lets discuss some misconceptions about al qaeda, different taliban groups, etc

blu

Sep 21, 2009
I don't want to give anything away, taint anyone's answers, or ruin the chance to learn something, so I will let some people answer before responding. With that said...

1) what is your understanding of both the pakistan & afghan taliban?
2) what was their relationship leading up to 9/11 and what is now?
3) What did either/any taliban have to do with 9/11, if anything?
4) what are the taliban's international goals?
5) what is each taliban's relationship with al qaeda both in their own countries and abroad?
6) what is the taliban's thoughts relationship with iran?
7) what is al qaedas thoughts and relationship with iran?
8) would either group take assitance from iran if offered?
9) what is each group's connection to saudi arabi?
10) what is each group's connection to irsael?

I am hoping to get some good answers to either some or all of the questions. I think it could go along way to get a bunch of information out not normally talked about in great detail or in stand alone form.

I don't want to give anything away, taint anyone's answers, or ruin the chance to learn something, so I will let some people answer before responding. With that said...

5) what is each taliban's relationship with al qaeda both in their own countries and abroad?

I am hoping to get some good answers to either some or all of the questions. I think it could go along way to get a bunch of information out not normally talked about in great detail or in stand alone form.

What are the "misconceptions" you speak of? Where is that list?

1) what is your understanding of both the pakistan & afghan taliban? one lives in Afghaniland and one lives in Pakistan
2) what was their relationship leading up to 9/11 and what is now? NONE
3) What did either/any taliban have to do with 9/11, if anything? Nothing at all
4) what are the taliban's international goals? None whatsoever
5) what is each taliban's relationship with al qaeda both in their own countries and abroad? They're Muslim
6) what is the taliban's thoughts relationship with iran? None
7) what is al qaedas thoughts and relationship with iran? They don't care for the dictatorship aspect of Iran. Muslims love freedom
8) would either group take assitance from iran if offered? Hey.They need all the help they can get
9) what is each group's connection to saudi arabi? Al queda is finance by the Saudis. The Taliban is financed by the heroin use in the US and UK
10) what is each group's connection to irsael? They would rather it didn't exist. So soes the rest of the world , other than US UK and the queen and Pope tag team that controls both

Next ? :tongue:

Last edited:

I'm not going to answer each question, but I see where you are going.
Taliban did not have direct involvement in 9-11. But they did provide a safe haven for AlQaeda to train and coordinate activities. They also sheltered Osama bin Laden. They do not have objectives outside of Afghanistan and Pakistan, but are a threat to the stability of both regions. I do not see any direct involvement with Iran, Saudi Arabia is a different story.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
With out looking up:
1) what is your understanding of both the pakistan & afghan taliban? Both are cultural leaders for their respective areas.
2) what was their relationship leading up to 9/11 and what is now? Little if any
3) What did either/any taliban have to do with 9/11, if anything? Not a damn thing
4) what are the taliban's international goals? To keep hostile forces out of their lands
5) what is each taliban's relationship with al qaeda both in their own countries and abroad? No real relationship other than a common enemy.
6) what is the taliban's thoughts relationship with iran? Historically I believe they do not like each other at all.
7) what is al qaedas thoughts and relationship with iran? They want to use each other
8) would either group take assitance from iran if offered? If it furthered their goals enough.
9) what is each group's connection to saudi arabi? al queda's money comes from Saudi and others.
10) what is each group's connection to irsael? Other than hate?

Sorry my ME history is somewhat lacking.

What are the "misconceptions" you speak of? Where is that list?

rightwinger hit some of them. not that it matters now since the taliban is directly fighting against us in an attempt to save their dark ages type rule over people. it was mostly to clear up pre-9/11 relationships between the groups and their goals where the taliban was local to each country and al qaeda was obviously international. people seem to easily lump the taliban and al qaeda together which isn't helpful when trying to discuss stuff like the current negotiations going on with them

I'm not going to answer each question, but I see where you are going.
Taliban did not have direct involvement in 9-11. But they did provide a safe haven for AlQaeda to train and coordinate activities. They also sheltered Osama bin Laden. They do not have objectives outside of Afghanistan and Pakistan, but are a threat to the stability of both regions. I do not see any direct involvement with Iran, Saudi Arabia is a different story.

pretty damn close. they all actually hate iran, but aqap is now working with iran in yemen and supposedly receiving direct support from them since iran's other groups have either failed or fell to the wayside. seems iran backed another loser though because between us and the yemen gov we have killed multiple of their top members in only 2 months time.

You must think your opinions are more superior than others. What part of the middle east have you resided in and for how long? Personally for nine months I've lived in Saudi Arabia, Jeddah to be exact and another 10 months in Al-Jahra, Kuwait.

You must think your opinions are more superior than others. What part of the middle east have you resided in and for how long? Personally for nine months I've lived in Saudi Arabia, Jeddah to be exact and another 10 months in Al-Jahra, Kuwait.

never lived there which doesn't really matter except for maybe some local things that aren't documented.

Cool someone who knows the answers do tell please.

rightwingers is close to what I was getting at. full understanding would require a decent amount of reading though

never lived there which doesn't really matter except for maybe some local things that aren't documented.

Then you bring nothing to the table but opinions.

Then you bring nothing to the table but opinions.

LOL. what do you say to historians then? I have to think your post is trolling

Any answer you get on what these groups thoughts are, would be speculation. Having lived in the region for a short time I can tell you that the people wants to be more like the west, but the leadership has these people under such control that they're afraid to speak out. In Saudi I witnessed amputations, beheadings, caning and stoning and oddly the atmosphere was celebratory as if it was the fourth of July or something. It was really bizarre and disturbing.

Any answer you get on what these groups thoughts are, would be speculation. Having lived in the region for a short time I can tell you that the people wants to be more like the west, but the leadership has these people under such control that they're afraid to speak out. In Saudi I witnessed amputations, beheadings, caning and stoning and oddly the atmosphere was celebratory as if it was the fourth of July or something. It was really bizarre and disturbing.

you really think this stuff isn't written about outside the country?

Lonestarlogic
In Saudi I witnessed amputations, beheadings, caning and stoning and oddly the atmosphere was celebratory as if it was the fourth of July or something. It was really bizarre and disturbing.

Why would you stick around and watch that stuff? Is it a Texas thing?

Forum List

Back