Lets do the math cortez

Aponi

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2018
The democrats want to upgade every home in America to be green .
Now Im not a contractor but insulation and solar panels and windows are not cheap.
Nor are high efficiency appliances ac or heating.

But lets guess 20000 per home. Now multiply that 20000 by 100,000,000 million homes .
20 grand per home is probally low ball .

Next add in the cost of building enough green energy solar and wind electric generating plants .
Im guessing to replace our entire power generating system it would cost trillions stacked on trillions and take decades.

O by the way you have to do all that in 10 years . retrain a lot of employees and kill a lot of jobs in the oil natural gas nuke and coal energy.

Next we have to replace all autos and trucks with electric .
Your talking what 150 million vechicles times what 30 grand to 50 grand each or more.

Now if not done in 10 years cortez much like gore claims the world will end in 12 years.
Add it all up. I would have but my calculator didnt go that high.

This is why democrats are morons

Did you mean 100 million homes or 100 million MILLION homes as you wrote?

Newsflash...and what most home owners know

Homes get upgraded all the time

Doing it with energy efficiency in mind only makes sense

Now Im not a contractor but insulation and solar panels and windows are not cheap.

But lets guess 20000 per home. Now multiply that 20000 by 100,000,000 million homes .

Next add in the cost of building enough green energy solar and wind electric generating plants .
Im guessing to replace our entire power generating system it would cost trillions stacked on trillions and take decades.

O by the way you have to do all that in 10 years . retrain a lot of employees and kill a lot of jobs in the oil natural gas nuke and coal energy.

Your talking what 150 million vechicles times what 30 grand to 50 grand each or more.

Now if not done in 10 years cortez much like gore claims the world will end in 12 years.

Yup, it's much easier to all die than to actually make an effort.

The question isn't, 'Should we make an effort or just die?'.

The question is, 'Should we spend Trillions of taxpayer dollars and give government even more control over our lives because of the totally unprovable idea that we all might die if we don't?'.

• Banned

Im not aginst upgrading homes moron .you missed the entire point didnt you .

Why dont you do the math on insulation energency effecent as heat applainces windows solar panels and tell me how the democrats will pay for 100 million homes . you got a few trillion laying around or can you pull it out of your ass like cortez

The problem isn't whether or not we upgrade our homes. The problem is making it mandatory.

How energy efficient my how is is my decision as long as I'm paying for the power and the efficiency.

She's an interesting dichotomy.

On one hand, she is clearly blinded by her ideology, and the more lucid members of her party know that and are trying to keep her in check.

On the other hand, she's also very popular with that wing, and only time will tell if there is enough momentum there to break this stuff through nationally.

The problem is making it mandatory.

It's NOT mandatory and it won't be.

Breathe and stop clutching your pearls

It DOES make sense. If you don't realize that you're a fucking idiot

Yep there it is from the kooky left.

This same idiot said that NY can now spend the $3Billion tax break Amazon didn't get on other things.

This buffoonette actually has a degree in economics....

Asking Cortez to do math :auiqs.jpg: she's the genius who thought she could spend $3 billion in Amazon tax incentives on free shit. Dem's had to inform her that money doesn't exist.

Asking Cortez to do math :auiqs.jpg: she's the genius who thought she could spend $3 billion in Amazon tax incentives on free shit. Dem's had to inform her that money doesn't exist.

Shes a natural moron who knows nothing about goverment economics the law health care energy.
International politics.

That qualifies her to be a democrat

The question is, 'Should we spend Trillions of taxpayer dollars and give government even more control over our lives because of the totally unprovable idea that we all might die if we don't?'.

96% of climate scientists say AGW is real.

But it might mean a rich person can't buy a dressage horse if we don't make the effort, so let's not.

96% of climate scientists say AGW is real.

But it might mean a rich person can't buy a dressage horse if we don't make the effort, so let's not.

Not sure why you hate horses.

They are wonderful animals.

Not sure why you hate horses.

They are wonderful animals.

I'm sure they are... But spending millions of dollars to teach one how to dance and then claiming it as a tax credit for more money than most of us make a year (which is what Mitt Romney did) is kind of the problem.

The thing is, when we faced an existential threat in WWII, we put the top marginal rate at 93%. No dancing horsies for you, and your kid had to serve in the army just like the poor kids.

Now we have an existential threat in AGW, but gosh darn, we can't inconvenience the rich! Nope, let's keep burning those fossil fuels until we turn the planet into a desert.

Forum List

Back