Life hacks that work...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Thread for those hacks you've tried that worked for you and those that didn't.

Removing a shattered lightbulb with a half a potato didn't work for me.

But one that DID work fantastically was using blue painters tape on the top and bottom of a circular saw cut line to keep the wood around the cut from splintering out. I used this hack today while trimming a hollow core interior door. Hack confirmed. (Not me, but exactly how I did mine)...

Tried any life hacks you can confirm or bust?

Last edited:
Could you just run the tape over the area you want to cut, mark the cut line on the tape and cut? Seems easier than taping both sides of the cut.

For a hole with striped threads- cut thin stripes from a plastic milk jug, insert several stripes in to the hole and when the screw is replaced it will rethread.

A wooden golf tee is the answer if you have to move a hole just a smidge. Just tap it in with a hammer, and cut it off flush with a carton-knife or chisel.

Use tooth paste to cover small holes in dry wall , college kid use it all the time...lol

Broken shoe laces ? Zip ties work fine.

Could you just run the tape over the area you want to cut, mark the cut line on the tape and cut? Seems easier than taping both sides of the cut.

For a hole with striped threads- cut thin stripes from a plastic milk jug, insert several stripes in to the hole and when the screw is replaced it will rethread.

I have done this. Before my newer best half moved in together I lived in a bachelor cave. My toilet clogged, no plunger. Here is what you do

Half cup of dish soap and dump it in the toilet and give it a few. You can try flushing again and the clog may go, but a big pot or bucket of water works better. It also cleans the shit (literally) out of the toilet and helps the crapper not smell like pot and shit so bad.

Forum List

Back