Lefties who hailed Sanders as more Progressive pitbull watched him crumble last night

Sanders is still da Man!!

What? You thought he was going to attack Hilllary? We are talking DEMOCRATS not power hungry wide eyed REPUBLICANS.

Everyone on that stage was there either to support Biden(who is not running), prepare for 2020/4 and/or to shape the platform.

That is the game plan on the left. Classical party politics!!

Until you realize that, you are only going to blow a gasket when you see the dems singing Kumbaya on stage.

Political fireworks is for the party in the midst of a revolution--the GOP!!

What? You thought he was going to attack Hilllary? We are talking DEMOCRATS not power hungry wide eyed REPUBLICANS.

Everyone on that stage was there either to support Biden(who is not running), prepare for 2020/4 and/or to shape the platform.

Until you realize that, you are only going to blow a gasket when you see the dems singing Kumbaya on stage.

you're right idiot; we DID think he was going to attack hillary. isnt the point of these debates to distinguish candidates in the same Party from each other??

isnt that why you idiots keep saying; that Sanders isnt just another Democrat?
are all of you retarded??

Hillary had a good night last night according to the coverage. On message, on message and on message. She will be very hard to beat in November next year.

you're right idiot; we DID think he was going to attack hillary. isnt the point of these debates to distinguish candidates in the same Party from each other??

I think you wanted nude mud wrestling not the debates.

I'm waiting for the debate to come out on u tube, but looks like bernie couldn't wait to defend the clinton dame on benghazi, so I read. He's not ready for prime time. Doesn't he realize this bitch would gut him if no one were looking?

The NRA the NRA WWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LOL

Did you have something to say?
You mentioned the Marxist and guns. I basically summed up what he and that corporatist bitch was sayin'. :thup:

What did he say, again?
Loosen up cupcake. You aren't much fun
So, you don't know.
Let me remind you:

COOPER: Senator Webb, thank you very much.

Let's move on to some of the most pressing issues facing our country right now, some of the biggest issues right now in the headlines today. We're going to start with guns. The shooting in Oregon earlier this month, once again it brought the issue of guns into the national conversation. Over the last week, guns have been the most discussed political topic on Facebook by two to one.

Senator Sanders, you voted against the Brady bill that mandated background checks and a waiting period. You also supported allowing riders to bring guns in checked bags on Amtrak trains. For a decade, you said that holding gun manufacturers legally responsible for mass shootings is a bad idea. Now, you say you're reconsidering that. Which is it: shield the gun companies from lawsuits or not?

SANDERS: Let's begin, Anderson, by understanding that Bernie Sanders has a D-minus voting rating (ph) from the NRA. Let's also understand that back in 1988 when I first ran for the United States Congress, way back then, I told the gun owners of the state of Vermont and I told the people of the state of Vermont, a state which has virtually no gun control, that I supported a ban on assault weapons. And over the years, I have strongly avoided instant background checks, doing away with this terrible gun show loophole. And I think we've got to move aggressively at the federal level in dealing with the straw man purchasers.

Also I believe, and I've fought for, to understand that there are thousands of people in this country today who are suicidal, who are homicidal, but can't get the healthcare that they need, the mental healthcare, because they don't have insurance or they're too poor. I believe that everybody in this country who has a mental crisis has got to get mental health counseling immediately. COOPER: Do you want to shield gun companies from lawsuits?

SANDERS: Of course not. This was a large and complicated bill. There were provisions in it that I think made sense. For example, do I think that a gun shop in the state of Vermont that sells legally a gun to somebody, and that somebody goes out and does something crazy, that that gun shop owner should be held responsible? I don't.

On the other hand, where you have manufacturers and where you have gun shops knowingly giving guns to criminals or aiding and abetting that, of course we should take action.

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, is Bernie Sanders tough enough on guns?

CLINTON: No, not at all. I think that we have to look at the fact that we lose 90 people a day from gun violence. This has gone on too long and it's time the entire country stood up against the NRA. The majority of our country...

(APPLAUSE)

... supports background checks, and even the majority of gun owners do.

Senator Sanders did vote five times against the Brady bill. Since it was passed, more than 2 million prohibited purchases have been prevented. He also did vote, as he said, for this immunity provision. I voted against it. I was in the Senate at the same time. It wasn't that complicated to me. It was pretty straightforward to me that he was going to give immunity to the only industry in America. Everybody else has to be accountable, but not the gun manufacturers. And we need to stand up and say: Enough of that. We're not going to let it continue.

(APPLAUSE)

COOPER: We're going to bring you all in on this. But, Senator Sanders, you have to give a response.

SANDERS: As a senator from a rural state, what I can tell Secretary Clinton, that all the shouting in the world is not going to do what I would hope all of us want, and that is keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have those guns and end this horrible violence that we are seeing.

I believe that there is a consensus in this country. A consensus has said we need to strengthen and expand instant background checks, do away with this gun show loophole, that we have to address the issue of mental health, that we have to deal with the strawman purchasing issue, and that when we develop that consensus, we can finally, finally do something to address this issue.
Lol he refers to himself in 3rd person.

He Voted against Brady and for the law which exempts gun manufacturers from being sued. Now he hates guns?

He's a political tool and has lived off the government dole his entire adult life.

Hillary had a good night last night according to the coverage. On message, on message and on message. She will be very hard to beat in November next year.
The media jackals say one thing, online polling says another and put Sanders way ahead. In other words, the media makes whatever news it wants.

Hillary flip flops like a fish out of water, getting shrill doesn't mask it for most folks. She can't exactly run on her accomplishments and if fellow Dems can make her look shaky wait until she comes up against some real opposition.

He Voted against Brady and for the law which exempts gun manufacturers from being sued. Now he hates guns?

He's a political tool and has lived off the government dole his entire adult life.
Reading between the lines, he is in a pro-gun state and wanted votes.

Hillary lied about the 90 a day from gun violence.
She added all of numbers together to get that number.
Suicides and accidents are still going to happen no matter what.
I don't consider those two as being violent.
The goal is to get rid of as many guns as possible by the left.
I don't think that trading less guns for more rape and robbery as being the answers.
In the countries that have done that, the criminals are having a field day, they love it.

You mentioned the Marxist and guns. I basically summed up what he and that corporatist bitch was sayin'. :thup:

What did he say, again?
So, you don't know.
Let me remind you:

Let's move on to some of the most pressing issues facing our country right now, some of the biggest issues right now in the headlines today. We're going to start with guns. The shooting in Oregon earlier this month, once again it brought the issue of guns into the national conversation. Over the last week, guns have been the most discussed political topic on Facebook by two to one.

Senator Sanders, you voted against the Brady bill that mandated background checks and a waiting period. You also supported allowing riders to bring guns in checked bags on Amtrak trains. For a decade, you said that holding gun manufacturers legally responsible for mass shootings is a bad idea. Now, you say you're reconsidering that. Which is it: shield the gun companies from lawsuits or not?

SANDERS: Let's begin, Anderson, by understanding that Bernie Sanders has a D-minus voting rating (ph) from the NRA. Let's also understand that back in 1988 when I first ran for the United States Congress, way back then, I told the gun owners of the state of Vermont and I told the people of the state of Vermont, a state which has virtually no gun control, that I supported a ban on assault weapons. And over the years, I have strongly avoided instant background checks, doing away with this terrible gun show loophole. And I think we've got to move aggressively at the federal level in dealing with the straw man purchasers.

Also I believe, and I've fought for, to understand that there are thousands of people in this country today who are suicidal, who are homicidal, but can't get the healthcare that they need, the mental healthcare, because they don't have insurance or they're too poor. I believe that everybody in this country who has a mental crisis has got to get mental health counseling immediately. COOPER: Do you want to shield gun companies from lawsuits?

SANDERS: Of course not. This was a large and complicated bill. There were provisions in it that I think made sense. For example, do I think that a gun shop in the state of Vermont that sells legally a gun to somebody, and that somebody goes out and does something crazy, that that gun shop owner should be held responsible? I don't.

On the other hand, where you have manufacturers and where you have gun shops knowingly giving guns to criminals or aiding and abetting that, of course we should take action.

CLINTON: No, not at all. I think that we have to look at the fact that we lose 90 people a day from gun violence. This has gone on too long and it's time the entire country stood up against the NRA. The majority of our country...

(APPLAUSE)

Senator Sanders did vote five times against the Brady bill. Since it was passed, more than 2 million prohibited purchases have been prevented. He also did vote, as he said, for this immunity provision. I voted against it. I was in the Senate at the same time. It wasn't that complicated to me. It was pretty straightforward to me that he was going to give immunity to the only industry in America. Everybody else has to be accountable, but not the gun manufacturers. And we need to stand up and say: Enough of that. We're not going to let it continue.

(APPLAUSE)

COOPER: We're going to bring you all in on this. But, Senator Sanders, you have to give a response.

SANDERS: As a senator from a rural state, what I can tell Secretary Clinton, that all the shouting in the world is not going to do what I would hope all of us want, and that is keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have those guns and end this horrible violence that we are seeing.

I believe that there is a consensus in this country. A consensus has said we need to strengthen and expand instant background checks, do away with this gun show loophole, that we have to address the issue of mental health, that we have to deal with the strawman purchasing issue, and that when we develop that consensus, we can finally, finally do something to address this issue.

Comprehension problems?

What did he say, again?
So, you don't know.
Let me remind you:

(APPLAUSE)

(APPLAUSE)

Comprehension problems?
No. I have no comprehension problem.

I get what they are doing and I think it's lying, pandering, and only the very stupid vote democrat.

What did he say, again?
So, you don't know.
Let me remind you:

(APPLAUSE)

(APPLAUSE)

Comprehension problems?
No. I have no comprehension problem.

I get what they are doing and I think it's lying, pandering, and only the very stupid vote democrat.

No. I don't think you do. Where in there did you find that he hates guns?

[QUOTE

We have been doing those things for over 40 years.
The people who have been committing these shootings did not get any of their guns from gun shows. There is no gun show loopholes. That is a lie.
We have more than enough background checks.
Any legislation that the right have done on the mentally ill to stop them from getting guns has been blocked by the left.
Reagan, didn't close mental hospitals or put anyone on the street. Progressive views on mental health, a misguided ACLU, and politicians who "know better" did it.
Then the Supreme Court found a constitutional right to liberty for mental health patients.

He isn't just another Democrat and he does differ from Hillary Clinton on several issues.

You don't have to attack your opponent to win, all you have to do is convince them your position is better.

That is how you should debate--too advance for the Republicans whose main concern is "Is he/she a conservative?"

You can disagree with your opponent, but attacking his political persuasion is a joke!

What did he say, again?
So, you don't know.
Let me remind you:

(APPLAUSE)

(APPLAUSE)

When did Sanders refer to himself in the third person?

What did he say, again?
So, you don't know.
Let me remind you:

(APPLAUSE)

(APPLAUSE)

When did Sanders refer to himself in the third person?
"Bernie Sanders has a D+ voting record with the NRA"

He isn't just another Democrat and he does differ from Hillary Clinton on several issues.

You don't have to attack your opponent to win, all you have to do is convince them your position is better.

That is how you should debate--too advance for the Republicans whose main concern is "Is he/she a conservative?"

You can disagree with your opponent, but attacking his political persuasion is a joke!

who did Sanders convince his position is better idiot? as a matter of fact just how many positions on ANYTHING does hillary and sanders have different views on?

ur a joke; why do you people lie to yourselves?

Sanders could have come out and said he is favor of unfettered access to the 2nd amendment, repealing Obamacare and banning abortion and the idiots on this site still would bash him because he's a "socialist".

Let's be honest, the mindless conservative drones on this site don't actually have critical reasoning skills and thus base their entire opinion on the letter next to a politicians name. Nothing less, nothing more. Simple thoughts for simple people.

Forum List

Back