Lib insanity: Arguing against putting racial descriptions on crime report

novasteve

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2011
Bellevue
Students talk racial profiling in DPS alerts - The Michigan Daily

One of the key issues discussed was the use of racial descriptions in the University’s Department of Public Safety crime alerts. Of the 22 crime alerts released by DPS between Jan. 1, 2011 and Nov. 9, 2011, 12 incidents occurred off campus and nine took place on campus, according to data released by DPS. Of these 22 alerts, 11 specifically identified the skin color of the suspect as white, five as black, one as darker skinned, one as hispanic, one as tan, one as olive and two had no race information.

Philosophy Prof. Elizabeth Anderson said information about race is not needed in crime alerts because it doesn’t add any information to the description.

“There is no value added in the description (of race),” Anderson said. “It reinforces the legitimacy of spreading stereotypes and damages the reputation of black men

Philosophy Prof. Elizabeth Anderson said information about race is not needed in crime alerts because it doesn’t add any information to the description.

“There is no value added in the description (of race),” Anderson said. “It reinforces the legitimacy of spreading stereotypes and damages the reputation of black men

Look....what can you say about this? This is where liberal politically correct bullshit leads us. Now it's stereotypical (or racist?) to say that "the guy who attacked me was black" even though he may have been black. I noticed that half of the descriptions were white. I guess she overlooked that little fact.

Look....what can you say about this? This is where liberal politically correct bullshit leads us. Now it's stereotypical (or racist?) to say that "the guy who attacked me was black" even though he may have been black. I noticed that half of the descriptions were white. I guess she overlooked that little fact.

Factual truth is offensive to those who are politically correct

Factual truth is offensive to those who are politically correct

Hell at this rate why even bother to wear a mask anymore when you commit a crime. 'Cause you know if they provide a description of you, you can just sue them for racial profiling. It's insanity.

That is flatly stupid pandering and nothing more. Indicating race in describing a criminal suspect is a critically important factor.

If that idiot is raped I would like to hear her description of the man who did it to her.

...Philosophy Prof. Elizabeth Anderson said information about race is not needed in crime alerts because it doesn’t add any information to the description.

Bullshit, giving as full, and accurate description about an alleged perpetrator is of vital importance, how fucking stupid to NOT describe a persons skin, or race :cuckoo:
I noticed this happening on many occasions when the local news broadcast a report on a crime that police are looking for a suspect about. The stupidity in the media and this country never cease to amaze.

...Philosophy Prof. Elizabeth Anderson said information about race is not needed in crime alerts because it doesn’t add any information to the description.

Bullshit, giving as full, and accurate description about an alleged perpetrator is of vital importance, how fucking stupid to NOT describe a persons skin, or race :cuckoo:
I noticed this happening on many occasions when the local news broadcast a report on a crime that police are looking for a suspect about. The stupidity in the media and this country never cease to amaze.

You are assuming that the crime reports mentioned in the OP and under discussion at this particular school are referring to crimes which have been committed and for which the suspect is still at large. I'm not sure you can make that assumption. The article in the OP seems to be referring to past crimes, but it is unclear as to the status of the person(s) who committed the crimes.

I will grant you that if these "crime reports" are referincing UNSOLVED crimes, where the perp is still at large and may strike again, then leaving out the race of the perp is just stupid. On the other hand, if the perp has been arrested, then there should be no reason to mention his race and any mention of it would seem to be solely for the purpose of making his race look bad, i.e., racial profiling.

Frankly, I think the students are upset about the latter situation, rather than the former.

"Damages the reputation of Black men"? Anybody see the latent racism inherent in the liberal thought process? In her small liberal mind the professor assumes that all the suspects would be described as Black men.

Students talk racial profiling in DPS alerts - The Michigan Daily

One of the key issues discussed was the use of racial descriptions in the University’s Department of Public Safety crime alerts. Of the 22 crime alerts released by DPS between Jan. 1, 2011 and Nov. 9, 2011, 12 incidents occurred off campus and nine took place on campus, according to data released by DPS. Of these 22 alerts, 11 specifically identified the skin color of the suspect as white, five as black, one as darker skinned, one as hispanic, one as tan, one as olive and two had no race information.

“There is no value added in the description (of gender),” Anderson said. “It reinforces the legitimacy of spreading stereotypes and damages the reputation of men"

Hey Ms Anderson, put that in your politically correct pipe and smoke it.
Oh, and quit being a moron.

Forum List

Back