Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg to stop seeking prison in some cases

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
Good luck to Eric Adams reducing crime in Manhattan.

Manhattan DA to stop seeking prison sentences in slew of criminal cases

In his first memo to staff on Monday, Alvin Bragg said his office “will not seek a carceral sentence” except with homicides and a handful of other cases, including domestic violence felonies, some sex crimes and public corruption.

“This rule may be excepted only in extraordinary circumstances based on a holistic
analysis of the facts, criminal history, victim’s input (particularly in cases of
violence or trauma), and any other information available,” the memo reads.

I work in Manhattan, so that means some guy can mug me on the subway and unless he is really really violent, he would get a most a fine and maybe probation.

I once heard that prisons are supposed to be at least a little inconvenient.

I also once heard that (for the most part) felons ought to be sentenced to prison.

But now I see! If felons get sentenced to prisons and prison is a little inconvenient, then what kind of monsters are WE?

It’s so obvious, now! The felons aren’t the bad guys. WE are!

I once heard that prisons are supposed to be at least a little inconvenient.

I also once heard that (for the most part) felons ought to be sentenced to prison.

But now I see! If felons get sentenced to prisons and prison is a little inconvenient, then what kind of monsters are WE?

It’s so obvious, now! The felons aren’t the bad guys. WE are!

I would move out of this city if it wasn't for family. My company is all throughout the country and finding engineering work isn't hard anywhere.

With the exception of Staten Island, if you want to run for District Attorney in any of the Boros of NYC, you need to remember the term “decarcerate.”

I have no idea how any of these elected law enforcement officials (that’s technically what District Attorneys are) could articulate how they “fight crime.”

I’m so old, I remember when “fighting crime” was a good idea.

With the exception of Staten Island, if you want to run for District Attorney in any of the Boros of NYC, you need to remember the term “decarcerate.”

I have no idea how any of these elected law enforcement officials (that’s technically what District Attorneys are) could articulate how they “fight crime.”

I’m so old, I remember when “fighting crime” was a good idea.

Queens isn't that bad either, the DA there pays lip service to the bullshit, but doesn't follow through.

In order of suckery, with suckiest being first its 1.Bronx 2.Manhattan 3. Brooklyn, 4. Queens 5. Staten Island.

Armed robbery? Its like leftists LOVE gun violence and crime.
Its also hilarious how the author of this piece called it progressive. Pretty sure reducing crimes involving guns doesnt equal "moving forward"

Queens isn't that bad either, the DA there pays lip service to the bullshit, but doesn't follow through.

In order of suckery, with suckiest being first its 1.Bronx 2.Manhattan 3. Brooklyn, 4. Queens 5. Staten Island.
QUEENS DA Katz had a very tough battle against a self-proclaimed “queer Latina” public defender who essentially ran a campaign AS a public defender. She came damn close to winning. I foresee big electoral problems down the road for the incumbent based on the promises she made as the DA candidate versus her performance as the Boro’s Prosecutor.

She wasn’t going to seek bail! Guess what? She has her assistants regularly seek bail. This will be used against her if she runs again.

I live in a rural area. There arent enough crazies here(cities seem to be overrun with them) to elect pieces of shit like that guy. Thank goodness.

Our Governor-elect said if a DA acts-up like that he will invoke a state law that will take the case out of their hands and move it to the AG's office for prosecution....I'm unclear on the exact details but it has something to do with if the elected Sherriff in the county sees justice not being done he reports it to the AGs office and they take it from there.

That is why, in part, many dem counties that are cities in everything but name want to fold the Sherriff's Department into their county PDs and no longer elect a Sherriff, just use the SD for the jail/courts.....Elected Sheriffs have great power here in Virginia and are usually very conservative.....Dems don't care for that.

Lucky for Virginia Soros has not been able to buy too many DAs (mostly just the current AG who leaves office on the 15th) and even if he had many of the blue-burb dems here are just to the right of Attila the Hun when it comes to violent and property crime. They might be leftist scum but they want to be safe leftist scum. ;)

NYC DA, Vance, has been too busy using his office as a political weapon for the DNC, and in some cases, a tool to protect their donors, to be concerned with crime.

Look how he worked to keep Dem Donor, Jeff Epstein off the sex offender list, even after his first conviction...https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/09/nyregion/cyrus-vance-epstein.html

1641329431006.png

After they build a high wall on the coastal bank facing New York City then seal off all the bridges and tunnels that'll be just fine.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Last edited:
When I think of America New York comes to my mind. I would think it is the US capital if I did not know better. I know there are bad areas there but Lady Liberty holding the torch and Wall Street that is America.

Forum List

Back