Massacre: Racism or Not?

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Dante, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    Is the defense racist in nature? Is the prosecution racism in nature? Was the gang fighting racist in nature?

I do know I had a few knee jerk reactions as a white guy who was surrounded by racial tensions in the city I grew up in. I wonder how others feel as they are reading the article and I wonder how they feel and what they thought at the end of the article.

I will admit initially feeling that if the group that did the shooting was comprised of whites, race would have been a bigger issue in the prosecution.

I admit to wondering about the racial aspects and how much they weigh on the interaction between the groups.

I ended up coming away from the article with a different perspective than the one I had going in.
    ---

L.A’s 49th Street Massacre may not have been about race

Three Latinos, including a child, were killed in a gang-style attack. The suspects, now on trial, are black. But the motivation is not believed to be racial.

L.A.’s 49th Street Massacre may not have been about race - latimes.com

2. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    This is nothing new. There has been all out war between blacks and latinos in the West for a long time.