Liberals/Obama really don't know 1+1 equals two!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by healthmyths, Oct 6, 2011.

1. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,856
    One ---
    represents businesses' hesitancy to hire people.

Hesitancy because due to more and more rules and regulations coming from this administration at a rate Since 2008 the government has spent 54 billion dollars on regulatory agencies at a 16% growth rate. Since President Obama took office regulatory agency employment climbed 13% to more than 281,000 regulatory employees. During the same period all other employment shrank by 5.6%.
    By 2008 the cost to the private economy to comply with federal regulations was 1.75 trillion dollars. 4200 more regulations are waiting for approval in the pipeline, not counting the EPA, the new health care bill, and the Dodd-Frank legislation. It is not known yet how much more those will add?
    The 1.75 trillion dollar red tape economy | Washington Times Communities

So businesses have NO idea what it will cost to add new employees because of Obamacare, Dodd-Frank Act, and all the new rules and regulations!
    Why hire people if you have to spend thousands more in following OSHA,EPA,and all the other alphabet soup rules and regulations!

and One...

Add the uncertainty to many of the "millionaire" small Chapter S corporations that are acknowledged the engine of job creation that the proposed 5% tax on millionaires and you have another reason NOT to hire people! People you may not be able to afford DUE TO the Millionaire's TAX!

So One + (uncertainty regarding how much new rules and regulations will cost for each new hire
    One - having to make plans to pay a millionaires tax which will take away money that would have been used to expand..

1+1 equals 2... almost TWO trillion dollars sitting on the sidelines by these evil millionaires and billionaires!

It is estimated that approximately $1.4 trillion is held in offshore banks in the Cayman Islands alone. According to an article in Forbes magazine, there is a total of approximately 15 trillion to 20 trillion dollars in offshore bank accounts, brokerage accounts and hedge fund portfolios.
    The Shadow Banking System: 1/3 Of All The Wealth Held Offshore | the real news journal

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    well, if a rightwingnut blog says so, shill.

:cuckoo:

3. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,012
    Republicans don't even know what "supply and demand" means. Or how it's connected to capitalism. Or IF it's connected to capitalism.

"Corporations make jobs" is how capitalism works for the right wing. You gotta bribe them to do it. So far, we haven't given enough "bribes".

4. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    I'd like to get rid of some "incentives".

The Eisenhower deferred tax incentive.
    No more tax holidays.
    Pull government accounts out of private banks and financial institutions.
    Stop all military spending.
    Stop all loopholes.
    Stop all government R&D for private corporations.
    Stop all government public/private partnerships.
    Stop all government procurement of LEO and Fire service vehicles.

Just for..say a month.

See what happens.

:lol:

5. Ropey

Ropey To Life! Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,992
    Shooting the messenger without attacking the message itself is rather useless in debate and discussion.

Does this mean you feel Obama is being accused unfairly? If so, why don't you respond with a discussion against the actual post, rather than just post a 'rightwingnut' hit and run along with a name call?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,326
    That's not why businesses aren't hiring, but it's a clever ruse on their part to try to claim so.

This is why businesses aren't hiring:

[​IMG]

Our economy is 70% consumption, and the consumers are tapped out. You don't need more employees to not provide good and services that the consumers don't want and/or can't afford.

7. Ropey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,992
    My sister tells me that it's not because of being tapped out that she's not spending. She's not spending because she's fearful that if she does AND then she loses her job, she will have less savings.

She's not spending because she's fearful.

8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    if you continue to troll my posts and presume to tell me who to interact with, i will put you on ignore... .something i've never done.

do not tell me to respond to rightwingnut lying trolls...

do not tell me who i have to de-friend...

you're pissy because i wouldn't get in the middle of your battle with del.

who do you think you are to presume to ask that?

grow up.

9. Disenchanted61

Disenchanted61 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    How have the million and billionaire tax cuts been working for our labor force so far? If they can't outsource their
    labor , they in source their labor to create a labor surplus to drive labor costs down.
    That is just one small detail you appear to have left out of your intro. I am sure these cretens of humanity will find a way to have their underpaid labor force absorb the cost.

10. Ropey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,992
    So, continue to troll others and call them names without discussing. I will continue to post my dislike at this method.

Not when you do it. But when anyone does it. The thing is that you do it a lot. Put the iggy on iggy if you wish.