LOTR trilogy

I hadn't seen any of the Lord of the Rings trilogy until yesterday when I had the day off work and decided to rent all three on DVD. I watched them all, in order, of course and loved them.

The overall production of the movies was top notch. The acting, special effects, story, and sound were all excellent. I was enthralled with the complex, multilayered story and the character development was interesting. The special effects were mostly computer graphics, which in alot of movies I don't care for, but in this one is works great blending seamlessly into the picture.

My only complaint was that the volume of the music and sound effects were too much louder than the volume of the dialogue. Especially, when everyone is using english accents, (I don't know why, I mean they weren't in England), it made the words hard to understand. Fortunately, since it was on DVD I just used the subtitles and they came in very handy. Also, certain elements of the story, I thought could have been longer, and explained more in depth, while others could have been shortened or cut out completely. This would have just been my take on how I would have done it. Overall, though in the end I was pleasantly surprised by the level of quality in these movies.

One part Willow, one part Final Fantasy, one part Fist of the North Star, one part Star Wars, and one part Excalibur and you have the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The best looking and most modern fantasy series out there, if not just a tad cluttered in the story dept. These movies are really a showcase for how good a movie can be made with all of our technologies that we have nowadays. I mean, remember the old animated movie, the Hobbit? Just compare the two. I rest my case.

LOTR trilogy...A modern thrilling fantasy experience. 10/10 stars

Captain_Steel said:
I hadn't seen any of the Lord of the Rings trilogy until yesterday when I had the day off work and decided to rent all three on DVD. I watched them all, in order, of course and loved them.

The overall production of the movies was top notch. The acting, special effects, story, and sound were all excellent. I was enthralled with the complex, multilayered story and the character development was interesting. The special effects were mostly computer graphics, which in alot of movies I don't care for, but in this one is works great blending seamlessly into the picture.

My only complaint was that the volume of the music and sound effects were too much louder than the volume of the dialogue. Especially, when everyone is using english accents, (I don't know why, I mean they weren't in England), it made the words hard to understand. Fortunately, since it was on DVD I just used the subtitles and they came in very handy. Also, certain elements of the story, I thought could have been longer, and explained more in depth, while others could have been shortened or cut out completely. This would have just been my take on how I would have done it. Overall, though in the end I was pleasantly surprised by the level of quality in these movies.

One part Willow, one part Final Fantasy, one part Fist of the North Star, one part Star Wars, and one part Excalibur and you have the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The best looking and most modern fantasy series out there, if not just a tad cluttered in the story dept. These movies are really a showcase for how good a movie can be made with all of our technologies that we have nowadays. I mean, remember the old animated movie, the Hobbit? Just compare the two. I rest my case.

I agree, freakin' awesome movies.

BTW, if you watch the extended versions, it does explain stuff a little better. :)

Captain_Steel said:

Theyre called books!! :)

I only saw the first and third movies, so that may have something to do with my opinion, but I didn't really care for these movies all that much. The first one was pretty good, though I had a little trouble keeping track of what was going on, but the third one was a little too melodramatic, even for me. I was expecting Frodo and Sam to start making out on top of the volcano at the end. I will say that the special effects in these movies are the best I've ever seen, hands down. And, since I'm not really a fan of sci-fi/fantasy, I was probably a little biased from the beginning. Oh, well, I'm sure most of you wouldn't think of Chasing Amy as the greatest movie ever, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Forum List

Back