Man who killed chip-stealing seagull given curfew

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Man killed gull for stealing his chips

A man who killed a seagull when it tried to steal his chips has been ordered to serve a curfew.

John Llewellyn-Jones, 64, of Bishopston Road, Cardiff, "smashed" the bird against a wall during a trip to Weston-super-Mare in July 2018.

He denied breaching the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 but was found guilty at North Somerset Magistrates' Court on Tuesday.

The RSPCA said: "He cared more for his chips than what he did to the gull."

Mr Llewellyn-Jones was ordered to serve a 12-week curfew between the hours of 20:00 and 08:00, pay costs of £750 and an £85 victim surcharge.

You call them fries.
These Gulls are bloody huge and a big pest. But he shouldnt have done it in front of the kids.

What kind of chips were they? That sort of makes a big difference.

The article left out an important detail.

What kind of chips? If they were sour cream and cheddar for example the gull definitely had it coming.

A gull took my sandwich out of my hand at the beach in Bar Harbor once. Cheeky little devils. I think bashing its brains out was a bit over the top though.
Not sure why a curfew will help anything here--unless this incident happened at night when he was drunk or something?

upload_2019-3-13_19-23-47.jpeg

A gull took my sandwich out of my hand at the beach in Bar Harbor once. Cheeky little devils. I think bashing its brains out was a bit over the top though.
Not sure why a curfew will help anything here--unless this incident happened at night when he was drunk or something?
The ones over here are enormous and they can terrorise the sea front. What we dont want is a Bodega Bay type scenario because they have us outnumbered.

No pansy-ass British gull would dare lay a beak on one of my Freedom Fries. :mad:

A man who killed a seagull when it tried to steal his chips has been ordered to serve a curfew.

John Llewellyn-Jones, 64, of Bishopston Road, Cardiff, "smashed" the bird against a wall during a trip to Weston-super-Mare in July 2018.

I'll just note here that Weston-super-Mare is the birthplace of John Cleese. So this is the second time I've ever heard of it.

Last edited:

He denied breaching the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 but was found guilty at North Somerset Magistrates' Court on Tuesday.

Mr Llewellyn-Jones was ordered to serve a 12-week curfew between the hours of 20:00 and 08:00, pay costs of £750 and an £85 victim surcharge.

You call them fries.
These Gulls are bloody huge and a big pest. But he shouldnt have done it in front of the kids.

Actually it should never be done no matter kids are around or not.

Just get up and leave.

You call them fries.

Just get up and leave.
Mate, they stole his fuckin chips !!

You call them fries.

Just get up and leave.
Mate, they stole his fuckin chips !!

So?

Forum List

Back