Marine faces 15 years behind bars for unknowingly violating gun law

Cool.

When you guys yammer on about "State's rights"..maybe you'll realize just what they mean.

State laws should never supersede constitutionally guaranteed rights.

Right.

Like voting ids and picking up illegals.

Gotcha.

Oh..and Free Speech...and the right to assembly is also as "unfettered" as you guys assume gun laws to be.

Hence breaking up the OWS camps..were unconstitutional.

I have no problem with assembly as long as those who assemble do not violate anyone else's rights. But the OW Sheep were impeding the rights of others by blocking access to public property and in some cases trespassing on private property.

And I don't get how picking up illegals violates a constitutionally guaranteed right. As far as voter IDs how do you propose that one proves he is indeed eligible to vote ( that he is indeed a US citizen of legal age)?

Last edited:
I can't believe Sallow is doing everything to deflect and make this issue as partisan as possible.

Shocked to the core.

State laws should never supersede constitutionally guaranteed rights.

Right.

Like voting ids and picking up illegals.

Gotcha.

Oh..and Free Speech...and the right to assembly is also as "unfettered" as you guys assume gun laws to be.

Hence breaking up the OWS camps..were unconstitutional.

I have no problem with assembly as long as those who assemble do not violate anyone else's rights. But the OW Sheep were impeding the rights of others by blocking access to public property and in some cases trespassing on private property.

And I don't get how picking up illegals violates a constitutionally guaranteed right. As far as voter IDs how do you propose that one proves he is indeed eligible to vote is that he is indeed a US citizen of legal age?

They weren't "violating" anyone else's rights.

And the Constitution clearly delineates immigration as being under Federal jurisdiction.

The Constitution makes no requirement for a citizen to prove anything in order to vote. Actually quite the contrary..charging a "tax" of any sort is prohibited.

It also doesn't grant anyone the right to concealed weapons.

Cool.

When you guys yammer on about "State's rights"..maybe you'll realize just what they mean.
States do not have the right to deny the privleges and immunities of people from other states.

At least that's what people like you tell us regarding gay marriage.

:dunno:

Ah so..I can own a thermal nuclear device? You know..for my own protection. Nukes. The only way to be sure.

Cool.

States do not have the right to deny the privleges and immunities of people from other states.
Ah so..I can own a thermal nuclear device? You know..for my own protection. Nukes. The only way to be sure.
:yawn:
Perhaps you could now post a response that actually addresses what I said.

BTW: Thermonuclear

I can't believe Sallow is doing everything to deflect and make this issue as partisan as possible.

Shocked to the core.

Deflect what?

The man broke the law.

So much for you "law and order" fellows..eh?

Deflect by randomly bringing up other issues that have nothing to do with this, but you already knew that.

Yes he did, punishment far outweighs the crime.

He broke the law, he should be punished, $50 fine or so. Just like you probably broke the law today or yesterday when you were driving.

And btw I know as an uber partisan it's very important for you to put everyone in boxes and categorize them, but I want much LESS laws and in almost all cases lighter punishment. The main thing I want done away with the War on Drugs, but your hero Obama has only increased that every year he's been in office. I remember when democrats used to pretend to be against it, once their hero got elected their principles they pretended to have vanished faster a speeding bullet.

:yawn:
Perhaps you could now post a response that actually addresses what I said.

BTW: Thermonuclear

Yawn, what? Read the clause. It doesn't grant you a right to concealed weapons. And..it makes absolutely no distinction about what arms you can bear.

You wanna go down this rabbit hole? I'm right with ya. :D

Last edited:
The Constitution makes no requirement for a citizen to prove anything in order to vote. Actually quite the contrary..charging a "tax" of any sort is prohibited.

So, in your mind, proving you are a citizen is the same as being charged a tax.

Interesting.

So, in your mind, proving you are a citizen is the same as being charged a tax.

Interesting.

So in your mind, any proof that requires cost isn't a tax.

Interesting.

Cool.

It is my understanding that state's rights apply to any area that isn't the purview of the Federal government (the enumerated powers) but that the Constitution also disallows any government (local, county, state or fed) from infringing on unalienable rights, one of which happens to be the right to keep and bear arms.

Shocked to the core.

Deflect what?

The man broke the law.

So much for you "law and order" fellows..eh?

Deflect by randomly bringing up other issues that have nothing to do with this, but you already knew that.

Yes he did, punishment far outweighs the crime.

He broke the law, he should be punished, $50 fine or so. Just like you probably broke the law today or yesterday when you were driving.

And btw I know as an uber partisan it's very important for you to put everyone in boxes and categorize them, but I want much LESS laws and in almost all cases lighter punishment. The main thing I want done away with the War on Drugs, but your hero Obama has only increased that every year he's been in office. I remember when democrats used to pretend to be against it, once their hero got elected their principles they pretended to have vanished faster a speeding bullet.

It's pretty simple. The guy broke the law. It's not a law that was unpopular in NYC either. Guns are unpopular in NYC. We don't like them. Nothing more dangerous in a big urban area that's wall to wall with people, then concealed weapons. Especially if those carrying those concealed weapons are drinking or mentality unstable.

The onus is on the person traveling to the city..to know the laws.

The Marine isn't too bright. Personally, I question the validity of the story itself. A 28-year old "former gunner?" What the hell is that? He made warrant in 10 years and got out? Or did they mean "Gunny," who got out at 28 years old.?

Regardless....

I have a concealed weps permit in Virginia and I know I can't ride a Metro in D.C. with the damned thing. Laws very - doesn't mean a permit is valid cross country.

I visit this site before making any sort of a trip with a weapon.

Cool.

It is my understanding that state's rights apply to any area that isn't the purview of the Federal government (the enumerated powers) but that the Constitution also disallows any government (local, county, state or fed) from infringing on unalienable rights, one of which happens to be the right to keep and bear arms.

And there's no provision that allows you to conceal those arms.

Cool.

And there's no provision that allows you to conceal those arms.

If he had been openly carrying, you would not then support his arrest? That's illegal too in New York I believe.

The Marine isn't too bright. Personally, I question the validity of the story itself. A 28-year old "former gunner?" What the hell is that? He made warrant in 10 years and got out? Or did they mean "Gunny," who got out at 28 years old.?

Regardless....

I have a concealed weps permit in Virginia and I know I can't ride a Metro in D.C. with the damned thing. Laws very - doesn't mean a permit is valid cross country.

I visit this site before making any sort of a trip with a weapon.

Agreed. That's like you or me walking in to the post office on Rt. 1 next to the Harley shop and asking where to check our gun. We know that we can't carry in the PO or aboard MCB Quantico, so we leave our weapon at home.

Most CC permit holders know that the laws in Commifornia, New Yuck, and similar places are as they are because they do not trust their citizens with firearms and surely do not trust us out-of-staters. What about the nurse in the article that wanted to "check" her gun at the World Trade Center. I never turn over my weapons to anyone. Carrying comes with responsibilities, and that includes where one cannot carry.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back