Libertarianism on the rise in the last three years

The deregulators which set this nation up for the BANSTERS' MELTDOWN all called themselves LIBERTARIANS, too.

Yup... And they'll call it 'libertarian' when they start peeling back the regulations imposed on the insurance industry by the ACA (leaving only the mandate). Stupidity is not 'libertarian', even if it superficially involves getting rid of unnecessary laws. As AVG-JOE puts it - 'Appropriate regulation' is what we want.

I think part of the problem is that libertarian leaning people have been a bit lazy, and taken to condemning anything called a 'regulation', without really thinking it through. Regulations are laws - some of them are good, and some are bad. It's fair to say we have way too many bad laws - and I totally agree - but just because some interested lobbying group condemn some law as a 'regulation' doesn't mean we should blindly support the effort to remove it.

Last edited:
The deregulators which set this nation up for the BANSTERS' MELTDOWN all called themselves LIBERTARIANS, too.

Yup... And they'll call it 'libertarian' when they start peeling back the regulations imposed on the insurance industry by the ACA (leaving only the mandate). Stupidity is not 'libertarian', even if it superficially involves getting rid of unnecessary laws. As AVG-JOE puts it - 'Appropriate regulation' is what we want.

I think part of the problem is that libertarian leaning people have been a bit lazy, and taken to condemning anything called a 'regulation', without really thinking it through. Regulations are laws - some of them are good, and some are bad. It's fair to say we have way too many bad laws - and I totally agree - but just because some interested lobbying group condemn some law as a 'regulation' doesn't mean we should blindly support the effort to remove it.

That's part of it. Another part is that Libertarians, like any political party in a reasonably free society, is gonna have it's fringe whackos. The Anarchists are the liberal "T" party.

I'll bet $1 that the anarchists are a much smaller percentage and, ass-u-me-ing it finds traction and a voice, the Libertarian movement will be more moderate than the current republicans, preferring fair taxes and appropriate regulation to low taxes and no regulation.

Forum List

Back