Marijuana: A Winning GOP Issue?

Glensather

Gothic Vampires
Nov 10, 2012
World 1-1
Fortunately for Republicans, they actually have a rare opportunity here to seize the middle ground and appeal to younger voters. While the Republican rank-and-file still oppose outright marijuana legalization, the issue could fit within the party's ostensible state-rights philosophy. GOP voters seem to agree. CBS News found that 65 percent of Republicans support allowing state governments to determine the legality of marijuana, compared to just 29 percent who believed the federal government should decide. Rand Paul has already suggested moderation on marijuana legalization as a helpful step toward coping with generational change.

SOURCE: Marijuana: A Winning GOP Issue? | The New Republic

I agree with this. This is one of the Republican Party's many good shots it has to win the next election.

Ron Paul already suggested it but was rewarded with silence from the Republican Party.

Besides, the US Gov't gets too much money shipping that stuff in themselves and laundering the money through US Banks to be legalizing it.

Given the present intellectual prowess demonstrated by the GOP I think they are all heavy users.

I doubt pot is their drug of choice..I'm thinkin it's oxyconton washed down with a lot of bourbon or gin.

On a side note Washington state believes it's new legalized pot law will bring $500 million to the state through taxation of sales and growing pot per year. That's a lot of money. Our state budget is arourd 33 billion and recently they had to cut back around a billion in services. This pot money will help immensely. The "Tourism" industry is also looking at the new law as we are expecting a lot of people coming here to get high legally which will bring a lot more money to the hotels and take out food industries. The pizza places should do well. :lol:

Last edited:
To be able to deal with this fucked up Obama economy
One needs to be heavy on the weed...
I mean Willie Nelson and Snoop Dog heavy using. allegedly ...or whatever his new name is...Lion or sumptin.

I think their biggest issue is getting through to immigrant groups without pandering to them and promising all the freebies under the sun like the democrats do. It is possible, the Conservative government in Canada has done it with great success.

And yes, get rid of prohibition of at least the herb, it's a failed exercise in futility.

Forum List

Back