"Mass Killings:" More Died From Migraines

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. "Using news accounts and FBI records from 2006 through 2010, the most recent years for which complete records were available, USA TODAY identified 156 murders that met the FBI definitions of mass killings, where four or more people were killed.

a. The review offers perhaps the most current, complete picture yet of a crime that is both frighteningly common and not widely understood.

2. The killings between 2006 and 2010, however, offer a portrait of mass murder that in many ways belies the stereotype of a lone gunman targeting strangers:
Lone gunmen, such as the one who terrorized Sandy Hook Elementary School last week, account for less than half of the nation's mass killers. About a quarter of mass murders involve two or more killers.

3. A third of mass killings didn't involve guns at all. In 15 incidents, the victims died in a fire. In 20 others, the killer used a knife or a blunt object. When guns were involved, killers were far more likely to use handguns than any other type of weapon.

4. Children are frequently victims. At least 161 who died in mass killings -- roughly one in five -- were 12 and younger.

5. Mass murderers tend to be older than other killers, with an average age of nearly 32 years old. Like all killers, they are overwhelmingly men.

6. But for all the attention they receive, mass killings still accounted for only a tiny fraction — about 1% — of all the Americans who were murdered over those five years.

7. During those five years, more died from migraines and falling out of chairs than were murdered by mass killers,..."
Mass killings occur in USA once every two weeks

The CDC did an exhaustive study of the effectiveness of gun laws....

"The systematic review development team identified 51 studies that evaluated the effects of selected firearms laws on violence and met the inclusion criteria for this review. No study was excluded because of limitations in design or execution. Information on violent outcomes was available in 48 studies, and the remaining three studies, which provided information on counts or proportions of regulated firearms used in crime, were used as supplementary evidence. Several studies examined more than one type of firearm law."

Ready?

The Task Force found insufficient evidence to determine the effectiveness of any of the firearms laws or combinations of laws reviewed on violent outcomes.
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/pdf/rr/rr5214.pdf

Why?

Because guns are not the problem.

Think about that.

stop, please stop, you don't get it. This is about the kids and nothing more. You can't beat that image so stop trying.

stop, please stop, you don't get it. This is about the kids and nothing more. You can't beat that image so stop trying.

No it isn't.

As with any problem, it's the application of logic, experience and the data to find a solution.
If one actually seeks a solution.

If not, shout "it's about the children."

For Liberals, it's finding a cudgel to beat the opposition into silence and compliance with....

Who was that wise wag who noted:
"Not facts, nor data, nor experience, nor rational debate will convince Liberals."

In your case, your ability has taken you as far as you can go.

No it isn't.

As with any problem, it's the application of logic, experience and the data to find a solution.If one actually seeks a solution.

yes, yes it is about the kids. We've accepted these things as normal for awhile. Why because most of them have been about adults and a motive. There doesn't seem to be a very reasonable motive here. These where 6 year olds who where murdered.
This set the bar to a new level that nobody expected. Guns are part of the problem, and i do mean part of the problem, but not the only problem.

I really dont care about your views on liberals. That has no place here and you are using dead kids to attack liberals. That's scummy.

You need to rethink your opinion on this, because right now you look like a pile of shit.

No it isn't.

As with any problem, it's the application of logic, experience and the data to find a solution.

For Liberals, it's finding a cudgel to beat the opposition into silence and compliance with....

"Not facts, nor data, nor experience, nor rational debate will convince Liberals."

When did you ever apply logic?

jeezus. Go tell the parents of the dead kids to stop whining because it's not like they're the only people ever lost a loved one,

if that will make you feel better.

and while you're at it why don't you put your lameass assault rifle avatar back up?

No it isn't.

As with any problem, it's the application of logic, experience and the data to find a solution.If one actually seeks a solution.

yes, yes it is about the kids. We've accepted these things as normal for awhile. Why because most of them have been about adults and a motive. There doesn't seem to be a very reasonable motive here. These where 6 year olds who where murdered.
This set the bar to a new level that nobody expected. Guns are part of the problem, and i do mean part of the problem, but not the only problem.

I really dont care about your views on liberals. That has no place here and you are using dead kids to attack liberals. That's scummy.

You need to rethink your opinion on this, because right now you look like a pile of shit.

I appreciate the opportunity to educate you, and drive home the point about Liberals.

1. Illegal drugs: that means not eligible to be bought or sold. Ever. Under any circumstances.

2. Kids buy illegal drugs. Every day.

3. Guns: some are legal to buy...with background checks or waiting periods. So there may be a legal-illegal overlap.

4. Now...if the fact that illegal drugs are illegal, yet readily bought and sold by kids.....clearly the attempt to ban same is a failure.

I'm sure you've heard the term "failure" often.

5. Based on the above, how successful would a ban on guns be?

And....since we already know that it would be a 'failure'....did that hurt?...what does that say about Liberals....the ones who are attempting to advance a proven failure of a strategy.

You see....Liberals claim to want to see the innocent and the criminals both disarmed....yet only a fool....that hurt?....doesn't realize that only the honest citizen would be disarmed.

Q.E.D.

No it isn't.

I appreciate the opportunity to educate you, and drive home the point about Liberals.

1. Illegal drugs: that means not eligible to be bought or sold. Ever. Under any circumstances.

3. Guns: some are legal to buy...with background checks or waiting periods. So there may be a legal-illegal overlap.

4. Now...if the fact that illegal drugs are illegal, yet readily bought and sold by kids.....clearly the attempt to ban same is a failure.

And....since we already know that it would be a 'failure'....did that hurt?...what does that say about Liberals....the ones who are attempting to advance a proven failure of a strategy.

You see....Liberals claim to want to see the innocent and the criminals both disarmed....yet only a fool....that hurt?....doesn't realize that only the honest citizen would be disarmed.

Q.E.D.
Guns are part of the problem, and i do mean part of the problem, but not the only problem.

try reading

Q.E.D.
Guns are part of the problem, and i do mean part of the problem, but not the only problem.

try reading

So you are not in favor of banning guns?

Good to see you retreat.

Q.E.D.

try reading

“In mass shootings involving guns and mind-altering medications, politicians immediately seek to blame guns but never the medication. Nearly every mass shooting that has taken place in America over the last two decades has a link to psychiatric medication, and it appears today's tragic event is headed in the same direction."

The liberal numbnuts have nothing to fight with. They do not acknowledge logic or reason...they do not understand the term "factual evidence"...they do not care what the rest of the world thinks as long as the rest of the world agrees with them.

The only way this recent incident could have been more heart wrenching and emotionally volatile is if the shooter had walked into a hospital nursery and sprayed bullets into 20 or so newborn infants.

Ironically, this would be even closer to the murder of souls promoted by the liberals in their support of late term abortions.

Liberals are fucking idiots!

Q.E.D.

try reading

So you are not in favor of banning guns?

Good to see you retreat.

stop it, there was nothing to retreat from.

Q.E.D.

try reading

“In mass shootings involving guns and mind-altering medications, politicians immediately seek to blame guns but never the medication. Nearly every mass shooting that has taken place in America over the last two decades has a link to psychiatric medication, and it appears today's tragic event is headed in the same direction."
The lunatic's mother is said to have expressed anguish in dealing with him just prior to his rampage. He would not even leave the house. Our policy of waiting 'til someone does something bad to haul them in is in need of overhaul. Parents should be able to commit their wayward children to closely guarded asylums where they receive proper medical and psychological treatment. Letting obviously unstable people remain at large in society is patently STUPID.

That should give comfort to the families of the 20 children murdered by a nut with an AR-15.

You nutjobs just can't help yourselves, can you? Things have changed. This horrific crime has changed everything. You don't need a m ilitary-style or grade weapon. You don't need a drum magazine.

If you can't survive without those things, then curl up and die in a corner for all I care.

No it isn't.

This about the availability of weopons of war to the crazies.

You and the NRA are the people that have made sure that the crazies have easy access to these weopons. You are accountable for these tragedies.

You and the other 'Conservatives' that have fought giving the mentally ill any help at all, if it cost the taxpayer a dime, are accountable. The price our children have paid in the past decade is so much greater than the cost of timely psychological help for these mentally ill people would have been.

That should give comfort to the families of the 20 children murdered by a nut with an AR-15.

You nutjobs just can't help yourselves, can you? Things have changed. This horrific crime has changed everything. You don't need a m ilitary-style or grade weapon. You don't need a drum magazine.

If you can't survive without those things, then curl up and die in a corner for all I care.

This is the same crowd that used to say the 100's of Americans who were dying in Iraq, not to mention the Iraqis, weren't that big a deal compared to the number dying in inner city violence in this country.

More children were murdered by GW Bush in the first 24 hours of the Iraq War, the infamous 'shock and awe',

than were killed at the Sandy Hook school,

if you want an analogy that has some iota of relevance.

Forum List

Back