Looks like taxpayers get to pay for Bradley Manning's confused life

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Wonderful !

What a fucked time we live in. You can join the military, become a traitor, and demand that your country pay for a sex change.
I swear, I'm ready to get off this train.

Pentagon pushes Manning transfer for gender treatment

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon is trying to transfer convicted national security leaker Pvt. Chelsea Manning to a civilian prison so she can get treatment for her gender disorder, a Defense official said Wednesday.

Manning, formerly named Bradley, was convicted of sending classified documents to anti-secrecy website WikiLeaks.

The Associated Press first reported Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel's decision to move Manning early Wednesday, and Rear Adm. John Kirby, Hagel's spokesman, confirmed it to The New York Times later Wednesday morning.

The Army has asked the Pentagon to approve moving Manning to a federal prison.

The soldier has asked for hormone therapy and to be able to live as a woman. Transgenders are not allowed to serve in the U.S. military and the Defense Department does not provide such treatment. The Department of Veterans Affairs, however, does provide the treatment for veterans.

On a web site dedicated to Manning's defense, she wrote recently that she was waiting to receive health care for gender issues.

STORY: Transgender troops hail Hagel's announcement

"In August, I requested that the military provide me with a treatment plan consistent with the recognized professional standards of care for trans health," Manning wrote. "They quickly evaluated me and informed me that they came up with a proposed treatment plan. However, I have not seen yet seen their treatment plan, and in over eight months, I have not received any response as to whether the plan will be approved or disapproved, or whether it follows the guidelines of qualified health professionals."

At Manning's trial last year, her attorneys argued that she had been disillusioned by the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and believed the release of the documents, including diplomatic cables and military reports, should be seen by the public. Prosecutors called the leaks, which vaulted Julian Assange and his WikiLeaks organization to international prominence, treasonous.

On Sunday, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel indicated that he was open to reviewing the Pentagon's policy of automatically discharging transgender troops. A review is the first step in changing or scrapping military policies.

Recent research could support Hagel if he chooses to overturn the policy. A report by former U.S. Surgeon General Joyceyln Elders, sponsored by a LGBT advocacy group, noted that denying transgender troops hormone treatment is inconsistent with treating personnel rely with prescribed medications, including anabolic steroids, and reconstructive surgery.

The report estimates that there are 15,000 transgender troops in the ranks.

But officials say Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has given the Army approval to work on a transfer plan with the Federal Bureau of Prisons, which does provide treatment for transgender inmates.

The officials weren't authorized to discuss the case and spoke anonymously.

The Liberals are in total support of this...
The normal people find it unbelievable.

It's amazing. This guy deserves nothing more than to serve out his sentence, then when he is out, he can pay for the surgery on his own dime.
The taxpayers don't deserve this kind of abuse.

The Pentagon is a political arm, not military. This is really beyond the pale. It feels very much like society is nearing its end days; there is no fucking common sense at all anymore.

I'm all in favor of cutting his balls off but he's in jail. So let him go about that himself on the inside like guys who want tattoos do. Find the best 'artist' and tell 'em to have at it.

The Liberals are in total support of this...
The normal people find it unbelievable.

Of course Liberals support this....it's all part of their plans to destroy America. The economy and social structure of the country are kaput. Destroying the Military is the next logical step.

Wonderful !

What a fucked time we live in. You can join the military, become a traitor, and demand that your country pay for a sex change.
I swear, I'm ready to get off this train.

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon is trying to transfer convicted national security leaker Pvt. Chelsea Manning to a civilian prison so she can get treatment for her gender disorder, a Defense official said Wednesday.

Manning, formerly named Bradley, was convicted of sending classified documents to anti-secrecy website WikiLeaks.

The Associated Press first reported Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel's decision to move Manning early Wednesday, and Rear Adm. John Kirby, Hagel's spokesman, confirmed it to The New York Times later Wednesday morning.

The Army has asked the Pentagon to approve moving Manning to a federal prison.

The soldier has asked for hormone therapy and to be able to live as a woman. Transgenders are not allowed to serve in the U.S. military and the Defense Department does not provide such treatment. The Department of Veterans Affairs, however, does provide the treatment for veterans.

On a web site dedicated to Manning's defense, she wrote recently that she was waiting to receive health care for gender issues.

STORY: Transgender troops hail Hagel's announcement

"In August, I requested that the military provide me with a treatment plan consistent with the recognized professional standards of care for trans health," Manning wrote. "They quickly evaluated me and informed me that they came up with a proposed treatment plan. However, I have not seen yet seen their treatment plan, and in over eight months, I have not received any response as to whether the plan will be approved or disapproved, or whether it follows the guidelines of qualified health professionals."

At Manning's trial last year, her attorneys argued that she had been disillusioned by the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and believed the release of the documents, including diplomatic cables and military reports, should be seen by the public. Prosecutors called the leaks, which vaulted Julian Assange and his WikiLeaks organization to international prominence, treasonous.

On Sunday, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel indicated that he was open to reviewing the Pentagon's policy of automatically discharging transgender troops. A review is the first step in changing or scrapping military policies.

Recent research could support Hagel if he chooses to overturn the policy. A report by former U.S. Surgeon General Joyceyln Elders, sponsored by a LGBT advocacy group, noted that denying transgender troops hormone treatment is inconsistent with treating personnel rely with prescribed medications, including anabolic steroids, and reconstructive surgery.

The report estimates that there are 15,000 transgender troops in the ranks.

But officials say Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has given the Army approval to work on a transfer plan with the Federal Bureau of Prisons, which does provide treatment for transgender inmates.

The officials weren't authorized to discuss the case and spoke anonymously.

What if he had Apotemnophilia? Would taxpayers have to pay for that too?

Apotemnophilia is "sexual arousal based on the image or fantasy of one's self as an amputee". So they pay doctors to whack off legs, arms, hands, etc. Most doctors refuse saying it is a mental illness. So they go to the extreme of hurting themselves to assure amputation. This is completely normal to them, it is mental issue. Or he might have Body integrity identity disorder.. Again they demand healthy limbs are removed.

Apotemnophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Body integrity identity disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Should taxpayers pay for that as well?

Forum List

Back