Let's review: At some point you've made enough money, unless....

Talismen

Lady Templar & Kafir
Dec 28, 2010
Central Iowa
You're Robert Gibbs????

Let us recall for a moment:

According to his hind-ass, some of us are making "enough money". How dare we want more. How dare we make more. How dare we want to have a better life for ourselves. Then, in the same breathe, he turns around and admits that us "producers" (my word, not his) should keep right along "producing".

Turns out...He went off script for this little utterance of redistributive truth. :lol:

I swear...Some people are living proof that sometimes the after birth does live and thrive outside the womb:

Link: Via HotAir: Obama: “I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money”
(snip)
We’re not, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that’s fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or providing good service. We don’t want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy.

Compare that to his remarks as prepared for delivery:
Now, we’re not doing this to punish these firms or begrudge success that’s fairly earned. We don’t want to stop them from fulfilling their responsibility to help grow our economy.

Note the term: "...fulfilling their responsibility to help grow our economy."
Oh I get it. Now it's our responsibility, ay? What about YOUR responsibility mr president? To ALL Americans,...To incentivize small business? To promote economic growth via free markets that are allowed to grow without being punished by government?

Nevermind dude....This is WAY over your alinsky-tained kool-aid drinkin' head.

Now, keep that in mind, when you read this:

(snip)
James Warren is a journalist who worked for the Chicago Tribune and now writes columns for the Chicago News Cooperative and The New York Times

No Pity for Robert Gibbs and His 'Modest' Salary
By James Warren Jan 6 2011, 7:52 AM ET 264

Perhaps it was the long flight back from Hawaii. But President Obama's first full day back on the job suggested a slight case of tone deafness.

In bidding a sort-of farewell to White House spokesman Robert Gibbs, he noted the "relatively modest pay" for which Gibbs has labored.

In fact, he earns $172,200 in a nation where the average family income hovers around $55,000, unemployment is high, record foreclosures persist and wages for most folks are at best stagnant.
Read the whole thing at the link....

So, let's get this straight....
Gibbs makes $172,200, which is below that magic $250,000 number that obama loves to toss around. And, as noted in the article, the average family income is somewhere around $55,000 a year.

So, I think we can finally say, that the figure $250,000 IS indeed the amount obama (and others) have in their head, when he says that at some point "you've made enough money".

:eusa_shhh:

"I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or providing good service."

Ah the typical pseudo-con rant based on (HotAir? Really, right up their with Brietphart), well, 11 words taken completely out of context of the very next sentence.

So yes lets review: You got nothing.

"I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or providing good service."

Ah the typical pseudo-con rant based on (HotAir? Really, right up their with Brietphart), well, 11 words taken completely out of context of the very next sentence.

Buuuuurrrnnnn

Awww...the typical left-wing dance....attacking the source of the vid (knowing full well you could find it anywhere), while ignoring the actual words the president said.

Funny. Dumb, but funny.

Last edited:
Here you go hon....
Remarks by the President on Wall Street Reform in Quincy, Illinois | The White House

Right from the man's own website:
(snipped for context)

The White House

Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release April 28, 2010
Remarks by the President on Wall Street Reform in Quincy, Illinois
Oakley Lindsay Civic Center, Quincy, Illinois
3:44 P.M. CDT

Now, what we’re doing -- I want to be clear, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money. (Laughter.) But part of the American way is you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or you’re providing a good service. We don't want people to stop fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow the economy.
Read the whole thing at the link, if you'd like.

But, no matter the source of the quote, he said what he said.

It is YOUR responsibility to help grow the economy. But, don't make too much money doing it.
In spite of high taxes...
In spite of high unemployment...
In spite of high gas prices...
YOU must continue to make money, so government can take it from you...and redistribute it elsewhere, as THEY see fit. But, just don't make too much, because too much means you're an evil rich person. I mean, just because you may have once been down on your luck, accepting govt assistance, and then got a good job, climbed the corporate ladder, and can now provide for your self and your family, that doesn't mean government is going to let you off the hook.

They cared more for you when you were poor.
Now, they just want your money. But don't make too much.

It's patriot, according to Biden.
Remember?

Last edited:

Awww...the typical left-wing dance....attacking the source of the vid (knowing full well you could find it anywhere), while ignoring the actual words the president said.

Funny. Dumb, but funny.

Well the right doesn't want you to make to much money either, so I don't see why this would be sticking a dagger in anyone in particular.

Last edited:

Funny. Dumb, but funny.

Well the right doesn't want you to make to much money either, so I don't see why this would be sticking a dagger in anyone in particular.

How do you figure that?

Funny. Dumb, but funny.

How do you figure that?

They never give you a tax break, it is always for the rich. And they attack Unions because they make a living wage and benefits for their families. The attack teachers the same way. And they oppose a minimum wage that gets young workers more money.

I really have to say, they don't want you making to much money.

Last edited:
That is what the right wing says about working Americans

"At some time you have made enough money"

Funny. Dumb, but funny.

Did you only pay attention to the part in quotes or what? My argument: "11 words taken completely out of context of the very next sentence."

But I understand you simply don't like President Obama's opinion.....but clearly he believes the American way trumps his opinion.

If anyone thinks that one American having the worth of 54 billion dollars bodes well for the future of a free capitalistic democratic republic..

I've pet rocks available for sale.

How do you figure that?

They never give you a tax break, it is always for the rich. And they attack Unions because they make a living wage and benefits for their families. The attack teachers the same way. And they oppose a minimum wage that gets young workers more money.

I really have to say, they don't want you making to much money.

1. Did you get a check the summer of 2001? Were your taxes lower after that?

2. Unions are sometimes a necessary thing. However, the SEIU, Teamsters, and other thuggishly represented unions are a problem. Their workers are allowed to be gone from work, with full pay, whenever they want, for whatever reason, and they demand to be paid no matter what. All the while, the company they are fleecing passes that cost onto customers. So, in the end, those unions are fucking the customers. And thanks.

If anyone thinks that one American having the worth of 54 billion dollars bodes well for the future of a free capitalistic democratic republic..

Doesn't matter to the other 309,999,999 people at all.

You could not even run Obamacare for more than 30 days if you confiscated all of Warren Buffet's wealth.

If that American has earned it, legally....I have no problem with it.

Not every so-called "rich" person is evil.
Not every so-called "rich" person sits on their ass while making money hand over fist.

And nearly EVERYONE who has a job has a so-called "rich" person to thank for it, ultimately.

That is a matter of opinion. On the flip side, exactly how does it bode well for the future to have some douche in the federal government decide how much money is enough for each of us to have. Does that sound like a free society to you?

Forum List

Back