Mathew McConaughey Car Commercials

Iron Head

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2015
Is it just me or do other people get creeped out by those McConaughey commercials for Lincoln? Aside from the fact that that wormy little douche bag would never be caught dead driving a Lincoln, the whole vibe of the commercials coupled with that now trademark greasy McConaughey sleaze just screams "goat fucking pervert". Is is meant to be this way? Is the commercial intended as a caricature of McConaughey. Or, does this disgust twat really believe that this paints him as the suave "dude" that he believes himself to be? And what about the makers of the commercial and the networks that run it? Do THEY believe that these commercials' appeal is that everybody is in on the joke, or do they believe that McConaughey is the embodiment of cool?

Another celebrity pushing a consumer product. A long history of that and generally a lot of viewers respond positively with their wallets. Seems silly to lots of us, but then we're not the targeted low information dopes either.

Agreed, the MM Lincoln commercials are creepy and obnoxious at the same time. Not sure what they are going for. They have gotten attention and yes the parodies are funny as shit.

="Mac1958, post: 12599842, member: 34298"]They're so weird and semi-creepy that we all talk about them. Mission accomplished!

Something tells me that wasn't their original intent, but whatever works. :laugh:
.[/QUOTE]
Talk I
They're so weird and semi-creepy that we all talk about them. Mission accomplished!

Something tells me that wasn't their original intent, but whatever works. :laugh:
The mission is to sell more cars not how many folks are aware of the commercials.

Is it just me or do other people get creeped out by those McConaughey commercials for Lincoln? Aside from the fact that that wormy little douche bag would never be caught dead driving a Lincoln, the whole vibe of the commercials coupled with that now trademark greasy McConaughey sleaze just screams "goat fucking pervert". Is is meant to be this way? Is the commercial intended as a caricature of McConaughey. Or, does this disgust twat really believe that this paints him as the suave "dude" that he believes himself to be? And what about the makers of the commercial and the networks that run it? Do THEY believe that these commercials' appeal is that everybody is in on the joke, or do they believe that McConaughey is the embodiment of cool?
I like McConaughhey.

Maybe he can't remember his lines so they have no dialog in the commercial. There is a lot of psychology involved in commercials. The principal character of any commercial always mirrors the target audience. One of the Liberty Mutual car insurance commercials features a bald overweight middle age guy who talks in cliches and another one has a young babe who calls her car "Brad". It's easy to spot the target audience.

Maybe he can't remember his lines so they have no dialog in the commercial. There is a lot of psychology involved in commercials. The principal character of any commercial always mirrors the target audience. One of the Liberty Mutual car insurance commercials features a bald overweight middle age guy who talks in cliches and another one has a young babe who calls her car "Brad". It's easy to spot the target audience.
I do not disagree with anything you say. But, really, who in the hell is the target audience with these McConaughey commercials? Hollywood douche bags? Is that too specific? Wannabe Hollywood douche bags? Douchy sex offenders? The homosexual community?

Forum List

Back