Linda Ronstadt Booed

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by freeandfun1, Jul 19, 2004.

1. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I haven't yet been able to find a story online to provide a link to, but a friend of mine went to a Linda Ronstadt concert here in Vegas this weekend. He, like me, is an ardent Bush supporter. About 1/2 way through the concert, she dedicated her song "Desperado" to Michael Moore. My friend told me she was nearly booed off the stage and that many, like himself, walked out.

This morning on the news they mentioned something about it, but I have not yet been able to find a story on the RJ's website. As soon as I find one, I will post it. I heard that something similar happened to her in LA recently after she made pro MM comments during a concert there.

The media keeps hyping up the anti-Bush rhetoric and therefore, it looks like a lot of Americans don't like Bush. However, I have a feeling that those that like Bush far outnumber those that don't. You see it in public displays such as this even if you don't see it in the media. These kinds of displays truly reflect what America thinks. I mean hell, the recent Woopie incident points even more favorably in Bush's direction than the media would have you believe. The owner of SlimFast is a HUGE democratic fundraiser, so he must have really been under pressure from his customers for him to do what he did.

It makes me feel better every time I hear about us Americans letting our voices be heard ABOVE those in the media.

2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    HERE WE GO!

Even better, apparently the HOTEL made her check out of her room after the concert as she was no longer welcomed.

3. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    :clap:

Good for them. They should have had her bags sitting on the sidewalk while she was still on stage.

Why did she even agree to give the concert if she has the attitude "If I annoy them enough, maybe they wont ask me back"... I'm a little confused about that one.

4. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Greed. Plus, it gave her a platform in which to blab her anti-Bush rhetoric. Every day the entertainment industry is putting more and more nails in their coffins. There is a growing backlash building up against the media elite and it going to cost them dearly if they are not careful.

I bet it is a cold day in Hell before Linda is invited back to play anywhere in Vegas.

5. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I guess thats what happens when you have to face consequences for the things you say. Of course she will play the martyr and say she is being persecuted for her beliefs.........

6. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    No she will say she is being "censored". That is the code word for "its not fair. WAA WAA WAA!"

7. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669

LOL Very true!!!! :beer:

8. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Hmmm...Is Linda Ronstadt's career strong enough to make it through too much political mouth running?!!

:D

9. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I thought she was already put out to pasture :tng:

10. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    she sure looks like she belongs in a pasture.