Legalize

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Angel Heart, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Angel Heart

Angel Heart Conservative Hippie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    I think that Marijuana should be legalized. It's such a waste of our government resorces to chase something that we clearly can not keep a cap on. They are doing it anyways. Tax it and get the hell out of my pocket.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070710...rijuana_col;_ylt=AntSkaEcRsS23QRD6US2tCtvaA8F

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I wouldn't disagree with making it legal, though I disagree that it's 'safe' than alcohol or smoking. Consider what they are doing with cigarettes, it won't be 'tax and forget' though.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. T-Bor

T-Bor Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Only the people who have smoked it should be allowed to say if it is safer than alcohol. And let me tell you it in fact is.

Marijuana will never impair someone the way that alcohol can. You cannot get poisened from smoking too much in a day. You can however die in a day from drinking too much. You cannot drive or function in any way shape or form when you are drunk. You can however after smoking. The only thing a smoker may do is get really hungry. You arent gonig to find a smoker out there beating his wife and kids because he is high. Alcoholics will do that on a daily basis.

Marijuana should be legal because it is a stone cold FACT that it is a safer drug than alcohol. The only reason it is illegal is because the govt doesnt think they can control it like Alcohol. It's all about money.

4. Angel Heart

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
  5. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Legalize

regulate

and tax the shit out of it.

6. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Alcohol is a much more serious problem than pot. I have not heard of pot ruining lives the way that alcohol does. The old thing about pot use leading to the use of other drugs does not seem to be true. If so, 75 percent (or more) of the University of California would be doing speed or heroin.

Pot is almost legal in California now. For example, all one needs to do in Santa Barbara is get medically certified (which is easy from what I am told) and then you can buy pot at the downtown "bud" store.

People are going to do pot whether it is legal or not. If it was legal, and very easily obtained, then perhaps more people would use it than now, and that would not be good. The best thing is to play with the neuro-chemical hand you were dealt. There is something fundamentally wrong if one always seeks to change the way his brain normally thinks and feels.

7. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    From the post that started this thread:

I think that this is a reason why it should not be legalized. In fact, it is probably a reason why anti pot sales laws should be rigorously enforced. Pot use dulls the mind and kills motivation. Ask anyone who uses a lot of pot and they will agree. I never met a brilliant university student who was getting a lot of work accomplished, and yet was smoking a lot of pot.

As I mentioned above: "Normal" people who seek to chemically change the way they think and feel have some fundamental psychological problem. Rather than smoke a lot of pot or drink a lot of alcohol, they should address the problem.

8. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    It is comical to listen to libs say smoking should be banned and pot should be legal

9. Vintij

Vintij Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105
    That is up to the states. It is legal to use, for medicinal purposes. Why else should it be legal? The argument that it is "social" like alchohol, wont get pot smokers very far. Medicinal marajuana is as close to legal as you will get.

Another tip, pot smokers are not taken seriously. Get a scientist to back your "harmless" theory up....who does not smoke, then maybe people will take this seriously.

PS. You might like this.

Studys in canada on 17-20 year olds show that for heavy marijuana users (5 or more joints a week), the average IQ went down 4 points. Which is equal to the effects on a baby in the womb of a drinking parent.

On the plus side. Light users (5 joints or less a week) of the same age group, have actually shown IQ increases of 5 points!

10. Angel Heart

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    It's nearly legal in Oregon as well. If you are just a user caught with less than an ounce, you get no more than a ticket and your stuff taken.