Light skin is only several thousand years old

Seems to be mutations from Northern Europe as in Sweden.
Light skin would make it easier to get Vitamin D

WOW. I guess all humans were super ugly 8,000 years ago with ugly black and brown skin

I assume straight hair and thin noses are better adaptations in colder weathers

y our "assumptions" are a century old. my guess is that some pharoah started selectively breeding a palace guard or something and got more than he bargained for. we whites are obviously bred for violence.

the southern "ol massa's" similarly selectively bred their slaves, but made the mistake of thinking that they (the masters) actually had desirable traits.)

Um yes, as I have said on this forum many times.

This is what I read when some stupid White Supremacists get all worked up about how great whites are (and I'm white).

I read:

"Yay us! While others were warm and toasty in Africa, we got stuck on an iceberg during the Ice Age, where we adapted light skin, hair and eyes lest we die of a Vitamin D deficiency. Go white people!"

Race supremacy is stupid. I can't get beyond that word. Stupid.

we whites are obviously bred for violence.
We are just the ones on top right now, so all of you mentally limited dumbfucks think whites are the bad guys. I swear people like you refuse to see the forrest from a tree. Look at history, you will notice violence is a human failure. Not a racial one.
Thinking isnt a bad thing, I promise.

When it comes to skin color, the team found a patchwork of evolution in different places, and three separate genes that produce light skin, telling a complex story for how European's skin evolved to be much lighter during the past 8000 years. The modern humans who came out of Africa to originally settle Europe about 40,000 years are presumed to have had dark skin, which is advantageous in sunny latitudes. And the new data confirm that about 8500 years ago, early hunter-gatherers in Spain, Luxembourg, and Hungary also had darker skin: They lacked versions of two genes—SLC24A5 and SLC45A2—that lead to depigmentation and, therefore, pale skin in Europeans today.

But in the far north—where low light levels would favor pale skin—the team found a different picture in hunter-gatherers: Seven people from the 7700-year-old Motala archaeological site in southern Sweden had both light skin gene variants, SLC24A5 and SLC45A2. They also had a third gene, HERC2/OCA2, which causes blue eyes and may also contribute to light skin and blond hair. Thus ancient hunter-gatherers of the far north were already pale and blue-eyed, but those of central and southern Europe had darker skin.

This article is really old. Most Europeans lacked two depigmentation genes, SLC24A5 and SLC45A2, about 8,500 years ago. But the 7,700-year-old Motala archaeological site in southern Sweden had both light skin gene variants, SLC24A5 and SLC45A2. Ancient hunter-gatherers (SHGs) appeared in Scandinavia around 11,000 BP without SLC24A5 and SLC45A2, which are associated with skin pigmentation, while they were already blue-eyed with HERC2/OCA2. SHGs in the Motala archaeological site in southern Sweden became pale by 7,700 years ago through admixing with eastern hunter-gatherers (EHGs) from today's Ukraine or Russia.

LPmissing.png

Then, the first farmers from the Near East arrived in Europe; they carried both genes for light skin. As they interbred with the indigenous hunter-gatherers, one of their light-skin genes swept through Europe, so that central and southern Europeans also began to have lighter skin. The other gene variant, SLC45A2, was at low levels until about 5800 years ago when it swept up to high frequency.

In addition to performing this genome-wide scan, we studied the allele frequencies in three pigmentation genes (SLC24A5, SLC45A2, which have a strong effect on skin pigmentation, and OCA2/HERC2, which has a strong effect on eye pigmentation) in which the derived alleles are virtually fixed in northern Europeans today. The differences in allele frequencies of those three loci are among the highest between human populations, suggesting that selection was driving the differences in eye color, skin, and hair pigmentation as part of the adaptation to different environments [50–53]. All of the depigmentation variants at these three genes are in high frequency in SHGs in contrast to both WHGs and EHGs (Fig 4B). We conduct neutral simulations of the allele frequencies in an admixed SHG population to estimate p-values for observing these allele frequencies without selection (S9 Text). The p-values for all three SNPs are lower than 0.2; the combined p-value [54] for all three pigmentation SNPs is 0.028. Therefore, the unique configuration of the SHGs is not fully explained by the fact that SHGs are a mixture of EHGs and WHGs, but could rather be explained by a continued increase of the allele frequencies after the admixture event, likely caused by adaptation to high-latitude environments [50,52]. Population genomics of Mesolithic Scandinavia: Investigating early postglacial migration routes and high-latitude adaptation

Last edited:
y our "assumptions" are a century old. my guess is that some pharoah started selectively breeding a palace guard or something and got more than he bargained for. we whites are obviously bred for violence.

the southern "ol massa's" similarly selectively bred their slaves, but made the mistake of thinking that they (the masters) actually had desirable traits.)

That is dangerous typing.

NO, you are confused . I am only saying the skin color changed several thousand years ago .. NOT THE SPECIES lol
GEEZ

We are just the ones on top right now, so all of you mentally limited dumbfucks think whites are the bad guys. I swear people like you refuse to see the forrest from a tree. Look at history, you will notice violence is a human failure. Not a racial one.
Thinking isnt a bad thing, I promise.

another dumh fuck for my ignore list. been expecting that from you for a day or 2. good bye.

Forum List

Back