Looking.........

TENAC

Rookie
Mar 23, 2009
Tennessee
Greetings!

I was looking for some information regarding USMB.

Myself and several others from another board are looking for a new place to post. It seems Belief Net is over moderating/regulating. If anyone here can help me, I would appreciate it.

1. Is the board over balanced with either liberal or conservative posters?

2. Do the moderators maintain a fair (not perfect) sense of balance between the ideologies?

3. It looked like the rules are few. Though a closely leaning anarchists, we need some rules, does it seem adequate here?

4. Good number of daily postings?

5. Do moderators moderate or legislate?

6. How many active posters (daily) are here? Either political stripe?

7. Are any areas out of bounds or automatically deleted?

8. Do you feel the exchanges here are fair or is it all slander or some mix?

9. Do people generally comply when asked to source something?

I will stop there. I have posted on bnet for several years and have had it. The mix of liberal and conservative posters was about 30 lib, 5 conserv. So it was pretty balanced.

The moderators tended to be leftists. There were some good ones, even from that political persuasion, but the overall was way liberal. The reason for the move is simply equity of posting, good exchanges and learning.

Guys and Gals, any help would greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Rick

If you want your questions answered, try looking and posting yourself, rather than waiting for someone to hand you THEIR version of answers.

(30 libs vs. 5 cons is balanced?) :lol:

If you want your questions answered, try looking and posting yourself, rather than waiting for someone to hand you THEIR version of answers.

I know right?

Well, libs tend to argue without facts or create facts as they go. Not being critical, but descriptive. I have several liberal friends on bnet that I can exchange with, but they understand how we exchange when they come to the table.

Everyone is allowed an opinion, but if you are trying to bring it across as fact, if challenged, one should present a credible source (not a blog), otherwise its simply your opinion.

Do you not generally find a 30 - 5 a pretty good balance of political thought?!

Well, libs tend to argue without facts or create facts as they go. Not being critical, but descriptive. I have several liberal friends on bnet that I can exchange with, but they understand how we exchange when they come to the table.

Everyone is allowed an opinion, but if you are trying to bring it across as fact, if challenged, one should present a credible source (not a blog), otherwise its simply your opinion.

PEOPLE tend to argue without facts, or create facts as they go. Has nothing to do with what side of the political fence someone topples to.

I'm just saying, rather than expecting someone to do your work FOR you, why don't YOU hang around and decide for YOURSELF?

PEOPLE tend to argue without facts, or create facts as they go. Has nothing to do with what side of the political fence someone topples to.

I'm just saying, rather than expecting someone to do your work FOR you, why don't YOU hang around and decide for YOURSELF?

My work for me?

Hey, just trying to save time.

I know right?

do you really believe that on beliefnet, it was largely liberal?

methinks our collective legs are being pulled.

loling.....collective legs?

Yeah, they are a lot like that.......

Forum List

Back