Lerner Gave Full Interview to Department of Justice on IRS Targeting Scandal

It appears Lois Lerner wasn't willing to plead the Fifth when she gave officials from the Department of Justice a full interview about her actions during the alleged targeting of Conservative Tea Party groups. This revelation comes as she pleaded the 5th in two separate hearings by the House Committee on Oversight, most recently this past Wednesday.

A former Internal Revenue Service official who declined to answer questions at a congressional hearing, citing the Fifth Amendment, gave a full interview to the Justice Department, her lawyer said.

That’s raising questions among Republican lawmakers, who wonder whether her choice to talk to Justice reflects a lack of concern about the DOJ probe. They also question the propriety of letting her avoid questions by lawmakers when she is answering DOJ’s.

The comments by Lois Lerner‘s attorney “cast further doubt on the seriousness of the Justice Department’s so-called investigation of IRS targeting, as well as the legal basis of Ms. Lerner’s refusal to testify before Congress,” said Frederick Hill, a spokesman for committee Republicans. “There is a clear contradiction between refusing to testify based on a supposed fear of prosecution and talking to the prosecutors.”

The Justice Department declined to comment.

In a press conference Wednesday, lawyer William Taylor III said Ms. Lerner had given a lengthy interview to Justice Department prosecutors within the last six months, as part of the agency’s investigation into IRS targeting of conservative tea-party groups for burdensome special scrutiny as they sought tax-exempt status.

Some legal experts said it can be risky to expose a client to Justice Department interviews without a grant of immunity. Ms. Lerner’s lawyers said she got no immunity from DOJ.

Former IRS Official Lerner Gave Interview to DOJ - Washington Wire - WSJ

Of course she did, she wants to give the people trying cover this up all the information she can.....

I think she is very wise for not testifying before Issa's partisan committee. The Echo-Chamber would have convicted her no matter what. Shit they already have.

LOL and YOU have decided she has done absolutely nothing wrong.
Why?
Because she is an Obama acolyte.

Well um no, didn't say that at all. I said she was wise for not testifying in the Issa "Witch Hunt". But thanks for trying to put words in my mouth.

She's a career bureaucrat. Apolitical by most all accounts.

I think she is very wise for not testifying before Issa's partisan committee. The Echo-Chamber would have convicted her no matter what. Shit they already have.

Why?

Well um no, didn't say that at all. I said she was wise for not testifying in the Issa "Witch Hunt". But thanks for trying to put words in my mouth.

Please she is hiding something and everyone knows it.

Why?

You are free to believe what you want to believe.

[MENTION=25197]BlindBoo[/MENTION]
Are you saying she wouldn't be given a Trial by a Jury of regular American Citizens?

Afraid what a Jury by the People, for the People, would decide?

Please show us where one's sixth and seventh amendment rights to Trial by Jury can be usurped by Congress.

[MENTION=36318]Edgetho[/MENTION] [MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION] Burn this imbecile while I'm gone for the rest of the day.

Last edited:
Why?

Maybe the republicans should had bribed like the Obama administration has. :eusa_shhh:

You are free to believe what you want to believe.

She wanted immunity before this second go-around with Issa's committee. Why does one need immunity if they didn't do anything wrong?

It appears Lois Lerner wasn't willing to plead the Fifth when she gave officials from the Department of Justice a full interview about her actions during the alleged targeting of Conservative Tea Party groups. This revelation comes as she pleaded the 5th in two separate hearings by the House Committee on Oversight, most recently this past Wednesday.

A former Internal Revenue Service official who declined to answer questions at a congressional hearing, citing the Fifth Amendment, gave a full interview to the Justice Department, her lawyer said.

That’s raising questions among Republican lawmakers, who wonder whether her choice to talk to Justice reflects a lack of concern about the DOJ probe. They also question the propriety of letting her avoid questions by lawmakers when she is answering DOJ’s.

The comments by Lois Lerner‘s attorney “cast further doubt on the seriousness of the Justice Department’s so-called investigation of IRS targeting, as well as the legal basis of Ms. Lerner’s refusal to testify before Congress,” said Frederick Hill, a spokesman for committee Republicans. “There is a clear contradiction between refusing to testify based on a supposed fear of prosecution and talking to the prosecutors.”

The Justice Department declined to comment.

In a press conference Wednesday, lawyer William Taylor III said Ms. Lerner had given a lengthy interview to Justice Department prosecutors within the last six months, as part of the agency’s investigation into IRS targeting of conservative tea-party groups for burdensome special scrutiny as they sought tax-exempt status.

Some legal experts said it can be risky to expose a client to Justice Department interviews without a grant of immunity. Ms. Lerner’s lawyers said she got no immunity from DOJ.

Former IRS Official Lerner Gave Interview to DOJ - Washington Wire - WSJ

Of course Lying Lois would talk to the DOJ. She knows Holder and Co. would do everything to protect her.

Forum List

Back