Lets say there was a time machine that was set to deliver you to 1950

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Lets say there was a time machine that was set to deliver you to 1950.(There's no way to get out of it!) You have 3 hours and you can bring back one tech item from today..What would it be???

Showing this item off during a 24 hour period is your only ticket back home.

Don't understand the showing the item off during 24 hour period part. I'm showing off the future tech item in the past to get back to the present?

Wouldn't bring anything back, nor show anything off and try to find a quiet little corner of the world to hide out in until I died.

Messing with the past is a really bad idea. Come too close to nuclear war over the years without doing it. No telling what little push history might have needed to do so.

polio vaccine....

you can tell the young people...thinking of gadgets and such...what was needed desperately during that time.....was the polio vaccine...many of you do not know the horrors of polio..thankfully...my generation remembers...

i was shocked when the 60 minutes talked about using polio virus (modified) to help cancer patients...my first reaction was total shock that all polio viruses had not been destroyed

Lets say there was a time machine that was set to deliver you to 1950.(There's no way to get out of it!) You have 3 hours and you can bring back one tech item from today..What would it be???

Showing this item off during a 24 hour period is your only ticket back home.
A slow day? Coffee yet?

Even without internet a computer would blow minds in 1950. Hi-def color graphics, teeny little headphones... you could take a memory card with some music videos or a news clip or a trailer from a sci-fi movie...

Even without internet a computer would blow minds in 1950. Hi-def color graphics, teeny little headphones... you could take a memory card with some music videos or a news clip or a trailer from a sci-fi movie...
Yep. Load it up with the latest software. Video games, music creation programs, business programs. Wouldn't need the internet.

Forum List

Back