Majority of Millionaires Support Warren Buffet's Tax on the Rich

SAT

Rookie
Oct 23, 2011
Millionaires Support Warren Buffett’s Tax on the Rich - The Wealth Report - WSJ

A new survey from Spectrem Group found that 68% of millionaires (those with investments of $1 million or more) support raising taxes on those with $1 million or more in income. Fully 61% of those with net worths of $5 million or more support the tax on million-plus earners.

Explains George Walper of Spectrem: “What this tells us is that there are a number of wealthy folks who said: ‘Gee, we need to increase taxes to stimulate the economy. No one likes to be taxed more, but the reality is maybe it has to be done.’ ”

Walper added that he was also surprised at the positive reactions to Buffett’s political agenda. “I thought that among this group there would be a feeling of ‘why doesn’t he keep his nose out of it?’”

:eusa_clap:

Yeah, sure they do. It's easy to say so they look like little Warren Buffett's,but just write the check

well then, when those they polled OFFER to DONATE all their millions to the Federal Guberment, I will have much more respect for them:lol:

Last edited:
And nothing is stopping them from writing out a check "Payable to US Treasury Department"...

And that is a really ridiculous argument. Nothing is stopping neocon war hawks from sending THEIR children off to fight the wars they get us in to either...

If we are going to recover from our economic woes, we need more revenue. We can't only cut our way to any kind of prosperity.

You can't cut enough to pay for the wars, the unpaid for tax cuts and the unpaid for Medicare part D. We need more revenue and a large majority of millionaires recognize it. Why can't the GnOP?

And nothing is stopping them from writing out a check "Payable to US Treasury Department"...

And that is a really ridiculous argument. Nothing is stopping neocon war hawks from sending THEIR children off to fight the wars they get us in to either...

If we are going to recover from our economic woes, we need more revenue. We can't only cut our way to any kind of prosperity.

You can't cut enough to pay for the wars, the unpaid for tax cuts and the unpaid for Medicare part D. We need more revenue and a large majority of millionaires recognize it. Why can't the GnOP?

OMG. gawd FORBID the Guberment has to CUT something. No lets just dump it on the heads of the people WHO WORK.

Arguing to the wrong guy. I'm all for making having a family member in the military a requirement for public office. We'd fight less war then.

(Although we don't have "children" in the military. We have serious adults who made a conscious decision to serve their country.)

I don't disagree that we will probably have to raise taxes on the rich and the middle class. But before we get ANYWHERE near doing that, the government has to demonstrate that it can budget responsibly.

I've never seen a tax increase at any level that wasn't immediately followed by a spending increase.

Arguing to the wrong guy. I'm all for making having a family member in the military a requirement for public office. We'd fight less war then.

(Although we don't have "children" in the military. We have serious adults who made a conscious decision to serve their country.)

I don't disagree that we will probably have to raise taxes on the rich and the middle class. But before we get ANYWHERE near doing that, the government has to demonstrate that it can budget responsibly.

I've never seen a tax increase at any level that wasn't immediately followed by a spending increase.

Yep. The Govt has to quite spending like money grows on a tree.

And seriously if revenue is their game then the middle class is the place to go. Sure you can tax the rich but there aren't enough of them to make a difference. Middle class, loaded.

IMO this is nothing more than a class warfare ploy. Tax the Rich even when taxinig the rich doesn't amount to a hill of beans in the revenue dept.

As for those millionaires who say they arent' taxed enough, let em write a check to the IRS. The Govt will take their money no questions asked.

Last edited:

OMG. gawd FORBID the Guberment has to CUT something. No lets just dump it on the heads of the people WHO WORK.

With current revenues, we need to cut half of all federal spending. I know some of you loons would approve of that, but most sensible Americans understand how devastating that would be to everyone.

So taxes should be voluntary but military service compulsory. Riiiggghhhttt...

We've already HAD the spending increase WITHOUT the tax increase...in fact, we increased spending and CUT taxes. Stupid, stupid and more stupid.

Millionaires Support Warren Buffett’s Tax on the Rich - The Wealth Report - WSJ

A new survey from Spectrem Group found that 68% of millionaires (those with investments of $1 million or more) support raising taxes on those with $1 million or more in income. Fully 61% of those with net worths of $5 million or more support the tax on million-plus earners.

Explains George Walper of Spectrem: “What this tells us is that there are a number of wealthy folks who said: ‘Gee, we need to increase taxes to stimulate the economy. No one likes to be taxed more, but the reality is maybe it has to be done.’ ”

Walper added that he was also surprised at the positive reactions to Buffett’s political agenda. “I thought that among this group there would be a feeling of ‘why doesn’t he keep his nose out of it?’”

:eusa_clap:

As soon as Buffet pays his billion in back taxes. Your story will start to have some credibility. Until then the other rebuttals will just have to wait.

And seriously if revenue is their game then the middle class is the place to go. Sure you can tax the rich but there aren't enough of them to make a difference. Middle class, loaded.

IMO this is nothing more than a class warfare ploy. Tax the Rich even when taxinig the rich doesn't amount to a hill of beans in the revenue dept.

As for those millionaires who say they arent' taxed enough, let em write a check to the IRS. The Govt will take their money no questions asked.

Without a doubt, taxes must be raised on the middle class also. It's not just about the rich. But most of you will argue that we should cut taxes on the rich even more than we have, because if we don't, they won't provide us with any jobs. I guess if you say it enough times, you figure we'll all start believing it sooner or later, even when the evidence suggests just the opposite.

The "they should write a check" argument is childish. Using that logic, anyone who is against abortion should have to adopt an unwanted child. Anyone who supports war should have to fight it and on and on.

Here's an analogy for the "they can write a check" folks:

Two people go to a restaurant for dinner. They both order the same thing. When the server brings the check, it comes to $100 ($50 each). One guy says it was the best meal ever, easily worth $50. The other guy agrees but doesn't think it was worth $50. Should the guy that thinks it wasn't overpriced have to pick up the difference for the guy that did?

So taxes should be voluntary but military service compulsory. Riiiggghhhttt...

We've already HAD the spending increase WITHOUT the tax increase...in fact, we increased spending and CUT taxes. Stupid, stupid and more stupid.

I wouldn't mind seeing compulsary national service. Obviously, some choices other than the military for those who are afraid of guns and such...

My point was, let's say we had a division made up of the relatives of politicians and the wealthy. Betcha they'd think twice about going to war friviously, doncha think?

We never should have increased spending. That's the problem. Government at all levels eats up 6 Trillion out of a 14 trillion dollar economy. That's what we need to get a handle on before you come back to the rest of us and say, "You need to pay more, even though we are wasting most of what we already take from you."

The "they should write a check" argument is childish. Using that logic, anyone who is against abortion should have to adopt an unwanted child. Anyone who supports war should have to fight it and on and on.

Here's an analogy for the "they can write a check" folks:

Two people go to a restaurant for dinner. They both order the same thing. When the server brings the check, it comes to $100 ($50 each). One guy says it was the best meal ever, easily worth $50. The other guy agrees but doesn't think it was worth $50. Should the guy that thinks it wasn't overpriced have to pick up the difference for the guy that did?

No, but he should pay what he said he thinks he should pay.

The problem is, if you order from a resturant, you agreed to a price before you got the food. We never agreed to most of what government does to waste our money.

Without a doubt, taxes must be raised on the middle class also. It's not just about the rich. But most of you will argue that we should cut taxes on the rich even more than we have, because if we don't, they won't provide us with any jobs. I guess if you say it enough times, you figure we'll all start believing it sooner or later, even when the evidence suggests just the opposite.

I agree. If your going to raise taxes then raise taxes on everybody not just one group.

I'm not in favor of tax cuts either. They also need to plug all the tax loopholes and get rid of some of the tax credits and subsidies.

Spending is the Biggest problem in my book though. Govt needs to cut spending and waste big time. We are broke and they just keep spending like theres a bottomless supply of it.

Shit. If I handled my money the way the Clowns in DC handle the taxpayers money I'd have been in the poor house long ago.

Yes lets explain it like that so people dont know we are fucking things up by attacking business with the fair share chant and adding regulation.

I REPEAT THOSE ARE NOT FACTORS THAT SHOULD NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED

Got it!!

Forum List

Back