Lawmakers Willing to Gamble on Public Anger Over Health Care

You can make fun of the Tea Partiers all you want to but they are here and I don't think they are going to stop protesting what the Govt, our elected offcials, are doing.

Folks are beginning to wake up to what the Govt is doing. They don't care for the bailouts, the buyoffs or the bs that went into passing this bill. They are pissed at both partys. The Dems more because they are the party in power right now. They passed this bill all on their own and completely ignored the wishs of their constituents. The taxpayers that fund all the bs they are so fond of shoving down our throats.

I believe foks are also pissed that a whole year has been wasted on the HC BS. A year that should have gone toward imporoving the economy and jobs.

This HC bill has no reform in it at all. THere is nothing to lower costs. All they did was add millions to the roles and we the taxpayers will pay the freight as always.

No wonder folks are pissed. I sure am.

Besides being pissed off about all the lies they're telling us about this HC bill, found out today there's quite abit of stuff in there that has NOTHING to do with healthcare! One being there's provision in it for Obama's "brown shirts"...his little civilian Army he has in place in case of a national emergency. I can see this emergency happening in time to throw off the elections in November - have enough people not being able to get out and vote may help them out. People need to be aware of what may happen also to get our minds off the HC and the democrats at that time. Seems like some emergency usually comes up in time to make us start thinking in areas other than what our government is doing.

If the GOP thinks the public hates the Healthcare plan let them run on repealing it.

Let them tell voters they want to take away their coverage

Okay Obama. :rolleyes:

Do you believe this bill would have passed when unemployment was down?
If you're a realist you're answer would be no. It passed with bribery and backdoor sneakery as it was in a shit economy with the public scared if they will ever see good jobs again.
I get the sneaking suspicion that we may soon see a nice little boost in the economy and the reason this was hurried was not because it is so necessary, but because as the economy grows it would receive less support. Rahm Emanuel himself is quoted as saying that "you should never let a disaster go to waste". This is their power grab. It is not what they want exactly but it is their base to build upon.

You would think that politicians doing what they believe is right, without regard to whether it helps them in the polls, or politically, at election time, would be something some would find commendable.

I guess it's commendable when you happen to agree with what they did.

Hmmmm....we had a Tea Party demonstration in our little town, and I saw nothing of constitutional ideals. What I saw were signs saying "stop spending" and "stop taxing." Well, what government service would you like us to cut? I work for our little government and I'm in a position to know that there's very little left to cut. Everything's been cut to the bone and we're probably facing layoffs in the next year. When the services we provide start to suffer, I'll bet the same people will be out demonstrating and demanding their services back. BUT...don't charge us taxes to support them, dangit!

If you're going to protest, learn a little about what you're protesting and offer solutions. Don't just get out there and throw around slogans because they sound good or make you feel good. THINK, people!

You would think that politicians doing what they believe is right, without regard to whether it helps them in the polls, or politically, at election time, would be something some would find commendable.

I'm not sure how one finds the theft of 960 billion dollars from those who earned it for the purpose of giving it to others commendable. Could you explain that to me??

Hmmmm....we had a Tea Party demonstration in our little town, and I saw nothing of constitutional ideals. What I saw were signs saying "stop spending" and "stop taxing." Well, what government service would you like us to cut? I work for our little government and I'm in a position to know that there's very little left to cut. Everything's been cut to the bone and we're probably facing layoffs in the next year. When the services we provide start to suffer, I'll bet the same people will be out demonstrating and demanding their services back. BUT...don't charge us taxes to support them, dangit!

If you're going to protest, learn a little about what you're protesting and offer solutions. Don't just get out there and throw around slogans because they sound good or make you feel good. THINK, people!

sell us that song and dance when all 100 percent of Americans pay federal income tax,, right now half of us carry the load.. so they have a fucking right to protest.

Your blindness is not my problem, the government is taxing me for something I already have and pay for......the first revolution was started because of the same reason, the people of this country can only be pushed so far before it happens again....do you want to bet on it?

If the GOP thinks the public hates the Healthcare plan let them run on repealing it.

Let them tell voters they want to take away their coverage

Just who's coverage will they be taking away???

Don't expect and answer, rw is what i call a "hit and run" poster. In the unlikely event he does answer, it will just be democrat cut and paste talking points that likely won't make any sense........

And what is it exactly that you think the tea party activists represent?

Blind anti-government hatred, mostly.

I'd say there are probably a few that represent that, but most are just people that want to adhere to the constitution. They look at what the federal government has become and are repulsed by the bloated, over-reaching corruption they're seeing. Do you like what the federal government has become and how it operates?

I'd be much more sympathic to their complaints if most of them weren't excusing the Republicans and attempting to blame Obama entirely for the financial mess this nation is in..

Its as though they havent lived through the last ten years or haven't read any history about this nation in the last fifty years or so, because that's how long this nation has been brewing up this toxic debt.

No, you can protest all you want, but if the protestors are so OBVIOUSLY partisan, then their complaints just don't ring true to me.

Last edited:
And what is it exactly that you think the tea party activists represent?

I'd say there are probably a few that represent that, but most are just people that want to adhere to the constitution. They look at what the federal government has become and are repulsed by the bloated, over-reaching corruption they're seeing. Do you like what the federal government has become and how it operates?

Yes I do.

We are not the same country we were in 1782. Back then, we were an agrarian society where most people lived off the land. Peoples needs were simpler back then. There were no roads, no sewer or water systems, public hospitals, no standing military. If something bad happened to you....you just died
The US has grown into the worlds premier superpower both militarily and economically. Are any of you willing to step back and let someone else take the role? Modern societies take care of their people. This includes educaation, healthcare, welfare for those without and a means of retirement.
The right wing longs for the days of old when everyone took care of themselves. That society no longer exists. Each person depends on everyone else whether they realize it or not.
I would not want to go back to that way of life.....neither would uou

I'd be much more sympathic to their complaints if most of them weren't excusing the Republicans and attempting to blame Obama entirely for the financial mess this nation is in..

Its as though they havent lived through the last ten years or haven't read any history about this nation in the last fifty years or so, because that's how long this nation has been brewing up this toxic debt.

No, you can protest all you want, but if the protestors are so OBVIOUSLY partisan, then their complaints just don't ring true to me.

Did not the Reps get thrown out during the last two voting cycles because of the spending and Bush??

I saw a lot worse from the left against Bush then I have seen from these folks against Barry boy. Jeeze.

As for the Tea Partiers. Most are just plain old folks from all parties. They are fed up with Congress and the way the Govt is spending their hard earned tax dollars. I say good for them. Get out there and make your feeling know. After all. This is America.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I'm not sure how one finds the theft of 960 billion dollars from those who earned it for the purpose of giving it to others commendable. Could you explain that to me??

Have your taxes gone up this year? How about we raise your taxes to pay for the Iraq war? Would you object to that?

I'll only be happy if it eliminates all the time I spend dealing with billing errors and out-right fraud on part of my wife's various doctors. I find it worse than dealing with my tax filing.

Have your taxes gone up this year? How about we raise your taxes to pay for the Iraq war? Would you object to that?

how about your thug azz put back that 960 billion dollars.. and how's about you write to your messiah and tell him to end the wars,, oh yes,,, another promise broken

"As people learn what's actually in the bill, that six months from now, by election time, this is going to be a plus because the parade of horribles, particularly the worry that the average middle class person has that this is going to affect them negatively, will have vanished and they'll see that it'll affect them positively in many ways, " Sen. Chuck Schumer, D.N.Y., said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press.".

The Costs of Human Action

The response of the politicians to these isolated threats reveals the utterly dishonest nature of all political systems. CNN informs us that "Democrats discuss concerns with police, FBI." If these legislators truly believed that they were acting in the interests of those who voted for them – instead of the corporations and governmental bureaucracies who promoted the measure – why don’t the "Democrats discuss concerns" with their alleged constituencies? Why do they not attend a genuine "town hall" meeting – instead of the staged and well-scripted charades – and explain to an angry electorate how government-controlled medicine will work to their benefit? Perhaps veterans of military hospitals – such as Walter Reed – might show up to relate their experiences.

Forum List

Back