McCain a member of PNAC

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
PNAC is the NEOCON Group that said they would need another Pearl Harbor to push their radical agendas.

More than any other group, PNAC has exerted the greatest influence over the Bush administration with regard to foreign policy. In 1998, PNAC sent a letter to President Clinton (signed by the likes of Cheney, Rumsefeld, Wolfowitz, and others) urging him to effect regime change in Iraq because of Saddam Hussein’s so-called development of WMDs.

A mere nine days after 9/11, PNAC sent a letter (signed again by many of the same luminaries) asking that President Bush attack Iraq even if no links to 9/11 were found. The Bush administration promptly proceeded to do just that: according to the testimony of ex-CIA and FBI, every intelligence agent in Iraq was tasked to discover links between Hussein and al-Qaeda. When they came up with nothing, they were ordered to look again. Despite the lack of credible links, the Bush administration proceeded to act as PNAC had requested.

GOOGLE McCAIN PNAC Then tell me that McCain is different from GW Bush Liberalscum Buster

No. He wasn't a member of the PNAC. There's a difference between sharing a pov on certain issues and being a member of a group. I don't think McCain does believe all of the things the PNAC did.

No. He wasn't a member of the PNAC. There's a difference between sharing a pov on certain issues and being a member of a group. I don't think McCain does believe all of the things the PNAC did.

I read the other day he was a member. Now that you say he is not, I can't find him listed as a member. Oops.

Elliott Abrams National Security Council Representative for Middle Eastern Affairs President of the Ethics and Public Policy Center
Richard Armitage Department of State (2001-2005) Deputy Secretary of State Leaked Valerie Plame's identity to Robert Novak in the Plamegate scandal
John R. Bolton Department of State U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Previously served as Undersecretary for Arms Control and International Security Affairs in the first administration of GWB.
Richard Cheney Bush Administration Vice President Former CEO of Halliburton, which recieved no-bid contracts in Iraq rebuilding
Seth Cropsey Voice of America Director of the International Broadcasting Bureau Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Special Operations and Low Intensity Conflict, 1991. Voice of America Director of Policy, 1982-4
Paula Dobriansky Department of State Undersecretary of State for Global Affairs. National Security Council Director of European and Soviet Affairs, 1980-1987
Francis Fukuyama President's Council on Bioethics Council Member Professor of International Political Economy at Johns Hopkins University. CFR member and Foreign Affairs Book Review editor 1
Bruce Jackson U.S. Committee on NATO President Former Lockheed Martin VP for Strategy & Planning
Zalmay Khalilzad U.S. Embassy Baghdad, Iraq U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Previously served as U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan from November 2003 to June 2005
I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby Bush Administration (2001-2005) Chief of Staff for the Vice President Indicted by Federal Grand Jury on charges of Obstruction of Justice, False Statements, and Perjury and resigned October 28, 2005
Peter W. Rodman Department of Defense Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security since July 16, 2001. National Review Senior Editor. 2
Donald Rumsfeld Department of Defense (2001-2006) Secretary of Defense Former Chairman of the Board of Gilead Sciences, the firm that developed Tamiflu, Resigned from office December 15, 2006
Randy Scheunemann U.S. Committee on NATO International Republican Institute member Founded the Committee for the Liberation of Iraq
Paul Wolfowitz World Bank President Deputy Secretary of Defense, 2001-2005
Dov S. Zakheim Department of Defense Comptroller Former V.P. of System Planning Corporation
Robert B. Zoellick Department of State Deputy Secretary of State Office of the United States Trade Representative (2001-2005)

Other PNAC Members
member comments
Gary Bauer Former presidential candidate. American Values president.
Abram Shulsky Former Director of Office of Special Plans. Mentored by Leo Strauss.
William J. Bennett Former Secretary of Education and Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy. Empower America co-founder. Book of Virtues author.
Ellen Bork Deputy director of PNAC, and daughter of failed Reagan Supreme Court nominee Robert Bork
Rudy Boschwitz Former US Senator from Minnesota.
Jeb Bush Governor of Florida.
Eliot A. Cohen Professor of strategic studies at Johns Hopkins University.
Thomas Donnelly Lockheed Martin director of communications.
Steve Forbes Multi-millionaire publisher of Forbes Magazine. Former presidential candidate.
Aaron Friedberg Director of the Center of International Studies.
Frank Gaffney Columnist, founder of Center for Security Policy.
Reuel Marc Gerecht Middle East Initiative director.
Fred Ikle Center for Strategic and International Studies
Donald Kagan Yale University professor. Conservative columnist with State Department ties.
Jeane Kirkpatrick Former U.S. ambassador.
Charles Krauthammer Conservative columnist.
William Kristol PNAC founder and chairman, editor of The Weekly Standard. Political contributor for the FOX News Channel and regular contributor to Special Report with Brit Hume. chief of staff to Vice President Dan Quayle during the Bush administration and to Secretary of Education William Bennett under President Reagan.
Christopher Maletz PNAC Assistant Director.
Daniel McKivergan PNAC Assistant Director. The Weekley Standard Research Director, 1995-7.
Richard Perle A PNAC founder, formerly of the Defense Policy Board. American Enterprise Institute fellow.
Norman Podhoretz Hudson Institute senior fellow. Council on Foreign Relations member. Father of New York Post columnist John Podhoretz. 3
Dan Quayle Former vice-president
Stephen Rosen Beton Michael Kaneb Professor of National Security and Military Affairs, Harvard University.
Henry Rowen Former Rand Corporation president.
Gary Schmitt Executive Director of PNAC. Appointed by President Reagan to post of executive director of the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board. Defended Presiden Bush's withdraw from the ABM Treaty. Johns Hopkins University, Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies Adjunct Professor. 4
George Weigel Political commentator. Institute on Religion and Democracy board member.
R. James Woolsey Former director of the CIA for President Clinton, vice-president at Booz Allen Hamilton.
Vin Weber Minnesota congressman. Board member of National Public Radio. "Sperlobbyist" for the National Endowment for Democracy.

Moral of the story, sealy? Don't believe everything you read.

Moral of the story, sealy? Don't believe everything you read.

McCain’s Ties to PNAC
John McCain’s connection to PNAC can be traced back to before its formation in 1997. In fact, he was president of the New Citizenship Project, founded by Kristol in 1994. This organization was parent to PNAC, and served as its chief fundraising organ.
McCain also worked cooperatively with PNAC and Wolfowitz in attempting to overthrow the Saddam Hussein regime in Iraq. In 1998, he co-sponsored the Iraq Liberation Act—drafted by PNAC—which decreed “regime change” in Iraq to be U.S. policy, and which appropriated $97 million in U.S. military aid to the Iraqi National Congress (INC). The INC was a group of anti-Hussein Iraqi militants whose purpose was to instigate a national uprising against Hussein. It was led by Ahmed Chalabi, the Iraqi informant whose subsequent faulty intelligence—claims that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and ties to al-Qaida—was used to sell the Iraq war to the American public. In 2004, in response to accusations that he deliberately misled U.S. intelligence agencies, Chalabi glibly stated, “We are heroes in error.”
McCain also was co-chair (with Sen. Joseph Lieberman) of The Committee for the Liberation of Iraq (CLI). Established by PNAC in late 2002, this committee continued to finance Chalabi’s INC with millions of taxpayer dollars, until shortly after the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003, when it was discontinued. In 2004, McCain became a signatory of PNAC, ironically signing on to a PNAC letter condemning Russian President Vladimir Putin’s foreign policy for its return to the “rhetoric of militarism and empire.”
McCain has accordingly been a foot soldier for PNAC from its inception, and, although this organization is no longer in existence, its ideology and its signatories (many of whom now serve as advisers to the McCain presidential campaign) are still very much active.
Truthdig - Reports - John McCain’s Chilling Project for America

What about Bill Ayers. How do you feel about that story? Don't believe everything you read/hear either.

You said you read something that said he was a member. But he wasn't. So don't believe everything you read.

I realize he cronies up with former members, and I'm not exactly in a state of ecstacy over it.

As far as Bill Ayers, I haven't given that story even 3 seconds of my time. I don't give a fuck. I'm not voting for Obama anyway.

You said you read something that said he was a member. But he wasn't. So don't believe everything you read.

I realize he cronies up with former members, and I'm not exactly in a state of ecstacy over it.

As far as Bill Ayers, I haven't given that story even 3 seconds of my time. I don't give a fuck. I'm not voting for Obama anyway.

At least you are honest. :clap2:

Forum List

Back