Lets Pay off the debt!!!!!!!

Nov 23, 2011
Here is a new idea to help pay off the dept. Lets get a consitutional amendment to abolish congress and use a comitte of twelve to debate and put every thing up to a popular vote on line. Lets face it technology has out done the pace of the consitution! Then we can take the wages of the congressmen and women and the saved pention and benifit funds and put it toward the dept. That's 435 menbers subtracting the 12 member comitte equals 423 menbers gone with an average salarty of 174,000 dollars a year. Comes to a savings of 7.35 billion dollars saved per year plus pentions and other benifits. We will have the dept payed of in no time.

English is a complicated language with many subtle nuances.

I paid off every debt I had but my current house in 2003 and haven't used a credit card since 1999. I owe fourteen grand on my house. Three and a half years, and it's mine.

I understand don't overspend. Took me some time, but I get it.

The key? It's not MUCH of a house. It's a thousand sf brick ranch almost sixty years old.

But I can live with it. I'm working class.

And a Democrat liberal.

I'm FOR sensible spending and budgeting. But you Repubs know what? Po Repubs ignorant and arrogant, are bankrupting us as much as Dems.

The problem with your excellent idea is that the politicians don't want to pay it off. That's the reason for the smoke and mirrors they're using now. Cut? There are no cuts, it's all increasing every year, just a little less than intended.
A 10% cut is actually a 9% increase over the year before, for example. Isn't America a wonderful place to be able to fool the naive?

Of course they don't. They live on it. They don't earn anything they take in.

Talk about your welfare.

Had a brother who was an extremely talented banker for twenty years, extremely talented. Then, he turned drunk and screwed himself. But all along, he was mean. That's why he succeeded in corporate America.

But when he took another ten years to go fully bust, he ran through my dad's money the rest of us should have inherited. Knowledgeable banker and Dad's executor. And he tapped into my good credit rating and caused me, with great credit for a poor worker, to file bankruptcy.

And all the while, my country's government was doing the same thing to good American workers. Spending on OUR credit. We pay.

My brother died of a heart attack two years ago.

Kind of makes me wish the government would. I've been improving since.

Of course they don't. They live on it. They don't earn anything they take in.

Talk about your welfare.

Had a brother who was an extremely talented banker for twenty years, extremely talented. Then, he turned drunk and screwed himself. But all along, he was mean. That's why he succeeded in corporate America.

But when he took another ten years to go fully bust, he ran through my dad's money the rest of us should have inherited. Knowledgeable banker and Dad's executor. And he tapped into my good credit rating and caused me, with great credit for a poor worker, to file bankruptcy.

And all the while, my country's government was doing the same thing to good American workers. Spending on OUR credit. We pay.

My brother died of a heart attack two years ago.

Kind of makes me wish the government would. I've been improving since.

Sorry to hear about this, but what does it have to do with the price of tea in China?

Here is a new idea to help pay off the dept. Lets get a consitutional amendment to abolish congress and use a comitte of twelve to debate and put every thing up to a popular vote on line. Lets face it technology has out done the pace of the consitution! Then we can take the wages of the congressmen and women and the saved pention and benifit funds and put it toward the dept. That's 435 menbers subtracting the 12 member comitte equals 423 menbers gone with an average salarty of 174,000 dollars a year. Comes to a savings of 7.35 billion dollars saved per year plus pentions and other benifits. We will have the dept payed of in no time.

Just add an amendment that ends stupid.

I want some of what your smoking. :D

I'd be thrilled if we could find a bipartisan way to gradually reduce the debt over the next 20 years, to where we balanced the budget. Then I'd look at paying off that debt a little at a time, over the next 40 or 50 years after that. Don't know if we could stick to the plan that long though, before some buttfuck starts spending money again like it was water. BTW, that's a dig at both repubs and dems.

If there was no Debt there would be no Interest% paid to the Debt holders, how would those people make money?

I'd be thrilled if we could find a bipartisan way to gradually reduce the debt over the next 20 years, to where we balanced the budget. Then I'd look at paying off that debt a little at a time, over the next 40 or 50 years after that. Don't know if we could stick to the plan that long though, before some buttfuck starts spending money again like it was water. BTW, that's a dig at both repubs and dems.

The idea of paying off the debt doesn't really make sense. However, stopping the growth of the debt or at least drastically reducing it's growth is all that is needed. So long as our economy continues to grow, the debt will become smaller as a percentage of our economy. That is what matters most. If we can stop the debt at $15 trillion (not likely), and the economy doubles twice over the next thirty years, then we will have reduced the debt from 100% of GDP to 25% of GDP.

If there was no Debt there would be no Interest% paid to the Debt holders, how would those people make money?

Probably find another secure investment. With little debt a business would be a fairly safe investment, so the short answer is jobs.

Forum List

Back