Locke believed citizens were people who owned property

Not even.

Are we fascists because eight year olds can't vote?

We do not allow eight year olds to vote because we recognize that they do not have full rights under the law because they do not have the mental capacity to make all decisions in their best interests.

The idea that people don't have a stake in the system if they don't own property is absolutely ridiculous. Though laws to protect private property are important, it is not physical property that is the primary driver of wealth creation in this country. It is human capital. It is what is peoples' mind. The idea that a Silicon Valley entrepreneur who rents somehow has less invested in the system than some dumbass grade-eight educated hillbilly is bizarre. The richest people in America today are not people who derived their wealth from land like they were 200 years ago. They are people who have created new products.

What about felons? Illegal immigrants? Non-residents? There are countless classes of people not entitled to vote in this country. Yours is a non-argument.
As for your assertion that rch people do not get that way from property, I'd suggest a look at the Forbes 400 and see how many of them made money from property. Also check how many of them do not own property.
But the solution to that concern is what VA had: either a landowner or having a "freehold" (net worth) over a stated amount.

Not even.

Are we fascists because eight year olds can't vote?

We do not allow eight year olds to vote because we recognize that they do not have full rights under the law because they do not have the mental capacity to make all decisions in their best interests.

The idea that people don't have a stake in the system if they don't own property is absolutely ridiculous. Though laws to protect private property are important, it is not physical property that is the primary driver of wealth creation in this country. It is human capital. It is what is peoples' mind. The idea that a Silicon Valley entrepreneur who rents somehow has less invested in the system than some dumbass grade-eight educated hillbilly is bizarre. The richest people in America today are not people who derived their wealth from land like they were 200 years ago. They are people who have created new products.

What about felons? Illegal immigrants? Non-residents? There are countless classes of people not entitled to vote in this country. Yours is a non-argument.
As for your assertion that rch people do not get that way from property, I'd suggest a look at the Forbes 400 and see how many of them made money from property. Also check how many of them do not own property.
But the solution to that concern is what VA had: either a landowner or having a "freehold" (net worth) over a stated amount.

John Locke and John Adams would agree with you, Rab. American history since the early 19th-century repudiates your belief on this matter. We are not going back; you do know that, don't you?

We already are back...

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

So the guy out there paying 2000 a month rent is not a citizen, and I am, because I own land I bought and paid off 30 years ago?

That was the idea. You have a problem with it?

I do. I have a major problem with it. Why is it that certain groups of people among us are always trying to leaverage others out of thier rights? It is always the same mealy mouth pieces of shit that are constantly attempting to steal ...trick ... make deals that intentionally are aimed at hoarding power and displacing those who just want to be good citizens and get along? You know who I'm taliking about don't you Rabbi?

The truth is the truth, regardless who writes it, Rabbi. You are a corporatist elitist who wishes to disenfranchise citizens so that you can unethically and immorally lever economic opportunities to enrich yourself and oppress others. I am not wrong about this: everything you write reveals that is how you think.

I know the left may not understand this but Locke believed that a citizen was someone who owned property because government was formed to protect the property of each individual within the community therefore the only people who needed government were those that owned property therefore were citizens of that government.

I know it seems barbaric to say that only property owners are citizens but is it really that far fetched of an idea? When I have a dispute with another citizen over something I own I use my government to protect what I think is rightfully mine. It would not seem very plausible to go into a Canadian court and ask them to settle the dispute.

No, you dope. You have it backwards. Locke believed that only the rich/property owners needed government, and so the only purpose of government was to protect them. The thingy they needed protecting from? Us non-rich folks, unless you are Bill Gates. If you are Bill, fuck you I hate Word 7.

Also see, Adam Smith "The Wealth of Nations".

The Wealth of Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You'll all have to excuse ihopehefails for this particulary line of lunacy.

In keeping with his archaic views of the world, he recently underwent a bloodletting to treat a minor cold and his brain isn't receiving it's required supply of oxygen.

Huggy accurately describes Rabbi's hopes and deliberate intentions.

Does it disturb you that your views agree with a vile anti-Semite?

Why mince words ya slimey fuck? How about "Jew Hater"? My people , the Irish, are hard workers...not the thieves in the night that you represent. On a personal note how's this for a comparrison of ethics and values. My grandfather on my mom's side started a "penny bank" in the 30's to help working and non working people buy appliances and other modest purchases charging very low interest and forgiving those that failed to pay under those very difficult circumstances. He was very wealthy and there were few government programs to help the unemployed and destitute at that time. Your kind would only make loans if there was a high likelyhood that you could repossess something and make the borrowers life even harder. I don't have to put you down ..do I Rabbi?.. You know who and what you are. Go fuck yourself...now run along ....its a long day and I doubt you have met your quota of people to cheat today.

Leeches. Can't live with 'em. Can't fulfill all your sick, twisted medieval fantasies without 'em. I do give coo points to folks who have accessories for the "let's play dress up" times though.

*wanders off to look for my fur lined handcuffs...where the hell did I leave them last?....."

Last edited:
Huggy accurately describes Rabbi's hopes and deliberate intentions.

Why mince words ya slimey fuck? How about "Jew Hater"? My people , the Irish, are hard workers...not the thieves in the night that you represent. On a personal note how's this for a comparrison of ethics and values. My grandfather on my mom's side started a "penny bank" in the 30's to help working and non working people buy appliances and other modest purchases charging very low interest and forgiving those that failed to pay under those very difficult circumstances. He was very wealthy and there were few government programs to help the unemployed and destitute at that time. Your kind would only make loans if there was a high likelyhood that you could repossess something and make the borrowers life even harder. I don't have to put you down ..do I Rabbi?.. You know who and what you are. Go fuck yourself...now run along ....its a long day and I doubt you have met your quota of people to cheat today.

How many Irish sit on the Supreme Court? How many Irish have won the Nobel Prize? How many Irish head banks?
Your people are a bunch of low class drunks and trouble makers.

How many Irish sit on the Supreme Court? How many Irish have won the Nobel Prize? How many Irish head banks?
Your people are a bunch of low class drunks and trouble makers.

you two deserve each other.

Holy jesus, more and more dumb arguments from hacks. Not even worthy of a response if anybody really thinks that only property owners are citizens.

Government is there to protect our rights and freedom

When the Us was founded, most of the rest of the world was ruled by kings. In a kingdom, only the landowners had status. It is not surprising that some of the founders held this idea of citizenship.
Remember, women then didn't vote, and could only be beaten with a switch a large around as the thumb. Then there was that "peculiar institution" we call slavery.
I don't think it is an idea for today.

But those were the good old days, where white christian males had all the rights and were able to force everybody to live by their standards, according to the hacks

Forum List

Back