Man lives one year without throwing anything away

I did that for a while.... my office got very messy... it was a main point of contention between my ex and I.

Pack Rat!

I have to admit, I am a big time pack rat. You name it, I have it tucked away some place. I don't really try to do this, but, good junk simply seems to cross my path.

Several years ago when I decided to retire and I stopped the concessions and catering part of the business the goal was to sell off everything and get rid of the warehouse. Well, I sold off everything except what I needed to do some work for our longtime customers, but, the warehouse ended up being my personal pack rat hole. I don't know why I do this, but, I have so much odd ball stuff which is all good junk. Most of it comes to me for next to nothing and it always seems to benefit someone at some point.

Each spring I go in with a team of workers, clean it out, sort it out, give a lot of it away to those who could use it, sell some things and then swear to stop it, only to begin the process again! lol

I compost and I recycle things that I can recycle.

Still my household produces an enormous amount of trash.

Packaging gone mad is a big, big part of the problem, of course.

Packaging gone mad is a big, big part of the problem, of course.

Absolutely! and they always seem to be coming out with more 'disposable' items. And whose idea was it to strap kid's toys down with 20+ plastic and/or wire ties . . . and put eggs in a flimsy carton?

LOL EZ, your daughter and my 12 yr old are the same --- I think they all are. I just went to dust her room and spent an hour cleaning it up first and this was after she had done most of it herself. Slobbery and teenagers go hand in hand in this house.

Forum List

Back