times already. Can't you read it ?

Now this tells you a little bit more about why other countries are balking at taking these peopel back huh?

They are not affraid of the guys themselves, they are fearful of the CIA spotlight that will shine on their asses when they are followed every move of the rest of their lives.

Now this tells you a little bit more about why other countries are balking at taking these peopel back huh?

They are not affraid of the guys themselves, they are fearful of the CIA spotlight that will shine on their asses when they are followed every move of the rest of their lives.

yup that must it ! :smoke:

The Gitmo detainees will be staying at John Murtha's house. Murtha relates more to terrorists than American soldiers since he believes U.S. Marines intentionally kill innocent civilians.

*ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding*

a wingnut response if there ever was one. Murtha is a decorated war veteran.​

In 1959, Murtha, then a captain, took command of the 34th Special Infantry Company, Marine Corps Reserves, in Johnstown. He remained in the Reserves after his discharge from active duty until he volunteered for service in the Vietnam War, serving from 1966 to 1967, serving as a battalion staff officer (S-2 Intelligence Section), receiving the Bronze Star with Valor device, two Purple Hearts and the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry. He retired from the Reserves as a Colonel in 1990, receiving the Navy Distinguished Service Medal.

John Murtha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Gitmo detainees will be staying at John Murtha's house. Murtha relates more to terrorists than American soldiers since he believes U.S. Marines intentionally kill innocent civilians.

Murtha believed individual Marines killed innocent civilians, yes. Do you think this is an improbability? Were individual Marines investigated and charged for such acts? Were any Marines in history ever convicted of such a disgrace?

get a grip. you don't have to like Murtha's actions concerning the Iraq quagmire, but to even hint he has anything in the way of sympathies with our enemies is despicible.

There ya go and Ayers can come over and give them English lessons!

No Sir, Ayres has extensive bomb making expertise.

Then obambam's preacher, reverend wright can come over and give them all his G-D the KKK of America, it's all whitey's fault sermon.

Murtha believed individual Marines killed innocent civilians, yes. Do you think this is an improbability? Were individual Marines investigated and charged for such acts? Were any Marines in history ever convicted of such a disgrace?

get a grip. you don't have to like Murtha's actions concerning the Iraq quagmire, but to even hint he has anything in the way of sympathies with our enemies is despicible.

They dont care about honor and service, they only care about the Republican party no matter what it does.

Wow, the fatasies of cons are really stupid.

Your denial of the truth is even worse.

But just to point out something here, as I've said TIME AND TIME AGAIN, 99.9% of the time, it's a LIBERAL that starts with the INSULTS here on this board, JUST AS ONE DID HERE.

Last edited:
This whole Gitmo question is a tough nut to crack.

The Declaration of Independence says:

• We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Meaning that Individuals (all men), not just citizens of the United States, are endowed with unassailable rights.

The Bill of Rights does not grant citizens any rights. It protects citizens from infringement of those unalienable rights by the government.

A government or a Constitution cannot grant individual rights for the simple reason that anything granted by government can be just as quickly withdrawn by government.

Don't believe me? Look at amendment 9 to the Bill of Rights:

• Ninth Amendment – Protection of rights not specifically enumerated in the Bill of Rights.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Also note the specific use of the word enumeration in lieu of any form of endowment.

So while I understand the logic and the intent of those who want the suspects at Gitmo to remain there indefinately, the unalienable rights of all individuals must be protected.

To those who are pleased that Gitmo is closing, that has nothing to do with the issue. The issue is how to protect the rights of these men weighed against the need to protect the lives and liberty of citizens of the United States.

Last edited:

No, let's send them to Bush's, Cheney's and Gonzales's homes since they are the people who created this mess.

"Let's lock up anyone we want, torture them, don't charge them, fuck-up the process so that if a Democrat wins, he will get this pile of shit we created - Heh,Heh" said the Dark Lord through the mouth of the puppet.:eusa_drool:

They created a situation where we may not be able to legally try some of these people because of the torture and other illegalities.

I guess to the conservatives like John Croynin, we should just execut them now whether they are terrorists or not.

May the people who believe like this be in their situation some day.:eusa_pray:

I can disagree with a brother in arms, I can get nasty with a brother in arms, but, my respect and honor to them never fails. Murtha no longer receives that from me,

You've disagreed and this is nasty in that it feeds into the wingnutocracy's view: "Everyone who disagrees with me is a traitor and unAmerican"

Do you think Murtha is unAmerican or a traitor?

But just to point out something here, as I've said TIME AND TIME AGAIN, 99.9%

Whenever I hear someone use numbers like this without the data to back it up, I usually find they are just statistically pissing into the wind.

Publius called me names first. Willow called me names first. The guy who called me "dumb ass" called me names first. Retired called me names first.

Hmmmm? 99.99%?:lol:

I still don't understand why Obama wants to close this place. Aren't the detainees being held there because they are suspected of being terrorists? Doesn't that make them POWs? Why would he want them to be placed in prisons inside U.S. borders? Why not just keep them there until terrorism is defeated or they are proven to be not guilty?

That's simple. He did it to satisfy the Anti American KOS KIDS.

D'oh! He was...as President-elect. His staff and he were privy to national security issues.

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!!

He's never even been there and he made the campaign promise prior to knowing what he knows now, and he still does not know all of the relevant facts yet. I just think it was mostly a symbolic gesture, like President Clinton's "Don't ask, don't tell" on day one of his presidency.

But Obama put off many of the most difficult decisions about what the United States will do with detainees and left room to revisit whether the CIA still should have permission to use coercive methods when questioning captives.

Nonetheless, human-rights advocates hailed the steps he took yesterday. And the president was applauded during a State Department visit when he told diplomats: "I can say without exception or equivocation that the United States will not torture."

On Capitol Hill, Dennis Blair, the retired admiral nominated to be the director of national intelligence, said the government would look at revising the rules in the U.S. Army Field Manual, a move that could allow the CIA to add interrogation techniques.

And the Obama administration will give itself a year to close the prison at Guan- tánamo; the timeline will allow the government to determine which detainees should be tried, which should be transferred and what to do with any new accused terrorists.

"The message that we are sending the world is that the United States intends to prosecute the ongoing struggle against violence and terrorism and we are going to do so vigilantly and we are going to do so effectively and we are going to do so in a manner that is consistent with our values and our ideals," Obama said.

Obama's orders to close Gitmo, overhaul interrogation -- Newsday.com

You've disagreed and this is nasty in that it feeds into the wingnutocracy's view: "Everyone who disagrees with me is a traitor and unAmerican"

Do you think Murtha is unAmerican or a traitor?

yes! and I will until he publicly apologizes to those he wrongly accused.

Forum List

Back