Lawyer to passengers: No jury cares that you had to eat pop-tarts on a cruise ship.

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
Plaintiffs’ Lawyer to Splendor Passengers: Don’t Bother Suing - Law Blog - WSJ

Plaintiff's lawyer tells whiny passengers to STFU

If by this point you haven’t yet gotten Walker’s point, he drives it home here:

f you decide to reject [Carnival's offer], please don’t call us. Most jurors will not have much patience for vacationers complaining about eating Pop Tarts on a cruise ship, when some of the jurors cannot afford a cruise in the first place and our U.S. troops have been eating MRE meals in the middle of the desert in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Some pundits in California think that the contracts on those tickets are unconstitutional. Since the entire travel industry has vetted those contracts, I think they will probably hold up. They have been doing so for years, take a look at the terms on the back of a Western Union form sometime.

Some pundits in California think that the contracts on those tickets are unconstitutional. Since the entire travel industry has vetted those contracts, I think they will probably hold up. They have been doing so for years, take a look at the terms on the back of a Western Union form sometime.

"Unconstitutional"? In what way. They might be illegal. They might be adhesion contracts (which I think is what you are referring to). But cruise ship lines are private industry, not the government. Last time I looked, the Constitution protects citizens from governmental abuses. Abuses at the hands of private individuals or private companies can be redressed, but only through the court system and on legal grounds, as opposed to Constitutional grounds.

BTW - did you get my PM on the Chinese Laundry case? Get back to me on it.

plus if you read the papers you sign to go on the cruise....they are pretty much sue proof...you give up all legals rights....

Correctamundo. And never get sick while on a cruise either.

Almost all cruise ships are registered to foreign countries - Libya, Nigeria, etc. That's no accident. If you want to sue a cruise line, you must bring your suit in the country where the cruise ship is registered. Want to go to Nigeria to take advantage of their "courts" over there to maintain your suit? Of course not - as the cruise lines well know.

Any consideration you get from a cruise line and/or its personnel is based solely on business considerations - nothing else. They know damn well they are pretty suit secure.

Don't ever get sick on a cruise ship. And ladies - don't get raped by a ship employee either, at least now while the ship is on the high seas.

Last edited:

"Unconstitutional"? In what way. They might be illegal. They might be adhesion contracts (which I think is what you are referring to). But cruise ship lines are private industry, not the government. Last time I looked, the Constitution protects citizens from governmental abuses. Abuses at the hands of private individuals or private companies can be redressed, but only through the court system and on legal grounds, as opposed to Constitutional grounds.

BTW - did you get my PM on the Chinese Laundry case? Get back to me on it.

Sorry, i wasn't paying enough attention to what they were actually saying. It was a local news broadcast, and i was too busy scoffing and ridiculing the entire notion with my friends to actually pay attention. I do know they were thinking specifically about the California constitution, not the US. Sorry I cannot be more specific.

Madeline will explode in righteous fury when she reads this thread.

Last edited:
Madeline will explode in righteous fury when she reads this thread.

Why? Have any Muslims been abused? Was Palin on the cruise? If not, then no.

Oh, you must have missed her thread on this very subject last week, she was advocating that every passenger on the cruise ship should sue. I'll find a link if I can.

Here you go CG

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-and-justice-system/141400-should-they-sue.html

Man, she is a gift. Must be hard to be so consistently stupid.

It must have really sucked to be stuck on a cruise ship, in the ocean, with how many pools? I also heard they supplied plenty of alcohol, and I love pop tarts.
They also get to go on another cruise for free, these people need to quit their bitching.

Plaintiffs’ Lawyer to Splendor Passengers: Don’t Bother Suing - Law Blog - WSJ

Plaintiff's lawyer tells whiny passengers to STFU

If by this point you haven’t yet gotten Walker’s point, he drives it home here:

f you decide to reject [Carnival's offer], please don’t call us. Most jurors will not have much patience for vacationers complaining about eating Pop Tarts on a cruise ship, when some of the jurors cannot afford a cruise in the first place and our U.S. troops have been eating MRE meals in the middle of the desert in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Good for him. A rational lawyer.

It must have really sucked to be stuck on a cruise ship, in the ocean, with how many pools? I also heard they supplied plenty of alcohol, and I love pop tarts.
They also get to go on another cruise for free, these people need to quit their bitching.

Not only do they get another cruise free, they get a refund for this cruise.

Very true! These people are a bunch of spoiled babies.

I also just remembered a camping trip I had in high school, we remembered the alcohol, but only had pop tarts and hot dogs with nothing else. LOL
And we weren't on a cruise ship with a few pools, I should have sued.

I also just remembered a camping trip I had in high school, we remembered the alcohol, but only had pop tarts and hot dogs with nothing else. LOL

I remember a camping trip i went on once, lasted a year, there was no alcohol and we had MRE's to eat. I should have sued. But I guess I can't complain, because they did give me another identical camping trip 12 years later..............

I remember a camping trip i went on once, lasted a year, there was no alcohol and we had MRE's to eat. I should have sued. But I guess I can't complain, because they did give me another identical camping trip 12 years later..............
You just had to make me look bad? :lol:
I had a MRE once, my sixth grade teacher was in the guard, and went to the first Iraq War and Vietnam. He made us eat them, and they were not the new ones. I think they were left over from when he was in Vietnam. LOL

MREs are post Vietnam. They came in in 1981.

However the LRP ration was issued to special forces only, and it came in in 1966, and was the basis for the MRE.

Forum List

Back