May I remind everyone the reason why republicans won the House in 2012? Gerrymandering of course!

I'm curious, Dad...what will your excuse be if Democrats lose badly two weeks from now?

Oh, I'm not saying the opposing party to off year election doesn't win. Or that gerrymandering will have much effect, though it did in 2012, THAT was the posit. Wake up.

But I'm sure as right wingers look to Prez Romney, the GOP is ALWAYS correct...

I hate to point out the obvious here, Dad but in order to DO Gerrymandering you first need to control the State legislatures. The GOP was able to redistrict because the GOP controlled more State legislatures than the Democrats did.

I hate to point out the obvious here, Dad but in order to DO Gerrymandering you first need to control the State legislatures. The GOP was able to redistrict because the GOP controlled more State legislatures than the Democrats did.

ONCE MORE:

In the memo -- titled "How a Strategy of Targeting State Legislative Races in 2010 Led to a Republican U.S. House Majority in 2013" -- RSLC boasts that it "raised more than $30 million in 2009-2010, and invested $18 million after Labor Day 2010 alone" to ensure statehouse victories in states like Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin.

"The rationale was straightforward," reads the memo. "Controlling the redistricting process in these states would have the greatest impact on determining how both state legislative and congressional district boundaries would be drawn. Drawing new district lines in states with the most redistricting activity presented the opportunity to solidify conservative policymaking at the state level and maintain a Republican stronghold in the U.S. House of Representatives for the next decade."

GOP Memo Gerrymandering Won Us The House Majority

You seem to think that the GOP "admitting" to a strategy of trying to take control of as many State Houses as possible somehow equates to some sort of conspiracy to steal a later election, Dad!

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the Democrats equally committed to winning as many of those State Houses as the GOP was? A politician named Barack Obama recently made the statement that "elections have consequences". He and you seem to think that should only be the case when said elections are won by liberals. I'm sorry...but that isn't the way things work...

Yup and the Dems jerrymander just like the Reps. Funny the Op doesn't include that in his bullshit rant about the Reps.

Color me shocked.

Yup and the Dems jerrymander just like the Reps. Funny the Op doesn't include that in his bullshit rant about the Reps.

Color me shocked.

You seem to think that the GOP "admitting" to a strategy of trying to take control of as many State Houses as possible somehow equates to some sort of conspiracy to steal a later election, Dad!

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the Democrats equally committed to winning as many of those State Houses as the GOP was? A politician named Barack Obama recently made the statement that "elections have consequences". He and you seem to think that should only be the case when said elections are won by liberals. I'm sorry...but that isn't the way things work...

Yup and the Op says nothing about all ther jerrymandering his beloved Dems do.

Apparantly only the Reps are guilty of that.

Color me shocked.

"In 2012 U.S. House of Representative election, 1.4 million more voters voted for Democrats than for Republicans - but the Republicans control the house 234 to 210. In North Carolina, the overall vote for the House was 51% Democratic to 49% Republicans, but Republicans won 9 to 4."

What is gerrymandering - Quora
Yeah cause it's the republicans fault that people are fleeing democrat strong holds. The census and the democrats propensity to burn everything to the ground are what screwed the democrats.

Weird, you seem confused? Can I help. The premise was the GOP won the House by gerrymandering the states, they did this although the Dems received more votes. Nothing more to the premise than that!

"In 2012 U.S. House of Representative election, 1.4 million more voters voted for Democrats than for Republicans - but the Republicans control the house 234 to 210. In North Carolina, the overall vote for the House was 51% Democratic to 49% Republicans, but Republicans won 9 to 4."

What is gerrymandering - Quora
Yeah cause it's the republicans fault that people are fleeing democrat strong holds. The census and the democrats propensity to burn everything to the ground are what screwed the democrats.

Yeah, Cali, NY, Connecticut, Oregon, etc are real shitholes

Blue States are from Scandinavia, Red States are from Guatemala A theory of a divided nation

In the red states, government is cheaper, which means the people who live there pay lower taxes. But they also get a lot less in return. The unemployment checks run out more quickly and the schools generally aren’t as good. Assistance with health care, child care, and housing is skimpier, if it exists at all. The result of this divergence is that one half of the country looks more and more like Scandinavia, while the other increasingly resembles a social Darwinist’s paradise.

Blue States are from Scandinavia Red States are from Guatemala New Republic

There are more blacks in Congress representing black districts than ever in history.

Republicans Brag They Won House Majority Because Of Gerrymandering

In a classic Kinsley gaffe, the Republican State Leadership Committee released a report boasting that the only reason the GOP controls the House of Representatives is because they gerrymandered congressional districts in blue states.

The RSLC’s admission came in a shockingly candid report entitled, “How a Strategy of Targeting State Legislative Races in 2010 Led to a Republican U.S. House Majority in 2013″. It details how the group spent $30 million in the 2010 election cycle to sweep up low-cost state legislature races in blue states like Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

Republicans Brag They Won House Majority Because Of Gerrymandering ThinkProgress
Cry me a river. It's called politics. Democrats would do the same if they had won all the states like the GOP did prior to the census. And if they could get away with it, they'd have their gop opponent assassinated two days before the election just so they would win every race.

Libs/Dems/Commies always has some excuse for losing. No matter how lame ass they can be.

Remember Albert the Bore Gore lost because of HANGING CHADS?

they have lost all pride and honor when it come to bowing down for their party

party over country is their motto

A major probe by the Dubya Justice Department between 2002 and 2007 failed to prosecute a single person for going to the polls and impersonating an eligible voter, which the anti-fraud laws are supposedly designed to stop.

To hear Republicans tell it, they are waging a virtuous campaign to crack down on rampant voter fraud – a curious position for a party that managed to seize control of the White House in 2000 despite having lost the popular vote. After taking power, the Bush administration declared war on voter fraud, making it a "top priority" for federal prosecutors.
This proves without a shadow of a doubt that we need voter ID laws to protect the legitimate voters. How do you prove somebody isn't who they're supposed to be if they don't show identification? When the Republican Party takes control of government, we are going to require voter ID laws in all 57 states.

Blue States are from Scandinavia, Red States are from Guatemala A theory of a divided nation

I'm not following you. What exactly is your plan to ethnically cleanse the Red States so that they become as uniformly white as Scandinavia? What are you going to do with all of those black and Hispanic citizens as you seek to fix America?

There are more blacks in Congress representing black districts than ever in history.

That is because democratic gerrymandering is good. GOP gerrymandering is the only kind that is bad.

BTW, the OP is 100% wrong. It has nothing to do with gerrymandering. It has to do with democratic overperformance in urban areas. It doesn't matter if you win by 100 votes or 100,000 votes and the extra tens of thousand of democratic votes in San Fransisco doesn't mean squat to a House race in Alabama even if it were a billion votes. What this does reveal however is the democratic party's desperation to nationalize all races because they cannot stand that the people in NYC don't get to control who represents southerners in Congress.

GOP REDMAP Memo Admits Gerrymandering To Thank For Congressional Election Success

The report -- drafted as a summary of the importance of the RSLC's Redistricting Majority Project (REDMAP) -- serves as a breakdown of the broader GOP plan to take control of state legislatures, giving Republicans free rein to mount an aggressive gerrymandering campaign that allowed the party to keep a House majority, despite getting fewer votes in those races overall.

"The rationale was straightforward," reads the memo. "Controlling the redistricting process in these states would have the greatest impact on determining how both state legislative and congressional district boundaries would be drawn. Drawing new district lines in states with the most redistricting activity presented the opportunity to solidify conservative policymaking at the state level and maintain a Republican stronghold in the U.S. House of Representatives for the next decade."

GOP REDMAP Memo Admits Gerrymandering To Thank For Congressional Election Success

How about answering a question yourself, instead of being an inane quote-bot.

Fucking hack.
You're just mad he's right.

Right about what?

Republicans Brag They Won House Majority Because Of Gerrymandering

In a classic Kinsley gaffe, the Republican State Leadership Committee released a report boasting that the only reason the GOP controls the House of Representatives is because they gerrymandered congressional districts in blue states.

The RSLC’s admission came in a shockingly candid report entitled, “How a Strategy of Targeting State Legislative Races in 2010 Led to a Republican U.S. House Majority in 2013″. It details how the group spent $30 million in the 2010 election cycle to sweep up low-cost state legislature races in blue states like Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

Republicans Brag They Won House Majority Because Of Gerrymandering ThinkProgress
Cry me a river. It's called politics. Democrats would do the same if they had won all the states like the GOP did prior to the census. And if they could get away with it, they'd have their gop opponent assassinated two days before the election just so they would win every race.

Weird you don't realize the topic was just pointing out the GOP won ONLY by gerrymandering?

Libs/Dems/Commies always has some excuse for losing. No matter how lame ass they can be.

Remember Albert the Bore Gore lost because of HANGING CHADS?

they have lost all pride and honor when it come to bowing down for their party

party over country is their motto

A major probe by the Dubya Justice Department between 2002 and 2007 failed to prosecute a single person for going to the polls and impersonating an eligible voter, which the anti-fraud laws are supposedly designed to stop.

To hear Republicans tell it, they are waging a virtuous campaign to crack down on rampant voter fraud – a curious position for a party that managed to seize control of the White House in 2000 despite having lost the popular vote. After taking power, the Bush administration declared war on voter fraud, making it a "top priority" for federal prosecutors.
This proves without a shadow of a doubt that we need voter ID laws to protect the legitimate voters. How do you prove somebody isn't who they're supposed to be if they don't show identification? When the Republican Party takes control of government, we are going to require voter ID laws in all 57 states.

ONCE MORE

"A major probe by the Dubya Justice Department between 2002 and 2007 failed to prosecute a single person for going to the polls and impersonating an eligible voter, which the anti-fraud laws are supposedly designed to stop. "

300+ MILLION VOTES. UNPRECEDENTED 5 YEAR BUSH DOJ INVESTIGATION? lol

Forum List

Back