markets soar at EU decision

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Stocks rally on surprise EU deal- MSN Money

Stocks shot higher Friday as global markets cheered concrete steps announced at the European Union summit to relieve the region's debt crisis.

Leaders agreed to ease austerity measures and rescue banks directly from a regional bailout fund. They also revealed a $149 billion economic growth plan for the eurozone.

• Banned
lets remember this election is about the economy right?

then why is it the EU has decided austerity is a fail

• Banned
The right wings economic theory is being proven a complete fail by real time history.

you can not buy or steal this election

Did you not see this in the article you linked to?

"US consumer sentiment drops to a 6-month low. Personal income and spending are little changed."

The EU is finished.

The Italians and Spanish have to pay 400 times what Germany does to borrow new money

$150B Euros is a rounding error and a joke and they still refuse to deal with the write down that must occur

Frank, you do realize you're trying to get the biggest lolberal zombie on the board to see something besides what said zombie wants to see. It is an exercise in futility, but I praise your effort.

Truthdon'tmatters entire intellect could be fully explained in one word...dumb.

Ok...TM - do you see WHAT they are buying today? No - of course not.
Do you know WHAT they were buying yesterday? No - of course not.
here is my challenge to you...look up at what the buying frenzy is actually purchasing...what stocks are driving up the value?
Not that you will spend the time to take this challenge, nor would I expect you to begin to understand - or see the correlation between the two - and have a little "aha!" moment.
Because you are dumb. Because you pollute this forum everyday with headlines you don't understand, because you are dumb and drunk...even if I fully explained why the markets are soaring...you would not understand.
You are dumb.

Germany's goal has always been to create a fiscal union that has, in so many words, control over member countries economic policies. This latest agreement calls for the creation of a supervisory board that essentially does just that. Those who think austerity is dead are sadly mistaken, debtor countries are still gonna have to meet certain req'ts in the way of deficits vis-a-vis GDP.

Frankly, I can't see how it'll work out. Italy, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Crete, and soon France are all going to be in dire straits if they aren't already. Will they accede control over their economies to Brussels (basically Germany)? Hard to beleive, and even if the gov'ts do so, would the populace in affected countries revolt? I don't see a soft landing or a good ending over there.

Forum List

Back