Malaysian Muslims declare jihad against Cadbury

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013

Angry Muslims in Malaysia demand a Jihad, or holy war, be declared on confectionery company Cadbury and their parent company after traces of pig DNA were found.

In response Cadbury Malaysia is pulling Cadbury Dairy Milk hazelnut and Cadbury Dairy Milk roast almond from shelves in the Islamic country, Reuters reports.

A group of more than 20 Muslim organizations condemned the UK-based company, owned by Mondelēz International, saying “it has crossed the line.”

“They have betrayed us Muslims by putting ‘haram’ elements through the foods we consume in our body, to weaken us Muslims,” said Abu Bakar Yahya, chief of Muslim group, Perkasa Selangor, at a press conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaymailonline reports.

Some Muslim organizations even called for a Jihad to be declared against Cadbury for its “betrayal.”

The Malaysian Islamic Development Department was urged to take legal action against Cadbury.

The Malaysian Health Ministry confirmed that traces of porcine DNA had been picked up in a routine check for non-halal substances in Cadbury products. According to Islamic law, Muslims cannot consume pork or any products derived from it.

“Ensuring that all our products made here in Malaysia are halal is something we take very seriously,” Cadbury Malaysia said in a Facebook posting.

http://nypost.com/2014/05/30/malaysian-muslims-declare-jihad-against-cadbury/

--------------------------------------------------------------------

How dare Cadbury Chocolates do this!!!!

How dare them!!!

I am blaming corporations, which means I am blaming America, which means I am blaming white conservatives, which means I am blaming George Bush, and since these muslims are such victims, I am blaming Israel too.

All of their fault. Poor muslims and their religion of peace and love and mercy.

Last edited:

Angry Muslims in Malaysia demand a Jihad, or holy war, be declared on confectionery company Cadbury and their parent company after traces of pig DNA were found.

In response Cadbury Malaysia is pulling Cadbury Dairy Milk hazelnut and Cadbury Dairy Milk roast almond from shelves in the Islamic country, Reuters reports.

A group of more than 20 Muslim organizations condemned the UK-based company, owned by Mondelēz International, saying “it has crossed the line.”

“They have betrayed us Muslims by putting ‘haram’ elements through the foods we consume in our body, to weaken us Muslims,” said Abu Bakar Yahya, chief of Muslim group, Perkasa Selangor, at a press conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaymailonline reports.

Some Muslim organizations even called for a Jihad to be declared against Cadbury for its “betrayal.”

The Malaysian Islamic Development Department was urged to take legal action against Cadbury.

The Malaysian Health Ministry confirmed that traces of porcine DNA had been picked up in a routine check for non-halal substances in Cadbury products. According to Islamic law, Muslims cannot consume pork or any products derived from it.

“Ensuring that all our products made here in Malaysia are halal is something we take very seriously,” Cadbury Malaysia said in a Facebook posting.

Malaysian Muslims declare jihad against Cadbury | New York Post

How dare them!!!

I am blaming corporations, which means I am blaming America, which means I am blaming white conservatives, which means I am blaming George Bush, and since these muslims are such victims, I am blaming Israel too.

All of their fault. Poor muslims and their religion of peace and love and mercy.

I side with the Muslims on this one.

In a Muslim nation if your product labels don't disclose those ingredients which are offensive to Muslims why are you printing the labels at all?

I think this MAY be a criminal violation.

Why include Pork DNA in products sold in a nation where Pork is taboo?

It is silly, irresponsible, clearly neglectful and may be an act of religious based impudence.

I am firmly in support of the Muslims on this one.

What if we were talking about omitting the presence of peanut ingredients in Cadbury's products?

That would be just the same as Pork DNA in their products.

Same principle.

Was the porcine DNA really in the chocolate? Or, did someone just say it was?

How dare them!!!

Why would pork products be in chocolate in the first place?

Pork the muslim kryptonite:badgrin:

How dare them!!!

You realize there are allotments for rat hair and rat shit in peanut butter right? Nothing is 100% pure.

Why don't the Muslims just make their own fucking chocolate? Too busy stoning queers and women with the gall to drive a car, I guess.

How dare them!!!

In a Muslim nation if your product labels don't disclose those ingredients which are offensive to Muslims why are you printing the labels at all?

It is silly, irresponsible, clearly neglectful and may be an act of religious based impudence.

What if we were talking about omitting the presence of peanut ingredients in Cadbury's products?

Same principle.

But that still leaves the question of why are they using pork to make chocolate? It's not like they sell chocolate covered bacon. They sell overly sweet bunny eggs and bars.

Ingredients: Full Cream Milk, Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Mass, Milk Solids, Emulsifiers (Soy Lecithin, 476), Flavours.

If they were saying it came from an unhalal part of a cow I'd believe it but there is NO reason I can think of for anything other than coco,milk,sugar to be in there. Pork shouldn't even been in the picture. Either something they bought to put into the candy got contaminated somewhere else and Cadbury didn't know about it, it's coporate sabotage or it's BS and just another reason for them to hate. I just think it's another reason for them to hate.

https://www.cadbury.com.au/Products...Block/Cadbury-Milk-Chocolate-Ingredients.aspx

How dare them!!!

You realize there are allotments for rat hair and rat shit in peanut butter right? Nothing is 100% pure.

Yes and if it was insect or rat poopy I'd believe it. Pigs don't fly or sneak into candy factories and drop turd into a vats of chocolate. There is no reason for them to use pork product in any of their products, it's chocolate not BBQ. I think it's BS

Kill him!

Cadbury_Harvey.jpg

We add pork stuff to our foods all the time...
We call it flavor.

Yeah but not to chocolate candy bars. Now chocolate covered bacon is a different story, but not everyday candy. I'm sure some Imam will threaten to behead some corp executive of Cadbury but the end of the day for this "outrage".

How dare them!!!

Same principle.

But that still leaves the question of why are they using pork to make chocolate? It's not like they sell chocolate covered bacon. They sell overly sweet bunny eggs and bars.

Ingredients: Full Cream Milk, Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Mass, Milk Solids, Emulsifiers (Soy Lecithin, 476), Flavours.

If they were saying it came from an unhalal part of a cow I'd believe it but there is NO reason I can think of for anything other than coco,milk,sugar to be in there. Pork shouldn't even been in the picture. Either something they bought to put into the candy got contaminated somewhere else and Cadbury didn't know about it, it's coporate sabotage or it's BS and just another reason for them to hate. I just think it's another reason for them to hate.

https://www.cadbury.com.au/Products...Block/Cadbury-Milk-Chocolate-Ingredients.aspx

Why now all of a sudden?

I think, in this instance, they'd rather just have the pork-less candies rather than one more thing to hate.

We add pork stuff to our foods all the time...
We call it flavor.

I was raised in a Seventh Day Adventist "style" household and we didn't eat pork.

To Marianne: It IS like Kryptonite.

The closest most of you can get to wrapping your brains around the meaning of this is to use a physical allergy to represent just how abhorrent the taboo item is to your sensibilities.

YOU JUST DON'T EAT IT OR PERMIT IT IN OR AROUND YOUR FOOD SUPPLIES.

PERIOD.

Think of a shellfish allergy or a peanut allergy.

Both can be deadly.

That is the level of objectionableness you must consider when thinking about this story.

Anyone who has a problem making the mental leap can look in the mirror and see one reason why Westerners are hated in some parts of the world.

Your insensitivity to the customs, habits, traditions, cultures of the people outside your socio-economic sphere.

Last edited:
Most people do not realize many products at the grocery store have a small symbol on the package to alert the consumer the item is "Kosher" (Judaism) or "Halal" (Islam) certified for their Jewish and Muslim customers.

The small Kosher symbol guarantees the product to be Pork free for it's Jewish patrons.

And the small Halal symbol assures the muslim shopper the product doesn't contain either Pork or alcohol ingredients.

Here is a site that lists many Halal and non Halal (haram) products. .. :cool:

http://www.muslimconsumergroup.com/category_search_result.php?t=C&p=5

Forum List

Back