Look what I found in my yard yesterday!

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
4leafclover004.jpg

And here's my bowl of pansies. They took a beating in the hail storm we had Thursday, but they are hanging in there!

4leafclover005.jpg

A lucky 4-leaf clover, that's good luck for seven years, Sunshine. :)

So, I'll be in good shape if I don't break a mirror!

Becki, check out the thread where I'm trying to identify some kind of scissor. You likely will know what it is called.

Good Lord! The luck of the Irish is with you. You should immediately run right out and buy a Lottery ticket.

I was looking for one of those yesterday...and you found it. It's the only weed I welcome in my yard.

LOL. The trick is to not look! I have never found one when I was looking. Yesterday, I was putting out my bird feeders and when I looked over the deck rail it caught my eye. I lived in another house several years ago and would always find them under the clothesline. Again, not looking. I would bend down to get something out of the basket and one would pop out. I didn't look for any others yesterday, but as I said, I have never found one looking for it.

I used to be good at finding them. Sit down in a patch and pull up at least one. Had a patch overflowing with them in our backyard in Alabama. Me and my little brother spent several afternoons pressing them in whatever we could find to press in. lol. Then the neighbor boy mowed them down when he mowed the rest of the yard. And then we moved.

Haven't found a single clover patch in Wisconsin to even start looking in! There are some clover-like plants but none that particular variety so far. :dunno:

I found one once when I was a little kid.
I still remember running into the house to show my Mom.
Would have been about 40 years ago I guess.

I used to be good at finding them. Sit down in a patch and pull up at least one. Had a patch overflowing with them in our backyard in Alabama. Me and my little brother spent several afternoons pressing them in whatever we could find to press in. lol. Then the neighbor boy mowed them down when he mowed the rest of the yard. And then we moved.

Haven't found a single clover patch in Wisconsin to even start looking in! There are some clover-like plants but none that particular variety so far. :dunno:

I've had clover in every yard I've owned. But this is the first 4 leaf I have found since the mid 60s.

O'rilly? :lol:

Those things are everywhere around here - it's some weird genetic mutation.

I have found some pretty weird things digging holes in my backyard tho...

I also find cool things that would be overlooked by the typical laymen but would be significant to a geologist.

Forum List

Back