Limbaugh bust put under 24 hour security at Tax payer expensei

It's a shame the taxpayers have to defend a bust against a bunch of childish retards hell-bent on destroying anything of which they don't approve.

But they claim they are the most tolerant among us.

I think that is just a straw man isn't it?

I don't think most liberals actually claim that. I think conservatives just like to say that liberals claim that and you have drunk so much of the kool-Aid that you don't even know the difference.

Have you got any actual quotations of so called liberals actually saying your words "we are more tolerant than you because we are liberals?"

Missouri taxpayers fund 24-hour security camera for Limbaugh statue | The Raw Story

wdaf_limbaughbust_120525a-615x345.jpg

At the request of Republican lawmakers, taxpayers are funding a 24-hour security camera to watch over a Rush Limbaugh bust in the Missouri Capitol building.

State House Clerk Adam Crumbliss on Thursday told The Associated Press that he had authorized the $1,000 camera after Republican lawmakers expressed concerns about vandalism. Limbaugh’s statue is the only one in the Rotunda with 24-hour security.

“We recognize that there was a level of controversy around it, and we want to make sure that property is protected,” Crumbliss explained.

Yep, this guy is just like Bill Maher cause Bill has a bus...statu...pain..nope nothing.

Let's hear how Limbaugh is "just a radio personality" just like the other busts there....Like Mark Twain and Harry Truman :doubt:

Wait a minute!

It is not for us to say those words!

"B...b...but.....I'm just a radio personality....a...a...simple entertainer! I have no political power or influence...W...w...why I'm just a nobody" is what Rush himself says everytime he sticks his foot in his mouth with some idiotic comment that he shouldn't have said.

What do you expect when you make your living bloviating for three hours daily on the radio about subjects that you really know absolutely nothing about? Periodically SOMETHING stupid is going to slip out.

The bust of Rush should have been a bronze statue of a horse's ass with it's tail in the air getting ready to expel some of the material that Rush brainwashes his listeners with daily!

Tell that to the charities he donates millions to you liberal swine. As far as "bloviating" on subjects that one knows nothing about, look in the mirror jackass.

Rush has "raised and donated millions of dollars to the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation,which provides college scholarships to the children of Marines and veterans of other branches killed in action."

That charity is officially listed here.

MC-LEF_header.jpg

On Behalf of the Children We Serve

The recent war in Iraq has certainly illuminated America’s commitment to freedom. We are reminded that freedom is not free. The price is great.

No one knows that better than the left-behind sons and daughters of America’s fallen heroes.Through the continuous support of our donors, we have distributed aid with a value of more than $54,000,000.00 to eligible children.

This assistance was primarily rendered to children of Marines or Federal law enforcement personnel who were killed on duty or died under extraordinary circumstances while serving our country at home or abroad. These funds enable us to provide these children with scholarships for their higher education.

When a child of a United States Marine is afflicted with a physical or mental disability and requires special medical equipment or tutoring, our Foundation may grant financial assistance to that family if their personal insurance does not cover the complete cost of treatment for this child.

And he is a dedicated supporter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Rush does a major radio telethon for the foundation yearly to go along with his personal donations. And he's held this telethon for over 20 years now.

Every year for the past 20 years, Rush Limbaugh, controversial conservative radio host, holds an annual fund-raising telethon called the "EIB Cure-A-Thon" for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Today, Rush Limbaugh pledged a personal donation of $400,000, which was matched by two anonymous sisters in the Portland area. The sisters also participated in the 2009 EIB Cure-A-Thon.

Portland sisters join Rush Limbaugh in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Cure-A-Thon - Portland Religion & Politics | Examiner.com

Rush is a great American.
emoticon_americanFlag.gif

Oh so they should protect because they believe something could happen? Sounds like the argument for the patriot act, sept of homeland security and NDAA. Wait...but that paranoia is different because...uh...repubs now say they don't like those things.

Maybe it's who the bust is that changes their opinion?

Oh stop being so disingenuous and pissy. I'm sure if they ever make a bust of Keith Olbermann or Rachel Maddcow, you'll expect it to be protected with security. So you can stop being a Drama Queen now.

Missouri taxpayers fund 24-hour security camera for Limbaugh statue | The Raw Story

At the request of Republican lawmakers, taxpayers are funding a 24-hour security camera to watch over a Rush Limbaugh bust in the Missouri Capitol building.

State House Clerk Adam Crumbliss on Thursday told The Associated Press that he had authorized the $1,000 camera after Republican lawmakers expressed concerns about vandalism. Limbaugh’s statue is the only one in the Rotunda with 24-hour security.

“We recognize that there was a level of controversy around it, and we want to make sure that property is protected,” Crumbliss explained.

Yep, this guy is just like Bill Maher cause Bill has a bus...statu...pain..nope nothing.

Let's hear how Limbaugh is "just a radio personality" just like the other busts there....Like Mark Twain and Harry Truman :doubt:

oh nozies.

Limbaugh is just a radio personality. The need for a guard says a great deal about the alleged tolerant left.

Limbaugh is also a flame-thrower and his target is the left. Which one is intolerant? Limbaugh or the left or both?

What the heck does Bill Maher have to do with this? Maher and Limbaugh are nothing alike. People listen to Limbaugh.

:lol:

It's a shame the taxpayers have to defend a bust against a bunch of childish retards hell-bent on destroying anything of which they don't approve.

I don't think most liberals actually claim that. I think conservatives just like to say that liberals claim that and you have drunk so much of the kool-Aid that you don't even know the difference.

Have you got any actual quotations of so called liberals actually saying your words "we are more tolerant than you because we are liberals?"
It is now, but that was the mantra from liberals for decades. They were all so full of themselves for being so "open minded" and "tolerant." Well yes, now that's nothing more than a past line of CRAP, because there's no more vile, caustic, insulting and INTOLERANT animal on the planet than a fucking LEFTIST.

It is now, but that was the mantra from liberals for decades. They were all so full of themselves for being so "open minded" and "tolerant." Well yes, now that's nothing more than a past line of CRAP, because there's no more vile, caustic and insulting animal on the planet than a fucking LEFTIST.

Agreed. Just look at the leftist definition of "BiPartisan".

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

What the heck does Bill Maher have to do with this? Maher and Limbaugh are nothing alike. People listen to Limbaugh.

:lol:

Bill Maher Starts Fake Romney ‘Wifer’ Movement to Counter Birtherism

Yeah he belongs there, doesn't he?

Good call.

/OT

I disagree. The need is due to the left and the inability to actually be tolerant. :eusa_boohoo:

As a result, I wish the same for those friendly folks.

Oh, of course. The left is the intolerant group!

Obviously both sides have intolerant people. The fact that you, like many conservatives on this forum, generalize "the left" like they're one perfectly unified group shows belief in a logical fallacy (fallacy of generalization).

The basic liberal idea is that all people should be treated equally and be allowed to practice their own beliefs as long as they harm no nothing - and that people should not impose their beliefs upon others.

Generally when someone "on the left" is intolerant, it's intolerance of people who are intolerant! I'm sure some righters picture Greenpeace firebombing a Hummer dealership or drag queens beating up people in a church....

I'm pretty damn sure you'd be hard pressed to find someone who is scared to walk down the streets of Portland or San Francisco.

What about the streets of a rural, red South town?
I live in a red, South town. You'd be a hell of a lot safer here than in San Francisco.
I tell you what: Suppose Missouri did place a statue of Bill Maher or Michael Moore near the statue of Limbaugh and kept both under surveillance. Which one do you suppose would be vandalized more?

If you have any doubts, just go to the site of an OWS rally and compare the garbage and destruction left in its aftermath, to a TEA Party rally of similar size.

Except Maher and Moore are not even from Missouri so yes....I could see how there might be a problem there.

I don't get the whole Limbaugh bust thing anyway. I attended school at Southeast Missouri State so I am familiar with Cape Girardeau, Rush's hometown. Having lived there for years I also know a little about Rush and his family.

He comes from a pretty prominent family....there's even a street there named after them. Rush however is not the sharpest knife in the Limbaugh drawer! He hasn't DONE anything in his entire life to be commemorated for!

That is other than barely graduating from high school....then dropping out of college....then failing at almost everything he attempted...and being bailed out by his family each time.

His garbage about being some kind of "self made man" is just that....garbage! He's never "pulled himself up by his bootstraps," his family has always done it for him.

Does anyone REALLY think a person of humble background could ascend from the dirt and make the multi millions that Rush has....with NO talent to speak of whatsoever and no REAL qualifications or even knowledge of the real world by simply flapping their mouth three hours a day on the radio?

Not likely!

Don't think of Rush as any "success" story. He is FAR from it!

Think of him as a useful puppet who simply sold his soul for money. A mouthpiece for corporate America who hates democracy and who was conveniently installed in his position to keep a steady flow of propaganda out there to muddy the water after it became clear that he was never going to be any good at much else!

So why the bust?

Oh so they should protect because they believe something could happen? Sounds like the argument for the patriot act, sept of homeland security and NDAA. Wait...but that paranoia is different because...uh...repubs now say they don't like those things.

Oh stop being so disingenuous and pissy. I'm sure if they ever make a bust of Keith Olbermann or Rachel Maddcow, you'll expect it to be protected with security. So you can stop being a Drama Queen now.

The point is that a bust of Maddow or Olberman would not NEED protection except from ridicule. The people that disagree with these leftist loons do not shit on the street, pee on police cars or deface property. That kind of behavior is reserved for those "tolerant" liberals

The point is that a bust of Maddow or Olberman would not NEED protection except from ridicule. The people that disagree with these leftist loons do not shit on the street, pee on police cars or deface property. That kind of behavior is reserved for those "tolerant" liberals
..Or Randome OWS demonstrations of ignorance.

Limbaugh is just a radio personality. The need for a guard says a great deal about the alleged tolerant left.

It says more about the ignorance of Missourians.
You are correct. Educated people would never consider vandalizing a simple piece of artwork simply because they disagree with it politically. That was not mistyped either.

If you criminal liberals could be trusted, his bust wouldn't need guarding, but since we know what kind of people you are, his bust has to be guarded.

Forum List

Back