Magnitude 10 Earthquake Will Hit Earth

However, I do disagree with you on the magnitude of difficulty when she lets go again. It will be catastrophic for the US and depending on the prevailing winds for Canada or Mexico as well. Europe will suffer the cooling effects but shouldn't suffer from the ash clouds too much.

That's the thing. It's not about ash clouds. Volcanic winters result from gases released into the atmosphere. Some reflect solar energy, while others absorb it, which results in globally cooler temperatures. Most people don't realize that we've all lived through years of volcanic winter at various points in our lives, unless you're very young.

The same thing happened in the Long Valley Caldera of California 700,000 years ago and it killed most everything on the west coast and left measurable quantities of ash (the Bishop Tuff) in the Mid Atlantic Ridge.

That is inaccurate. The Long Valley super-eruption was not actually the cause of the widespread ash. The eruption itself caused the collapse of the magma chamber, which then resulted in a secondary ash eruption. The ash reached across much of the west coast, though was mostly local, and formed resultingly formed the Bishop Tuff.

Yes entirely normal. Look for a magnitude 7 at least once a year. Magnitude 8's around once every ten years.
The Earthquake that hit Washington DC 1 month back was magnitude 7.

Pentagon was emptied/evacuated and White house must also have been shaken.

Anyway, white house was shaken 2 and half years back.

Now this is 100% political discussion.

lol at this misinformed fool

Damn! The end of the world again!

Yeah, and every Apocalypse it's the same - I never have anything organised.
This time I'm going to get sorted and do something - get a few friends over, have a barbecue and some beers...who knows.

Actually an earthquake is of this earth it does not come from outside and "hit" the earth.
It is also a perfectly normal thing for the planet earth.

So from the responses I guess this guy is pretty religious, I am a lil myself

If this were to happen tomorrow wouldn't you think its the way God intended it, if we get the technology to prevent, predict, or rebuild then He must want us to continue... I'm not sure, I let Him take care of the things out of my control. I suggest you go to school for this and make yourself useful rather than relying on more intelligent and rich people to bail you out, it won't happen and honestly it's pretty pathetic.

Watch Japan Earthquake videos and you will understand what I mean.

40 to 50 storey buildings were shaking and swaying from one side to another.

Cars were bouncing on the streets because the whole Earth was moving up and down.

USA Discussions not Allowed on British Forum

USA helped England in World war 2 otherwise England would have been defeated.

Majority of republican politicians in USA are from Ireland or Germany.

British and Americans do not need visa to travel to USA and England.

But this big British forum does not allow USA discussion and the threads are deleted by moderators.

They should not bite the hand that feeds them and protects them.

Here is the link to big British forum

MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

However, I do disagree with you on the magnitude of difficulty when she lets go again. It will be catastrophic for the US and depending on the prevailing winds for Canada or Mexico as well. Europe will suffer the cooling effects but shouldn't suffer from the ash clouds too much.

That's the thing. It's not about ash clouds. Volcanic winters result from gases released into the atmosphere. Some reflect solar energy, while others absorb it, which results in globally cooler temperatures. Most people don't realize that we've all lived through years of volcanic winter at various points in our lives, unless you're very young.

The same thing happened in the Long Valley Caldera of California 700,000 years ago and it killed most everything on the west coast and left measurable quantities of ash (the Bishop Tuff) in the Mid Atlantic Ridge.

That is inaccurate. The Long Valley super-eruption was not actually the cause of the widespread ash. The eruption itself caused the collapse of the magma chamber, which then resulted in a secondary ash eruption. The ash reached across much of the west coast, though was mostly local, and formed resultingly formed the Bishop Tuff.

Partially correct, the particulates in the atmosphere take decades to fall that results in increased albedo which causes a corresponding drop in global temperatures exacerbated by the sulfur dioxide injected into the atmosphere at the same time.

As far as the Long Valley eruption goes the phreato magmatic explosion to which you refer was indeed the beginning of the eruption but the eruption was a continuous process that lasted for a week to ten days and resulted in the evacuation of the magma chamber. That's the nature of a rhyolitic magma with its high levels of silica and attendent high levels of viscosity of the magma.

Further, the ignimbrites associated with these types of eruptions can travel tens of kilometers destroying quite literally everything in their path.

Cars were bouncing on the streets because the whole Earth was moving up and down.

Yeah, but the tall buildings are still standing aren't they. The tsunami is what did the damage in Japan. Water in large volume like that is a mother. Nothing stops it.

if the whole Earth was moving up and down, why didn't I feel it?

Because you're not sensitive enough...that's why! At least that's what she said!

So from the responses I guess this guy is pretty religious, I am a lil myself

If this were to happen tomorrow wouldn't you think its the way God intended it, if we get the technology to prevent, predict, or rebuild then He must want us to continue... I'm not sure, I let Him take care of the things out of my control. I suggest you go to school for this and make yourself useful rather than relying on more intelligent and rich people to bail you out, it won't happen and honestly it's pretty pathetic.

Or you could thank the people that made the technology that saved your sorry ass.

Not to mention it's projected to take several hundred thousand years more to build of the pressure necessary to have it blow.

if the whole Earth was moving up and down, why didn't I feel it?

Because you're not sensitive enough...that's why! At least that's what she said!
well, she 'did' kind of brush me off when I asked if the Earth moved.

Forum List

Back