"Maybe we'll get another chance" to take Iraqi oil

D

Dim Bulb

In one of his first statements as President, Mr. Trump suggested another war with Iraq. He said it at the CIA and nobody is covering it at all! What is our ally Iraq thinking this morning?

In one of his first statements as President, Mr. Trump suggested another war with Iraq. He said it at the CIA and nobody is covering it at all! What is our ally Iraq thinking this morning?
Probably that they'd love to get rid of ISIS and would part with some oil to pay for it.

Not sure I agree, Ice. While Iraq might be willing to give up some oil to pay for the extraction of ISIS, when you think through the capabilities necessary for such an extraction, you realize it will take boots on the ground pretty quickly. And I'm not sure I agree with you that the Iraqis will want more US soldiers on the ground.

Well after all that hard work we put into Iraq, we should have at least gotten some oil in return, but we didnt. I think we are due some oil at this point.

Not sure I agree, Ice. While Iraq might be willing to give up some oil to pay for the extraction of ISIS, when you think through the capabilities necessary for such an extraction, you realize it will take boots on the ground pretty quickly. And I'm not sure I agree with you that the Iraqis will want more US soldiers on the ground.
Obama already put boots back on the ground to compensate for his mistake of taking them out in the first place.

Forum List

Back