Macintosh monitors

Slyhunter

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2014
Florida
I got a job as tier 1 IT Customer Service and they are giving me a free computer to use but I'm expected to provide monitors and keyboards. Will the monitors and keyboards I use on my HP Windows computer work? I use that plug and play plug for both mouse and keyboard. One monitor uses standard small three row of prongs plug and the other monitor is a flat piece of metal cut weird that plugs into place.

I got a job as tier 1 IT Customer Service and they are giving me a free computer to use but I'm expected to provide monitors and keyboards. Will the monitors and keyboards I use on my HP Windows computer work? I use that plug and play plug for both mouse and keyboard. One monitor uses standard small three row of prongs plug and the other monitor is a flat piece of metal cut weird that plugs into place.

Sounds like your monitors nw are plugged into 1-HDMI and 1-VGA? I don't know for sure but I never heard of any special mouse, keybord or monitor setup for AAPL? Someone here will know.

Standard three row of plugs?? For a computer monitor?
Monitor is either VGA (really old) SVGA (old) DVI (outdated but not that old) or HDMI (newer) or Display Port (new)
And if it is a MAC...why would they give you a MAC for IT support for Windows?
And...not to be a smart-ass, but how did you land a job as IT support for MACs if you don't know the answer to what kind of monitor works with a MAC?
Any keyboard will work on a MAC, but you will need to map the keys if you don't use a Apple keyboard.

Monitor is either VGA (really old) SVGA (old) DVI (outdated but not that old) or HDMI (newer) or Display Port (new)
And...not to be a smart-ass, but how did you land a job as IT support for MACs if you don't know the answer to what kind of monitor works with a MAC?
Any keyboard will work on a MAC, but you will need to map the keys if you don't use a Apple keyboard.
I took a test and they hired me to be IT for Mac. I've never used a Mac.
By video plug I have a small plug plugged into an adapter and the long plug plugged into my computer. And an HDMI.
They plan on giving me 2 weeks of training before putting me on the phones.

I took a test and they hired me to be IT for Mac. I've never used a Mac.
By video plug I have a small plug plugged into an adapter and the long plug plugged into my computer. And an HDMI.
They plan on giving me 2 weeks of training before putting me on the phones.

Doesn't make a lot of sense.
MACs need very little IT support.
The only support needed is Windows folks transitioning to the differences between the two operating systems, and the MAC itself comes with pretty solid transitioning tools/tutorials.
MAC is built on a *nix platform, the OS itself is extremely stable, but upon the rarity something goes wrong - you have to know how to use the shell. And that is most definitely not something you will learn in 2 weeks.

If what you say is true, then this is why online IT support is so terrible with you knowing more about the system then they do.

Forum List

Back