Liberal Media Outing Fox News Anchor Shephard Smith

Nutz

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2014
This only shows how the hypocrisy of the left and their infatuation with FNC. Of course Shep is gay...it doesn't really matter to anyone but Fox News haters.

The Shep Smith story shows the failure of fact-checking

On Wednesday morning, Gawker writer J.K. Trotter published a piece alleging that “Fox News Shoved Shepard Smith Back Into the Closet” and asking, “Why hasn’t Shepard Smith come out yet?” By Wednesday afternoon, the story had been picked up and repeated ad nauseam throughout the media-on-media vortex of self-absorption. Who cares if the story itself had serious inconsistencies? Aggregate first, ask questions later – if at all!

Smith, generally regarded as the closest thing to a likable, rational-thinking individual in the Fox News stable, is a frequent obsession of Gawker and Trotter, in particular, who’s pretty determined to reveal to the world Smith’s personal life, regardless of how weird or flat-out harassing he may come off as in the process. Trotter has run several stories focusing on Smith’s sexuality in the past few months, while Smith, for his part, remains private about his relationships and orientation.

The latest asks, “Why hasn’t Shepard Smith come out yet?” and cites “multiple sources” who say Smith discussed coming out to Fox News president Roger Ailes but that “Ailes’ answer was definitive: Smith could not say he’s gay.” Furthermore, Gawker claims Smith was “demoted” after executive vice president of programming Bill Shine ”flipped out” at a “dramatic” July 4 picnic that Smith allegedly brought a boyfriend to, leading Shine to call a meeting “among high-level executives to discuss a plan of action regarding Smith.” Not one of the “insider” sources at Fox is named. My favorite part of the whole thing is when Trotter congratulates his own vigilant “reporting” as the reason Smith attended a Fox gay journalists gala in March. My second favorite part is where Gawker updates the story to note that Shine actually didn’t attend said picnic, that Ailes and Smith call the story “100% false and a complete fabrication,” and then clarifies the timeline of Smith’s contract negotiations to acknowledge they occurred before the controversial picnic.

More

I don't understand the "need" to out anyone. Frankly I think it is cruel to do so. This is a private matter for an individual.

If said person wants to kick down the door of that "closet" YAY! But no one should be "outted" .

wow

a frikken couple years late and 1/2 dollar short

some people aren't happy unless everyone is as miserable as they are

Forum List

Back