Looks Like Students May Have To Begin Paying Their Tax Payer Subsidized Debts Again

Wow. That's an impressive list. The downside is if most of it gets done it could save Biden's presidency.

That's what happened in the 1990s when Clinton was foundering seriously, especially after Hillary's disastrous healthcare overhaul that even the Democrats wouldn't vote for. Newt Gingrich and his GOP reformers, aided by Tim Penny's coalition of roughly 30 or so more conservative Democrats, forced a reluctant Clinton into tax cuts, welfare reform and other measures that restored a healthy economy and American confidence. It not only saved his presidency but earned him re-election in 1996.

I sure don't want Biden re-elected but I don't want all that crap the Democrats are trying to force onto us either.
A democrat president willing to compromise with a Republican Congress can do incredible things. We saw it happen when Bubba was willing to buck his party to save his own skin and Newt forced the budget the closest it's been to balanced in a very long time. It remains to be seen if Quid Pro is really willing to do what's right for the country instead of the natterers in his own party.

It remains to be seen if Quid Pro is really willing to do what's right for the country instead of the natterers in his own party.

He's doing what is right to salvage his own ass, is what he's doing.

Democrats will always care more about a Default on the National Debt than Republicans.

Why?

Because they know that exceeding the Debt Limit would torch their limitless money printer into oblivion.

The music stops, the party's over.

And, for once, Republicans leveraged their superior position in this game of political chicken to actually win a few victories.

I'm pleased as punch.

They borrowed it they need to repay it

It's not the taxpayer's responsibility
Plus the degrees are way overpriced. Democrats turned government backed student loans into a money laundering cash cow that kicks back money to Dem politicians. Leaving the students with student loans the size of a home mortgage that are not worth anywhere close to what they cost. Now the students are enslaved to DEBT.

I swear Dems wreck everything they corrupt little bastards touch.

Last edited:
Democrats turned government backed student loans into a money laundering cash cow that kicks backs money to Dem politicians.

Yep, the government subsidies guarantee no risk for the universities to simply keep raising the cost of tuition.

The Government is the problem, student loans should be private.

But as long as the gravy train's a' rollin' - I'm glad we will no longer be subsidizing the interest to the tune of 5 billion a month because of "COVID".

What a giant load of BS that is.

Plus the degrees are way overpriced. Democrats turned government backed student loans into a money laundering cash cow that kicks backs money to Dem politicians. Leaving the students with student loans the size of a home mortgage that are not worth anywhere close to what they cost. Now the students are enslaved to DEBT.

I swear Dems wreck everything they corrupt little bastards touch.

My husband and I paid our loans back.

I have no sympathy for these leeches demanding I pay for theirs

My husband and I paid our loans back.

I have no sympathy for these leeches demanding I pay for theirs

I know some might disagree with me, but I feel that I think these entitled liberals that don't think they should have to pay back student loans feel that way because they never actually saw any funds exchange hands. They signed a document, and walked out the door. A week or so later they started attending classes. They didn't have to work for anything they had, the money was just numbers on a sheet of paper. Something they can't POSSIBLY be expected to pay back. It never existed in the first place, right?

I know some might disagree with me, but I feel that I think these entitled liberals that don't think they should have to pay back student loans feel that way because they never actually saw any funds exchange hands. They signed a document, and walked out the door. A week or so later they started attending classes. They didn't have to work for anything they had, the money was just numbers on a sheet of paper. Something they can't POSSIBLY be expected to pay back. It never existed in the first place, right?

Bingo.

And the lenders can't use a degree as collateral.

Yet students think they should be able to discharge a debt in bankruptcy that they already reaped the benefits of.

Totally clueless.

Bingo.

And the lenders can't use a degree as collateral.

Yet students think they should be able to discharge a debt in bankruptcy that they already reaped the benefits of.

Totally clueless.

I feel that any student that does not pay back all loans within 10 years of graduation should have their degree pulled. No different than if you sign a document saying you will pay off your mortgage in 20 years. At 20 years and 6 months, you lose the house. And they should be required to tell their employer that they are no longer a college graduate because they didn't pay off their student loans so they lost the degree.

And before any liberals pipe in here saying "They earned the degree, they did the work" I say, that was contingent on them paying for the instruction they got. They were allowed to take classes and earn a degree before paying for it. Had the school known they would have defaulted on the loans, they would have never been allowed inside a classroom so they wouldn't have the degree.

Well it is pretty simple,
One party wants to invest in Education and allow selection to collage to merit based rather than having an income qualifier.

Other one would rather the economy dies than see one red cent going to anyone else but themselves...

Education should be free... Why? Because somewhere along the line it was always meant to be... It is what we give to our children of our society... It shouldn't commoditized and sold like everything else..

One party wants to invest in Education and allow selection to collage to merit based rather than having an income qualifier.

Other one would rather the economy dies than see one red cent going to anyone else but themselves...

Education should be free... Why? Because somewhere along the line it was always meant to be... It is what we give to our children of our society... It shouldn't commoditized and sold like everything else..

Education is free.

Higher education is not. UNLESS you work really hard and get a scholarship.

weird, not sure where you live, but where I live we believe educators, teachers, administration, support staff etc, should be paid for their time and efforts....not work for free.

Wow, that's all pretty rich considering that working class Americans have been subsidizing the interest on the loans of the often more affluent college degree holders to the tune of 5 billion a month for the past three freakin' years.

Details, details.

Wow, that's all pretty rich considering that working class Americans have been subsidizing the interest on the loans of the often more affluent college degree holders to the tune of 5 billion a month for the past three freakin' years.

Details, details.

Yea, liberals are too stupid to understand that loans like this don't just vanish for 3 years, THEY ACCUMULATE INTEREST that the taxpayer has to dish out and that they original borrower doesn't have to pay because you can't tell someone they don't have to pay on a loan but then make it accumulate interest the entire time. No, that's on the taxpayer.

Fucking liberals. Leeches of society.

Yea, liberals are too stupid to understand that loans like this don't just vanish for 3 years, THEY ACCUMULATE INTEREST that the taxpayer has to dish out and that they original borrower doesn't have to pay because you can't tell someone they don't have to pay on a loan but then make it accumulate interest the entire time. No, that's on the taxpayer.

You mean stiffing the tax payers with someone else's debt isn't "forgiveness"?

I guess maybe for the original debtor, for everyone else it's a ponzi scheme.

and that they original borrower doesn't have to pay because you can't tell someone they don't have to pay on a loan but then make it accumulate interest the entire time. No, that's on the taxpayer.

But don't worry, I'm sure large amounts of people did the fiscally responsible thing and paid down their principals interest free over the last few years.

Amirite? ;)

Education is free.

Higher education is not. UNLESS you work really hard and get a scholarship.
So not a right like in other countries...

Other Countries it is merit based... i.e. based on your academic record only...

Scholarships is not equitable... It is drippings off the table in Educational standards..

Other countries will do better because they are educating their brightest with no pre qualifiers...

Forum List

Back