Love Letters!

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUdiQWxps5E]Mike and the Mechanics - The Living Years ( HQ sound - with Lyrics ) - YouTube[/ame]

A few years go the topic on a TV show was 'Love letter to our parents.' This song was the opener and there was a lot of discussion about parent child relationships. And some on the show had written beautiful love letters to their parents.

My parents are gone, but this year, I think for Valentine's day, I'm going to take some time and write love letters to my children. Real love letters that show them I know who they are, what they have become, and love them for it. They both stand ready to make tremendous sacrifices for me should I need it. But even if they didn't they are terrific kids.

What about you. Is there anyone you want to write to this year and set things right, or just to let them know you appreciate who they are as I do with mine?

Last edited:
If I remember rightly, he wrote that song as a tribute to his dad.

I think that is correct. And he hit the nail on the head about the generations. I am fortunate to have passed on that loyal Irish blood to my children.

great idea sunshine.

Love letters to all you love is a great idea anytime

Forum List

Back