Mac Studio Delivers Extreme Power

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
This is not your standard workstation Mac, it's geared towards music producers, video editors, photo editors, programmers, AR and ML designers, scientists, 3D modelers, and anyone else who needs a ton of computing power and flexibility.

This has more a lot more computing power than the Mac Pro series at a much lower price and a size a little larger than the Mac Mini. Unlike the Mac Pro which starts at $8000 and runs up to $52,000 this one starts at $2000, a sixth of the price.

iu

As I stated in another thread the M1chip is a game changer.

Mac Studio vs. Mac Pro and Mac mini: Apple delivers extreme power | ZDNet

This is not your standard workstation Mac, it's geared towards music producers, video editors, photo editors, programmers, AR and ML designers, scientists, 3D modelers, and anyone else who needs a ton of computing power and flexibility. This has more a lot more computing power than the Mac Pro series at a much lower price and a size a little larger than the Mac Mini. Unlike the Mac Pro which starts at $8000 and runs up to $52,000 this one starts at $2000, a sixth of the price. As I stated in another thread the M1chip is a game changer.

I have a Mac Pro and believe me, it is no slouch. It runs four 2TB Hitachi drives as one massive virtual RAID drive into a Nahelem processor policed by a $1200.00 controller card that backs up every read/write operation.

P1201791.JPG

The Studio is a rather specialized computer optimized specifically for extremely aggressive video editing the likes of which George Lucus might need.

But yeah-- -- if you can afford them, there is nothing like any of the Mac professional desktop computing stations, from the advanced amateur to Disney Studios.

We have had two Mac Pros over the years... you just couldn't slow them down.
You could have Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, Quark all running at the same time with large art files open in them... and they didn't even blink. Plus... also they were made of titanium...and well... that is just cool.

Forum List

Back