Left in full meltdown over Zarqawis' death

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by red states rule, Jun 9, 2006.

1. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    As I have said, the left is in full meltdown over the death of Zarqawi. Fox News reported the following...........
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,198794,00.html

The elimination of terrorist leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in Iraq may have been a victory for the United States and a step forward in the War on Terror, but you might not have known that from some of the coverage.

Reuters called Zarqawi a "figurehead for Islamist militants," who has "been blamed by the United States" for suicide bombings and the beheading of foreign captives. And the BBC called Zarqawi simply a "militant leader" who was "considered the figurehead of the Sunni insurgency." The BBC suggested his removal could do more harm than good by bringing about "an explosion of revenge by his followers."

Meanwhile, the Arab Committee for Human Rights says it's outraged at the release of photos verifying Zarqawi's death, calling it a violation of the Geneva Convention.

A spokesman tells al-Jazeera that the treaty's provisions on degrading treatment prohibit releasing any pictures of dead combatants or prisoners of war, claiming the U.S. also violated the provision after the capture of Saddam Hussein and the deaths of his sons

Those protections, of course, extend to soldiers of another country, not terrorists, and Pentagon officials say the pictures were necessary to convince the world that Zarqawi was dead. Al-Jazeera calls that a "flimsy argument."

U.S. contractor Nick Berg's beheading in Iraq two years ago was broadcast around the world and U.S. officials say Zarqawi himself committed the execution. But Berg's father says he feels no relief at the terrorist's death because he blames President Bush for the murder.

Michael Berg told FOX News that the president signed off on "the torture and death and rape of people in Abu Ghraib prison, for which my son was killed in retaliation."

Berg, by the way, is running for Congress in Pennsylvania as a member of the Green Party.

Any good news for the US and the US military is bad news for the Dems

2. nukeman

nukeman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I pulled this part out of your post I would like to point out that if Zarqawi is a soldier than I do believe than Nick Berg should have been given the same fair treatment. Oh wait Al-Jazeera was more than happy to display his beheading over and over and over again not only the actual act but than the display of his body.

Al-jazeera is filled with a bunch of islamic militant sympathizers and the whole network needs to be wiped off the face of the earth. :dev1:

I am so sick of the Muslems screaming respect our dead as they continue to behead, torture, mutilate, desicrate and parade any US soldiers body they can get their slimy greasy hands on. Every one of them that calls for our respect can go fuck themselves.... At the very least they can try to earn our respect by proveing they are going to hold themselves to the same standards they hold us hypocritical bastards one and all.....mad:

3. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    BUT...BUT...BUT...what about the moral high ground???? (sarcasm)

I don't know when the libs/Dems will understand that you cannot expect the US military to fight a war where the enemy is held to a different standard than our own soldiers. Restricting our soldiers actions on the battlefield is the same as tying both hands behind their back. If we are going to do that, get them the hell out of there. When the terrorists come to our country after that and start raping, murdering or committing the same atrocities they are currently doing in Iraq, let those on the moral high ground know they are secure in the knowledge that they have that high ground while their countrymen are murdered and their country goes down in flames. They wont have much else.

4. nukeman

nukeman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I gotta agree 100% with you these libs are doing nothing but hindering our troops and making a mockery of everything they do over there....

DEMS/LIBS =:lame2:

5. nukeman

nukeman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CSM again.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    *Satire Alert*​
    Links at site:

http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2278

7. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Satire yes, but damn close to the truth. I heard Murtha this morning on the news...not far from the truth at all!

8. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Al Gore was on Leno last night. He didn't sound very lib at all, at least concerning Zarqawi.

Leno: Isn't it kind of strange to be celebrating the death of a person like this? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm glad the guy's dead, but don't you think it's weird to celebrate death like this?

Gore: Yeah.... no. It's a good thing to celebrate this guy being dead.

Leno: Ok then.

I might be paraphrasing a bit, but that's the basic jist of the conversation.

9. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    psst...heya Arab Committee for Human Rights people...wanna talk 'conventions'???

[​IMG]
    On September 1, 2004 Chechen muzzies, armed with guns and suicide-bomb belts, seized a Russian school taking hundreds of children hostage. Over 300 people, many children, were killed by the Islamic Terrorists.

[​IMG]
    The National Movement for the Restoration of Pakistan Sovereignty accused Daniel Pearl of spying for the United States and Israel.
    Pearl was confirmed dead on February 21 when a video tape surfaces that shows Pearl being stabbed and decapitated.

[​IMG]
    Jack Hensley, Kenneth Bigley and Eugene Armstrong were kidnapped in Baghdad. The men were working on Iraqi reconstruction projects.

On Tuesday September 20, 2004 Jordanian terrorist Musab al-Zarqawi beheaded the 53-year old American construction worker from Hillsdale, Michigan.

[​IMG]
    Officials notified the family on what would have been his 49th birthday that Jack Hensley's headless body had been found by Iraqi police.

A group loyal to Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi posted a message Tuesday, September 21, 2004, on an Islamist Web site saying Hensley had been killed.

[​IMG]
    Kim Sun-il, an evangelical Christian, was slain after his government refused to grant the demand of suspected al Qaeda terrorists that the government cancel its planned deployment of 3,000 troops to help rebuild Iraq.

[​IMG]
    Paul Johnson Jr., a 49-year-old Lockheed Martin Corp. employee, was kidnapped in Riyadh.

Soon after an Islamist Web site posted photographs of his decapitated body.

July 21, 2004 - Saudi security forces found the frozen head of slain U.S. hostage Paul M. Johnson Jr.

(credits to Terrorists-suck.org)

10. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Arab Committee for Human Rights...LOL!

I have heard some on this board talk about how the US dehumanizes the enemy in order to kill them. How much "dehumanizing" does it take to saw somebody's head off? How much "dehumanization" does it take to blow up a bunch of school kids? How "dehumanized" do you have to be to rape and torture innocents?

The US doesn't have to "dehumanize" the enemy...they did that themselves.