Let's hear it for Newt!!!

Didn't watch it and dont' care what eye-of-Newt has to say. He'd never get my vote, he's a cheater. If he'd cheat on his wife, he'd cheat on anything. He lost all trust from me, just like Billy 'I did not have sex' Clinton.

I liked some of the responses that Newt had, but a winner? I think not.
Honestly, I didn't see any of them coming off as the 'winner'. Checking out my usual news websites, I'd say it was a mixed bag.

He stuck it to those Fox News people for their "gotcha" questions. It really fired up the crowd because they were stupid questions. As if anyone cares about Newt's staff getting fired/quiting. He also attacked the 'Super-Congress' saying it was a dumb idea.

Although he was good, he still just doesn't come off as a Presidential type.

I had totally written Newt off. Wasn't even paying attention to him until he started answering the questions.

He surprised the hell out of me and I will definetly be watching him in the upcoming debates.

Unless he's a serial rapist, murder or bank robber I could care about his personal life. JMO

Is that how you pick your stock broker and mortage company too?

Was that directed at me? If so, try quoting then asking. If not, then never mind.

To answer your question . . . I don't have a stockbroker and I don't have a mortgage.

Do I want the leader of our country to be a faithful individual? You better believe it. Speaks to his character.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mal
I had totally written Newt off. Wasn't even paying attention to him until he started answering the questions.

He surprised the hell out of me and I will definetly be watching him in the upcoming debates.

Unless he's a serial rapist, murder or bank robber I could care about his personal life. JMO

Good for you , will you extend that thinking to other partys too?

He stuck it to those Fox News people for their "gotcha" questions. It really fired up the crowd because they were stupid questions. As if anyone cares about Newt's staff getting fired/quiting. He also attacked the 'Super-Congress' saying it was a dumb idea.

They weren't stupid questions re: his Campaign. It's a peek into his character and his ability to run a Country/Administration.

Newt is a pompass hack. He would never win the Presidency, he's just not likable enough for the fly-by-night voters. He's a douche nozzel

Honestly, I didn't see any of them coming off as the 'winner'. Checking out my usual news websites, I'd say it was a mixed bag.

I agree. None of them came off as "stellar" and it was noting more than a "I hate Obama" rally in reality. Don't get me wrong. I have no love for Obama and feel he is the worst President we have ever had. However, the GOP isn't bringing forward a real good Presidential candidate either. Out of all the clowns on stage last night, I think Newt won. There is no "perfect" Presidential candidate. If you dig deep enough into anybody's past you will find flaws. I could care less about a candidate's personal life. I do care about his or her politics though.

Last edited:

He showed some passion with those comments, and I agree.

He is a seasoned politician....perhaps a position in the next administration.

They weren't stupid questions re: his Campaign. It's a peek into his character and his ability to run a Country/Administration.

Newt is a pompass hack. He would never win the Presidency, he's just not likable enough for the fly-by-night voters. He's a douche nozzel

So I guess you feel the same way about the Hussein Administration and all his staffers that have quit.

So I guess you feel the same way about the Hussein Administration and all his staffers that have quit.

Sure, but it's not the same as his entire staff quitting.

Good for you , will you extend that thinking to other partys too?

Yup. How bout you???

Oh I forgot. He's not a Dem. Never mind.

The polls that some of the media outlets are running all gave Newt the win. For all the grief he gave Fox has him with a commanding lead in their online poll.

Sure, but it's not the same as his entire staff quitting.

Just his entire economic team but for turbo tax timmy.

I agree. None of them came off as "stellar" and it was noting more than a "I hate Obama" rally in reality. Don't get me wrong. I have no love for Obama and feel he is the worst President we have ever had. However, the GOP isn't bringing forward a real good Presidential candidate either. Out of all the clowns on stage last night, I think Newt won. There is no "perfect" Presidential candidate. If you dig deep enough into anybody's past you will find flaws. I could care less about a candidate's personal life. I do care about his or her politics though.

The ones who don't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting the nomination need to go back to doing what they were doing before entering the race so we can witness a debate with only the true contenders. I think Newt held his own last night, but right now I don't see him as one of those contenders.

Forum List

Back